HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:34 AM
Joined Nov 2012
15 Posts
Discussion
multiplex twister or fly fly raptor?

anyone flown the raptor 90mm edf from fly fly. toying with that or a high powered multiplex twister as thy re no good on 3 cells . having flown several fun jets mostly on 4 cells, i am looking for something larger and more scale like. not sure about just elevon control on the raptor and read a few bad reviews on cg when using 5 cells. can be bought for 68 in the uk tho which is a very good price. any thoughts appreciated
boxster is offline Find More Posts by boxster
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:27 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,948 Posts
If you're looking for scale-like, I suspect that the Twister won't do it for you since it's a fictional jet shape...but it's a very high quality model. The options for 70mm power systems are pretty vast these days so you wouldn't have to rely on the stock power system (which was fairly weak).

The Flyfly jets are relatively well liked. I can't comment on them because I have yet to fly one but they look decent.

I was very impressed with the Freewing Eurofighter 90mm. It's a beautiful model, that is a real stunner in the air. The Thrust vectoring feature is totally unnecessary, IMO...but it's there if you want it.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1198859
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX