-=Futaba RuLEz=-
Netanya, Israel
Joined Sep 2002
889 Posts
Idea
Bold new engine design

BOLD NEW ENGINE DESIGN

Hey folks.
Right, what will be said and shown here must not be repeated or reposted anywhere else, ok?

A friend of mine works for a new model aircraft engine design company. He designed a new, super-lightweight engine. It is made of the latest space-age lightweight composite materials, produced for NASA. Lighter then aluminium, yet stronger then titanium. The new construction method (that I am not allowed to repeat here for obvious reasons) is revolutionary and cuts manufacturing costs by half. Folks, you are witnessing a new generation of R/C engines in the making! This guy is a genius! This prototype is a revolutionary 6-stroke engine for R/C aircraft, designed to swing big props for TOC-style aircraft. And it only weighs 200 grams!!! This thing is amazing! With super low cost, and super-fast construction, this engine is sure to send shockwaves throughout the industry! And, the big plus is the huge amount of power, with a fraction of the weight!

As an exclusive for R/C Groups I was able to sneak in some pictures of the new design. THESE PICTURES MUST NOT BE SHOWN ANYWHERE ELSE OR SENT TO ANYONE ELSE! TOP SECRET!

(Shown here with prop and spinner designed specifically for this engine. The prop has radio controlled adjustable pitch, and is pictured here with neutral pitch)
t_predator90 is offline Find More Posts by t_predator90
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2004, 06:48 PM
Morristown,TN
Joined Oct 2003
290 Posts
Dude that look like lego but either way it kinda funny and awsome.

Kevin
glowpwer flyer is offline Find More Posts by glowpwer flyer
Old Jan 17, 2004, 07:04 PM
Canada, NS, Lunenburg
Joined Oct 1999
3,863 Posts
Aaah. You spoiled the joke by adding the picture.
DaveSawers is offline Find More Posts by DaveSawers
Old Jan 17, 2004, 07:48 PM
Southwest Missouri
Joined Oct 2002
1,354 Posts
Sad news folks. I have the first pre-production model for testing. The inventor named it the OGEL 49.
I am having a hard time getting it to run more than a few seconds at a time. I have tried several different glow plugs. The best so far is the OS type "F". I started with 10% nitro and worked my way up to stronger blends trying to get it to run better.
The best fuel so far is PowerMaster 20/20 which is what I run in my YS engines.
I broke the first prop but found an inexpensive replacement at Toys-R-Us. I will keep trying and report again later.
mode1 is offline Find More Posts by mode1
Old Jan 17, 2004, 09:10 PM
Morristown,TN
Joined Oct 2003
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mode1
Sad news folks. I have the first pre-production model for testing. The inventor named it the OGEL 49.
I am having a hard time getting it to run more than a few seconds at a time. I have tried several different glow plugs. The best so far is the OS type "F". I started with 10% nitro and worked my way up to stronger blends trying to get it to run better.
I broke the first prop but found an inexpensive replacement at Toys-R-Us. I will keep trying and report again later.

Dude one word:HILARIOUS, now 3 word:VERY VERY FUNNY
glowpwer flyer is offline Find More Posts by glowpwer flyer
Old Jan 18, 2004, 03:50 AM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
9,911 Posts
Quote:

We've had some good results with South Utopian Lindseed oil and Nitro in a 60/40 mix
Up&Away is online now Find More Posts by Up&Away
Old Jan 18, 2004, 05:41 AM
-=Futaba RuLEz=-
Netanya, Israel
Joined Sep 2002
889 Posts
Hi mode1

What plane do you have it on? Which prop did you choose for it? Here we have no problem with even 5% mixtures. He (anonim, the designer) recomends a 4-bump flat plug, but I used a 4-bump thick plug, and doubled the RPM. Try these and let us know. If you experiance any further issues, you might have to send the engine to us for testing. Also, try playing with the fuel injector valve. I've found that if you turn the spiked wheel (Inter-prompansational thumpurtemprature inverter) about 3 clicks up, you get beter results. Of course, this all depends on your subjectional anti-plorespetien's floresintisity.

Here are the test result of yesterday's bench test:

EDS: | PFMB: | TCMTS:
345.9 | A745 | 742
976.23| G256.3 | 634
63.7 | G452 | 9782
6753.356 | E985 | 55
985.46 | C652 | 764+

I think the results speak for themselfs...
Old Jan 18, 2004, 06:31 AM
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
9,911 Posts
Uh, I think you have a misprint there T_Predator. That last bench test came out 985.46 | C652 | 764- not 764+
Old Jan 18, 2004, 09:02 AM
-=Futaba RuLEz=-
Netanya, Israel
Joined Sep 2002
889 Posts
Ugh, your right... Silly me... Sorry, my hand is tired after that bench test....
Old Jan 18, 2004, 12:49 PM
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
9,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by t_predator90
Ugh, your right... Silly me... Sorry, my hand is tired after that bench test....
You shouldn't wind those rubber bands so hard...
Old Jan 19, 2004, 02:16 AM
Southwest Missouri
Joined Oct 2002
1,354 Posts
Ogel 49 test update:
Much better luck today! The carb intake hole was never drilled out! I reemed it out with a #8 fingernail file. Also, the muffler outlet hole was small so I doubled the size.

For fuel, I have been useing Armorall. Really improved the performance. Also, the outside casting looks a lot better now.

The most RPM obtained so far is 16revs-per-minute obtained by freewheeling in the wind on my patio.

I plan on adding a pressure tap to the muffler in the new future.

More test data coming soon.
mode1 is offline Find More Posts by mode1
Old Jan 19, 2004, 02:34 AM
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
9,911 Posts
Quote:
For fuel, I have been useing Armorall.
Armorall! You have been experimenting! Just make sure your levels of subjectional anti-plorespetien's floresintisity stay within the accepted levels. Too much sediment could alter the ultra-physoplasty of the basic inner-molecular disco-mirror-ball.
Old Jan 19, 2004, 07:13 AM
North-East England
Joined Mar 2002
3,397 Posts
Just a thought - if you remove the left handed oojah sprocket and replace it with two super mangelworzles with right handed gigglepin drivers, you will lose a further 122gm and improve the aspiration by at least 16%. THis should increase the power to 27cubic roubles per fathom.

What are you waiting for?

Get on with it!

Tony

(ps: I like the inverted dimples on the prop - was that derived from golf-ball technology?)
Tony Oliver is offline Find More Posts by Tony Oliver
Old Jan 19, 2004, 07:22 AM
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
9,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tonyo
I like the inverted dimples on the prop - was that derived from golf-ball technology?
Shhh. That's still part of a top secret design from NASA. It is based on the same theory that gives those little air disturbingy thingamajingies on airline wings.
Old Jan 19, 2004, 07:24 AM
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
9,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tonyo
if you remove the left handed oojah sprocket and replace it with two super mangelworzles with right handed gigglepin drivers,
You can't. You will have problems with the 70's mirorred disco ball otherwise.
Closed Thread