HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 11, 2012, 05:34 PM
Joined Sep 2010
130 Posts
Discussion
Backlight for Title Description on FPV Ground Station

Hi guys, i will start build my ground station next month, i would like to have led iluminated description title for each switch toggle function, but i dont know how can i do it,

For example, switch toggle for power on/of lcd, in title description under switch toggle i will have led illuminated title description: LCD Power,

See if it will work:

I will buy transparent acrylic, then i will use led backlight under acrylic (http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/46...backlight.html)
and over acrylic i will have carbon fiber vinyl electronic cutted letters (LCD Power for example)
Link for Carbon Fiber Vinyl: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2D-High-Glos...ht_1937wt_1163

This will work ? I need these backlight, or can i simple put white paper with leds under acrylic that i will have same effect ?

Can somebody help me with it ? Thanks for all
felipesalomao is offline Find More Posts by felipesalomao
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:44 AM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,243 Posts
I did something similar and used white paper with a light behind it and it worked great. Otherwise, you can sand the acrylic to get a diffused effect for the light and not need the paper. sand the back side of the acrylic so the top that you see will still be glossy.
techspy is offline Find More Posts by techspy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Esprit Saga
Old Jun 13, 2012, 01:25 AM
Joined Sep 2010
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by techspy View Post
I did something similar and used white paper with a light behind it and it worked great. Otherwise, you can sand the acrylic to get a diffused effect for the light and not need the paper. sand the back side of the acrylic so the top that you see will still be glossy.
Do you know if this 2D Gloss vinyl passes light (translucent) or not, because i will have to cut titles text and it have to block backlight, do you have photo of your groundstation updated with backlight ? Thanks !!!
felipesalomao is offline Find More Posts by felipesalomao