SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 22, 2015, 07:33 AM
Joined Oct 2014
699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondM View Post
Does anybody fly with a Deviated Devo 10?
If so how to assign a switch to the two different flight modes?
These threads on the Deviation website have all you need, and more:

http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/mod...nd-quad-models
http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/mod...rizon?start=40

On the first thread, look at the second post. There is a link there to a model file that does it all. But using both threads, you can see how different things can be represented in a model file. For example, IIRC, flight mode is set on channel 5, so you set up a mix that depends on whatever switch you want to use.
tedbyers is online now Find More Posts by tedbyers
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2015, 07:41 AM
Australia, VIC, Morwell
Joined Dec 2014
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfirkin View Post
No worries,

I only have the one NQX that I hardly fly anymore.

But I will hang on to it as a spare. Thanks for the warning
New charger arrived and is working well. That last battery was binned. Has anyone else heard of a battery killing two USB chargers?
Lycan Animal is online now Find More Posts by Lycan Animal
Old Mar 24, 2015, 08:36 AM
Multitotor Pilot/Web Designer
United States, MI, Cadillac
Joined Apr 2011
1,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedbyers View Post
These threads on the Deviation website have all you need, and more:

http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/mod...nd-quad-models
http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/mod...rizon?start=40

On the first thread, look at the second post. There is a link there to a model file that does it all. But using both threads, you can see how different things can be represented in a model file. For example, IIRC, flight mode is set on channel 5, so you set up a mix that depends on whatever switch you want to use.
Super answer , thanks!
RaymondM is online now Find More Posts by RaymondM
Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM
Not from DS9
USA, WI, Hobart
Joined Feb 2011
21 Posts
I have a question about the motors. My nano is just 2 weeks old and less than an hour flight time with no hard crashes. I noticed that one of the motors (ccw) is now making a different noise and stops 50% faster than the other 3. It was fine last night with only 1 flight (I always let the motors have a rest after each flight) but today it started the problem. Is it normal for these motors to not last more than an hour (or basically 12 flights)?

I do know that motors will only last so long but only an hour seems a bit to short to me.
Quark71 is offline Find More Posts by Quark71
Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM
United States, NC, Avon
Joined Sep 2012
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark71 View Post
I have a question about the motors. My nano is just 2 weeks old and less than an hour flight time with no hard crashes. I noticed that one of the motors (ccw) is now making a different noise and stops 50% faster than the other 3. It was fine last night with only 1 flight (I always let the motors have a rest after each flight) but today it started the problem. Is it normal for these motors to not last more than an hour (or basically 12 flights)?

I do know that motors will only last so long but only an hour seems a bit to short to me.
Have you checked to see if there is any dog hair, fuzz, or similar wrapped around the shaft? If so, remove it with tweezers.

I own a Golden Retriever.....
robschonk is online now Find More Posts by robschonk
Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM
Not from DS9
USA, WI, Hobart
Joined Feb 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robschonk View Post
Have you checked to see if there is any dog hair, fuzz, or similar wrapped around the shaft? If so, remove it with tweezers.

I own a Golden Retriever.....
Yes I have and that is not the problem. I actually check after each flight because of cats in the house.
Quark71 is offline Find More Posts by Quark71
Old Today, 03:22 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,037 Posts
Quote:
Yes I have and that is not the problem. I actually check after each flight because of cats in the house.
Well there's your problem. You need a big dumb, friendly, vocal , all play, all the time, drive ya nuts, Golden retriever to "occupy' the cats.

My first QX had spastic motors so I replaced them all "at the same time" with new OEM motors and it has been great ever since,
A Rdnek is online now Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Today, 03:39 AM
Australia, VIC, Morwell
Joined Dec 2014
254 Posts
Quote:
I have just one cat but she sheds hair like a Yeti. I know your pain. Checking under props after every flight
Lycan Animal is online now Find More Posts by Lycan Animal
Old Today, 05:47 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,304 Posts
If you need to replace motors, the ones Benedikt sells are much better and not any more money:

Replacement motors $22 http://micro-motor-warehouse.com/products/cl-0615-11 US warehouse
These are considered a direct replacement while others that he sells are "souped up", so to speak. Another thing is he sells motors that have a different motor can diameter and they will not fit a nano stock frame. Not only will they not fit the frame, but depending on which ones you buy, the FC board can't handle them either.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Today, 08:09 AM
Quads' Hobbyist
Honduras, Bay Islands, West Bay
Joined Dec 2014
69 Posts
Did you try changing the prop? I have once replaced a noisy motor only to find out it was the propeller instead . And after having gone through several propellers change (I clipped off the prop guards) I realized that most of the time I can bend the faulty prop back into its original shape, instead of replacing it.
Pakal is online now Find More Posts by Pakal
Old Today, 08:54 AM
What goes up must come down
United States, NH, Rochester
Joined May 2014
578 Posts
Quote:

Try moving the prop to the other motor with the same rotation direction see if noise moves with it or just change out prop to test ( watch rotation )

B.P.
Bush Pusher is online now Find More Posts by Bush Pusher