SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:57 AM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
You flew 3 batteries through what? Your micro Stryker? I would love a Beast UMX too. Very cool plane. I fly a Crack Pitts biplane right now.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
Wow, I am having the hardest time ever picking another mini/micro bnf. This one looks like a winner. I am definitely getting the Eflite Mig, but I would like to get one more at this time. Love the looks of this plane.
You can't go wrong with the um stryker - It is quite possibly the best um going. Huge flight envelope, super slow to very fast, super maneuverable, not fussy about wind. I find it is a fun fly in any wind I'd enjoy flying the as3x planes in without the little nits of the system. I have the mig, but would pick the um Stryker over it any day.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:16 PM
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
You flew 3 batteries through what? Your micro Stryker? I would love a Beast UMX too. Very cool plane. I fly a Crack Pitts biplane right now.
Yea, my Micro Stryker. I can't seem to find a good place here in the UK that has the beast in-stock.
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:20 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
You can't go wrong with the um stryker - It is quite possibly the best um going. Huge flight envelope, super slow to very fast, super maneuverable, not fussy about wind. I find it is a fun fly in any wind I'd enjoy flying the as3x planes in without the little nits of the system. I have the mig, but would pick the um Stryker over it any day.
I would have to agree, next to the AS3X MiG, the Stryker is my go to micro when the wind is blowing!! Flew her the other day in 6-10mph winds!! She flew fantastic!!! I'm hooked on Babbel Batts for my 2s birds!!!!
rcoconut is online now Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Oct 20, 2012, 05:50 AM
Sky Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Feb 2004
980 Posts
I just received 6 of the 180 nano techs. Same size and have the same flight time as the stock 200's. And, I use a 6 port charging board to charge all 6 at the same time..
four stroke pwr is offline Find More Posts by four stroke pwr
Old Oct 20, 2012, 07:15 AM
Work....fly, repeat...
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Joined Jul 2008
1,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by four stroke pwr View Post
I just received 6 of the 180 nano techs. Same size and have the same flight time as the stock 200's. And, I use a 6 port charging board to charge all 6 at the same time..
I guess I just need to bite the bullet and upgrade chargers.
I have an old Triton Jr and flightpower balancer. Can't get them to do parallel on the smaller packs.

Need to replace the fuse again. One too many tangles with the ground. I just love this plane.
AeroRecon is offline Find More Posts by AeroRecon
Old Oct 20, 2012, 07:19 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroRecon View Post
I guess I just need to bite the bullet and upgrade chargers.
I have an old Triton Jr and flightpower balancer. Can't get them to do parallel on the smaller packs.

Need to replace the fuse again. One too many tangles with the ground. I just love this plane.
Yeah, I'm on my 2nd. I wish they'd made the nose section detachable like the big one.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Oct 20, 2012, 08:01 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy85 View Post
I just got mine and I carry it in my backpack because I cycle everywhere. The two times I have flown it it's been nothing but fun! So slow yet so fast.... I can't wait for my batteries to get here!
Danny
That is awesome!

How do you carry it? In its box? (How large is your backpack?)
pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:12 AM
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Just regular size backpack. I cut the box down so its just the size of the plane..works great for the days I just want to go out by myself and have some stress relief! I have 6 nanotech 260s on the way from china... I have always liked them so hopefully they work out. I also got one of the charge leads that will balance 6 at a time. Right now I'm using over landers and the stock eflight. I need the adapter tho because I think I can do better than 6min each......but can't tell how much I'm using out of them.
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Last edited by Dannyboy85; Oct 20, 2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:36 AM
Joined Oct 2003
921 Posts
Hey all, I just picked up a um stryker on the weekend. It's slightly used but in pristine shape. The previous owner changed a few things on it. He put the a new connector and used 2 separate 300 cells with a Y connector. Looking at it I see that he put a G WS 4040 prop on it. I took it out this morning and found that it banked left and before I could get it trimmed I ended up landing fast but not too hard or so I thought. The left wing tip broke off. Attached it up take it out again put brake trim on it and it flies great when was picking up so I only flu for about 5 minutes but I can tell it's a great little plane.
Looking at it again after I got it flying straight I can see that I have full right trim on the ailerons and wIth this setting the right aileron on is much higher than the left one. I'm not sure if I should try to physically adjust anything or just leave it. I'm also wondering about your opinions on using the 4040 prop. What advantages other than higher speed would there be with this over the stock prop. Would it have more thrust making slow flight easier?
Can't wait to take it out again.
Cheers,
Rob
robster94gt is offline Find More Posts by robster94gt
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:31 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,116 Posts
Dont worry about slow speed thrust, this ship will have enough power to rocket up, even on a 4040. The 4040's main advantage for me is how quiet it is.
Look for rudder trim, rudder trim that's off can look like a roll issue.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:46 AM
Joined Oct 2003
921 Posts
Thanks for the quick response. Will check out the rudders. how much does the 4040 affect flight times? Wondering if there's any point to switching back, or if I should just leave it.
I'm not a high speed flyer, buy I'm thinking I might start flying fasted with this one as I find it builds confidence. Felt really good on my short flight. Also wondering about the rudders. I never really use them to make coordinated turns on my other planes. Do you use them for normal turns or do they only come into play for more advanced manoeuvres.
Cheers,
Rob
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:19 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
You can run 600 mah in this plane?

I had an orientation crash on my 2nd battery.
I think the flour. orange is going to be a huge improvement.
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Oct 2003
921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
You can run 600 mah in this plane?

I had an orientation crash on my 2nd battery.
I think the flour. orange is going to be a huge improvement.
Stryking colour scheme
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:00 AM
Too much is just not enough...
Joined Jan 2009
1,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Look for rudder trim, rudder trim that's off can look like a roll issue.
Thanks for that idea. I have a little right roll trim on mine, and didn't know why.
Never thought about the rudder at all.
Next time I get to fly, I'll check that out.
Woody_99 is offline Find More Posts by Woody_99