SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 22, 2015, 07:33 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2014
699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondM View Post
Does anybody fly with a Deviated Devo 10?
If so how to assign a switch to the two different flight modes?
These threads on the Deviation website have all you need, and more:

http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/mod...nd-quad-models
http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/mod...rizon?start=40

On the first thread, look at the second post. There is a link there to a model file that does it all. But using both threads, you can see how different things can be represented in a model file. For example, IIRC, flight mode is set on channel 5, so you set up a mix that depends on whatever switch you want to use.
tedbyers is online now Find More Posts by tedbyers
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2015, 07:41 AM
Registered User
Lycan Animal's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Morwell
Joined Dec 2014
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfirkin View Post
No worries,

I only have the one NQX that I hardly fly anymore.

But I will hang on to it as a spare. Thanks for the warning
New charger arrived and is working well. That last battery was binned. Has anyone else heard of a battery killing two USB chargers?
Lycan Animal is online now Find More Posts by Lycan Animal
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2015, 08:36 AM
Multitotor Pilot/Web Designer
RaymondM's Avatar
United States, MI, Cadillac
Joined Apr 2011
1,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedbyers View Post
These threads on the Deviation website have all you need, and more:

http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/mod...nd-quad-models
http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/mod...rizon?start=40

On the first thread, look at the second post. There is a link there to a model file that does it all. But using both threads, you can see how different things can be represented in a model file. For example, IIRC, flight mode is set on channel 5, so you set up a mix that depends on whatever switch you want to use.
Super answer , thanks!
RaymondM is online now Find More Posts by RaymondM
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM
Not from DS9
USA, WI, Hobart
Joined Feb 2011
21 Posts
I have a question about the motors. My nano is just 2 weeks old and less than an hour flight time with no hard crashes. I noticed that one of the motors (ccw) is now making a different noise and stops 50% faster than the other 3. It was fine last night with only 1 flight (I always let the motors have a rest after each flight) but today it started the problem. Is it normal for these motors to not last more than an hour (or basically 12 flights)?

I do know that motors will only last so long but only an hour seems a bit to short to me.
Quark71 is offline Find More Posts by Quark71
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM
Registered User
robschonk's Avatar
United States, NC, Avon
Joined Sep 2012
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark71 View Post
I have a question about the motors. My nano is just 2 weeks old and less than an hour flight time with no hard crashes. I noticed that one of the motors (ccw) is now making a different noise and stops 50% faster than the other 3. It was fine last night with only 1 flight (I always let the motors have a rest after each flight) but today it started the problem. Is it normal for these motors to not last more than an hour (or basically 12 flights)?

I do know that motors will only last so long but only an hour seems a bit to short to me.
Have you checked to see if there is any dog hair, fuzz, or similar wrapped around the shaft? If so, remove it with tweezers.

I own a Golden Retriever.....
robschonk is online now Find More Posts by robschonk
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM
Not from DS9
USA, WI, Hobart
Joined Feb 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robschonk View Post
Have you checked to see if there is any dog hair, fuzz, or similar wrapped around the shaft? If so, remove it with tweezers.

I own a Golden Retriever.....
Yes I have and that is not the problem. I actually check after each flight because of cats in the house.
Quark71 is offline Find More Posts by Quark71
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:22 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
A Rdnek's Avatar
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark71 View Post
Yes I have and that is not the problem. I actually check after each flight because of cats in the house.
Well there's your problem. You need a big dumb, friendly, vocal , all play, all the time, drive ya nuts, Golden retriever to "occupy' the cats.

My first QX had spastic motors so I replaced them all "at the same time" with new OEM motors and it has been great ever since,
A Rdnek is online now Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:39 AM
Registered User
Lycan Animal's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Morwell
Joined Dec 2014
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark71 View Post
Yes I have and that is not the problem. I actually check after each flight because of cats in the house.
I have just one cat but she sheds hair like a Yeti. I know your pain. Checking under props after every flight
Lycan Animal is online now Find More Posts by Lycan Animal
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:47 AM
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,304 Posts
If you need to replace motors, the ones Benedikt sells are much better and not any more money:

Replacement motors $22 http://micro-motor-warehouse.com/products/cl-0615-11 US warehouse
These are considered a direct replacement while others that he sells are "souped up", so to speak. Another thing is he sells motors that have a different motor can diameter and they will not fit a nano stock frame. Not only will they not fit the frame, but depending on which ones you buy, the FC board can't handle them either.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:09 AM
Quads' Hobbyist
Honduras, Bay Islands, West Bay
Joined Dec 2014
69 Posts
Did you try changing the prop? I have once replaced a noisy motor only to find out it was the propeller instead . And after having gone through several propellers change (I clipped off the prop guards) I realized that most of the time I can bend the faulty prop back into its original shape, instead of replacing it.
Pakal is online now Find More Posts by Pakal
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:54 AM
What goes up must come down
Bush Pusher's Avatar
United States, NH, Rochester
Joined May 2014
578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark71 View Post
I have a question about the motors. My nano is just 2 weeks old and less than an hour flight time with no hard crashes. I noticed that one of the motors (ccw) is now making a different noise and stops 50% faster than the other 3. It was fine last night with only 1 flight (I always let the motors have a rest after each flight) but today it started the problem. Is it normal for these motors to not last more than an hour (or basically 12 flights)?

I do know that motors will only last so long but only an hour seems a bit to short to me.
Try moving the prop to the other motor with the same rotation direction see if noise moves with it or just change out prop to test ( watch rotation )

B.P.
Bush Pusher is online now Find More Posts by Bush Pusher
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Ethos QX 75 Nano-Micro RTF Quadcopter, Red - $100+ worth of extra parts included vcantrell Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 3 Dec 20, 2014 06:46 PM
For Sale New Unopened Blade Nano GeicoGecko Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 4 Dec 16, 2014 07:23 PM
Discussion Ares Ethos QX 75 Nano-Micro RTF Quadcopter Jason M Mini Multirotors 269 Sep 26, 2014 07:27 AM
Sold Getting out sale.. Blade Nano CPX Brushless + Extras and 10 Brand New Batteries UGT10 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Apr 08, 2013 02:25 AM
Brand new Great Planes F86 Sabre EDF mini jet for Blade Nano Cpx or Tricopter aviator422 Non R/C Items (FS/W) 0 Mar 29, 2013 02:37 AM