SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 25, 2014, 07:43 PM
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
United States, NC, Oak Island
Joined Jan 2013
879 Posts
My flying Buddy had the same thing occur about 3 minutes into the flight...luckily he had some speed on her and was able to dead head her in for a perfect landing. Took about 10 minutes to find the prop/assembly in the field...but all was good. So sorry to hear about your mishap Nom! I have since check all my props :-) ...and will continue to include in the preflight.
abjets is online now Find More Posts by abjets
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SA F-18 50MM Build
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2014, 10:02 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10AE View Post
I doubt that my iPhone will do it justice, but you get the idea:

Attachment 7222806
That's an absolutely fantastic looking drawing; I take it you're planning on framing it ??
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM
if pigs could fly!
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Feb 2013
1,243 Posts
Today was the day the Wildcat flew again. Finally got a chance to take her out to the field with her new and improved elevator assembly (spare elevator + new HXT900 servo) after the "rip out" last summer.

That was some serious wow time at the field

The wind was dead calm - is it because my old SV80's had been wearing out bit by bit, but with three HXT900 out of four servos (two as I replaced the wings for cosmetic purpose, one in the elevator - only the original rudder servo remains), I'm getting more and more of that "locked in" feeling I've been enjoying with Gunfighter (which has been built from airframe only and is 100% HXT900). Couldn't remember a time when the Wildcat flew better actually. Low n' slow, more aggressive aerobatics, low rolls... Low n' slow, scale patrolling circles across the field are my favorite

With only average visibility a daunting vertical rolling dive almost ended up in the dirt (lost orientation between the top and the belly of the plane) - with a bit of luck I pulled out when the plane was in a manageable attitude.

Anyway, back into the squadron and loving every second of it !
RyoOhki1701 is offline Find More Posts by RyoOhki1701
Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM
United States, IL, Essex
Joined Feb 2010
1,548 Posts
Glad to hear you got er back in the air. You've got me wanting to get some HXT900s.
jwp2 is offline Find More Posts by jwp2
Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,914 Posts
RO,

You never left the squadron....you were just away on extended leave

Welcome back to flying status; great work on getting comfortable now that you're back in the pilot seat of the little Grumman
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM
Littleton, CO
Joined Nov 2010
1,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwp2 View Post
Glad to hear you got er back in the air. You've got me wanting to get some HXT900s.
The Parkzone DSV130 metal gear/digital servos are a good choice, too - especially for the rudder and elevator.
Lilienthal is offline Find More Posts by Lilienthal