SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:31 PM
Sir Crashalot
Murray, KY
Joined Mar 2007
224 Posts
Question
Walkera V200D01, Top Dog FP?

Ok... So.... I've been staring aimlessly at the V200D01 OR the Classima 300 for a while now trying to decide on if I should get one. Is this currently the top dog of fixed pitch helis right now? Or is there something larger+better out there?

I would be opting for the WK-2403 TX over the WK-2401, which also begs the question, which aftermarket receivers work with this TX?
DarkWolf is offline Find More Posts by DarkWolf
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:47 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,754 Posts
I have V200D01 with 2402D. Nice heli but have mine hooked up to Devo 7 TX. Get the Devo. Outdated 2403 will not work with current Walkrea 4 ch birds. Unless you use magic cube. Forget the Exceed version and get real deal. Your call. Super F/P will fly circles around V200D01.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:05 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
The biggest and most expensive FP heli is the Multiplex Funcopter. The hobby market has pretty much abandoned the FP market because they have all gone to flybarless. Comparable flybarless CP models perform better than flybarless FP models, because they are easier for the flybarless control system to manage. So, there's not much point to making more FP models.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:06 PM
Sir Crashalot
Murray, KY
Joined Mar 2007
224 Posts
What are the high points of the 2402D over the older 2043 TX? Or is it just that it supports the modern Walkeras where as the other does not?

The Multiplex Funcopter is basically a super sized LMH, from what I'd seen.. I had one of those a while ago.. Rather miss it, actually.. I could run that thing face first into a tree and it'd be fine to fly.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:26 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
The Funcopter is the same size as the LMH and many parts fit.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:40 PM
Sir Crashalot
Murray, KY
Joined Mar 2007
224 Posts
Oh? I thought it was larger.. I had a 110 I put a Concept EP motor in, was fun.. Then they came out with the Corona.. Anyway, was a fun heli for sure.

So far as the flybarless 3 axis gyro goes, like on the Tarot, they all basically work the same in that they remove the tendency of drifting? I had a Honeybee CP2 that was so darn squirly I couldn't handle it. In contract, the MJX I had could be flown hands free and if you did pitch it, if you gave a slight correction and release it would stick in place, not slide around like a mad dog on ice.

So basically, I loved how the MJX F45 flew, and I know the V200D01 handles that well, and better (reaction/speed) if the rates are higher.. Last thing I want is a rabid squirrel on ice again. One of the main reasons I'm still shying away from a CP, else I'd put more thought into a Tarot kit.

That and the high head speed means that any impact [tip] will result in damage. Or have things progressed? Been a while.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:55 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Again, the MJX F45 and other top mounted 45 offset flybar heli models are the bottom of the performance ladder. They are highly stabilized, have slow predictable response and little movement authority. Any flybarless heli will be a huge leap.I would recommend a micro quad as the best stepping stone to that level. The old HBCP V2 is a harder to fly than todays flybarless helis, but it's not a qauntum leap.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:25 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
From what I can see the v200d01 was released in mid 2010? If that's the case. and assuming it follows the well established walkera tradition, it has between 6 months and a year left before it gets disco'd and parts start drying up.
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:13 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlik View Post
From what I can see the v200d01 was released in mid 2010? If that's the case. and assuming it follows the well established walkera tradition, it has between 6 months and a year left before it gets disco'd and parts start drying up.
Gee, every vendor that carries Walkrea has parts in stock. Similar noise about Genius c/p out od date and no parts, but alas now there is a V2 Genius and bet parts will work. If you don't like Walkrea thats fine, who cares?? I fly that brand every day and they still fly well. Takes me a couple days to get parts if needed, not bad. Progress moves foward and to stay in the game you need to move on. Old stuff pre Devo bye.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:59 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Gee, every vendor that carries Walkrea has parts in stock.
I didn't say there are no parts available now, I said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlik View Post
... assuming it follows the well established walkera tradition, it has between 6 months and a year left before it gets disco'd and parts start drying up.
Your reply was about six months to a year premature.

Walkera has an established history of discontinuing stuff after about 3 years and if he's thinking about a walkera product that's getting close to the 3rd birthday, I think he should know there's a very good chance it won't be supported much longer.
If there's been a statement from walkera about a new business model where they intend to increase the life span of their product, please link to it.
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik
Old Dec 08, 2012, 04:16 PM
Sir Crashalot
Murray, KY
Joined Mar 2007
224 Posts
I highly doubt that they'll expand the lifespan. So good info regardless.. Knew they stayed fairly steady with their length of life.

That said though, if need be, other models could most likely sub in for parts.. What could I possibly need.. Gears, main shaft, pin, etc.. Fairly standard stuff that doesn't fluctuate that much in size specs. But then, by that time I'd hope to have moved up into CP.

I'm not big on the quad copters, though I understand where you're coming from. Although most larger I looked at have a fairly good stability which rivals coax in that if they're set up to, they will force back into hover if you let go of the sticks. Not exactly like a CP at all, IMO. Or at least basing it off the CP2 I had, that is.

Been trying to pull up the Walkera, but it's down at the moment. Was going to see what all is in their new lineup.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 04:24 PM
Sir Crashalot
Murray, KY
Joined Mar 2007
224 Posts
Annnnnnnnnnnnyway... Back onto what I'd actually asked.... Are there any other FP models in the 200+ size range which are the same caliber or better than then the Walkera stated? Or can I safely assume the answer is no.. It is indeed the top of its class as far as FP helis are concerned.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:54 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
That's about it for FP helis. FYI: a quad only returns to level if it has accelerometers and they are turned on. It's controlled by a channel switch and is a "failsafe" feature. Many better flybarless helis also have this. It's not present on most micro quads.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:25 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,260 Posts
I also suspect that The V200D01 is no longer in production. Even it is not, I am almost certain that the 2401 and 2404 transmitters have been discontinued. Anyway, I have had the V200D01 and the Walkera Master CP. The V200D01 had good reviews then but looking back, it was mainly due to the fact that there was no competition.

The Master CP is much easier to fly than the V200D01. This is despite the fact that it is a CP. It is much more stable and can be made to fly even slower than the V200D01. The gyro is much better on the Master CP and it is much more durable than the V200D01. The only big issue so far is that you will have to replace the servos that are very prone to stripping. The same servos are used in the V200D01 but they are not a problem there.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:46 PM
Sir Crashalot
Murray, KY
Joined Mar 2007
224 Posts
I see the Master CP comes with a Devo, it's [the heli] brand new this year, no? Also see they came out with a Genuis CP V2 recently as well but it's smaller than I want.

So your saying the Master CP flies BETTER than the V200? Out of the box, or alot of tuning required?

I've certainly not written off just going with a CP. Just want to be sure I go with the right one.

Also, you say the servos are easily stripped, but it comes with WK-7.6-9s which are metal gear. Just shoddy?
Last edited by DarkWolf; Dec 08, 2012 at 09:08 PM. Reason: New Q?