Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:59 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Discussion
hobbyking MultiWii MicroWii ATmega32U4 Flight Controller USB/BARO/ACC/MAG

new board from hobbyking again but this time 10dof with very nice sensors

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...O_ACC_MAG.html

The MicroWii is a complete multi-rotor flight controller. It is based on the ATmega32U4, which is the processor of the Arduino Leonardo. The MicroWii incorporates an MPU-6050 chip, which is a combined gyro and accelerometer plus a precise MS5611 barometer and HMC5883L magnetometer.

This is the ultimate solution for powerful flight performance with your multi-rotor project. The possibilities are endless with the MicroWii, only limited by your imagination!

Features:
• USB on chip (no FTDI or UART needed)
• Free serial port (it's possible to use a DSM2 satellite together with the GUI)
• 6 receiver inputs
• 6 high resolution (11-bit) PWM outputs
• Supports all configs up to OKTO with cam-stab support
• 2.5kB RAM
• ATmega32U4 based with Leonardo Bootloader
• 10DOF sensor array
• MPU-6050 (GYRO/ACC)
• HMC-5883L (MAG)
• MS5611-01BA03 (BARO)
• Bluetooth/GPS connector (on bottom; only GPS or DSM2 satellite can be used at one time since the 32U4 only has one UART)

Specs:
Main chip: ATmega32U4
CPU speed: 16MHz
Flash size: 32kB (3.3kB are taken by the Bootloader)
Input: 6 x high-res RX inputs (2 AUX channels)
Output: 6~8 motor outputs (motor 1-6 are 11-bit PWM)
Dimension: 50x50x16mm
Weight: 14g

PRODUCT ID: 9387000008
neobot is online now Find More Posts by neobot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:00 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
reserved
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:47 AM
:)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
3,237 Posts
http://flyduino.net/MicroWii-ATmega3...ed-MultiWii-FC
Soma is offline Find More Posts by Soma
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:52 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
the souce?
Last edited by neobot; Jan 21, 2013 at 06:52 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:27 AM
Germany
Joined Mar 2011
57 Posts
yap thats the source!
x4FF3 is offline Find More Posts by x4FF3
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:05 AM
Joined Dec 2010
228 Posts
.. there was a reason why flyduino dosent sells the real MicroWii anymore...
all MWC devs after 2.1 (these with the new baro code) don't fits to the atmega32u4's flash size with10dof. and so will MWC 2.2 ...
and that without IēC GPS

you see .. thay dont even know what thay are doing .. just stupid cloning.

regards

Felix
juuuut is online now Find More Posts by juuuut
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:55 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
really glad i didn't hit the buy button now
Old Oct 24, 2013, 03:52 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Oct 2013
22 Posts
The flyduino.net doesn't work anymore... What is the reason for not getting one of these boards? I've got one, and am trying to get MultiWii 2.2 working on it...
lagreca is offline Find More Posts by lagreca
Old Nov 07, 2013, 08:23 AM
Gravity: it's the law
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined May 2011
63 Posts
Hi
I have been trying to set up this board for a future Quad, and there are either missing information or a mistake on the HK instructions I would like to point out, maybe will help others:

- If you are going to use a regular RX, DO NOT uncomment #define A32U4ALLPINS. That will mess up the RX pin order on the board.

- You will need to uncomment #define RCAUX2PIND17 if you plan on using Aux2, which will probably be needed in most cases if you want to activate / deactivate BARO, for example.

- In case you plan on using a satellite receiver, it won't work in this board with MultiWii version 2.2. Once all sensors are activated you cannot activate #define SPEKTRUM 1024 (or 2048), there is not enough memory for all. It will work with MW 2.1, but you loose the nice new features of 2.2; it will also work with MW 2.3 candidate, which has a different code structure and saves a lot of memory.
Wally_in_NC is offline Find More Posts by Wally_in_NC
Old Nov 07, 2013, 11:52 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Oct 2013
22 Posts
Wally_in_NC: Thanks for the info.

I finally figured out the instructions from HobbyKing was wrong about the A32U4ALLPINS. Once I commented it back out it started working correctly.

I found that AUX2 define last night while setting it up.

I have not tried a satellite receiver yet, but glad to know it will be possible with 2.3.
lagreca is offline Find More Posts by lagreca
Old Jan 17, 2014, 02:38 PM
Gravity: it's the law
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined May 2011
63 Posts
I am trying to install a buzzer, does anybody know the pin to connect it? I tried TXO, as indicated in some places, it buzzes constantly, whether I uncomment #define BUZZER or not. I tried the options to move to pin D8, but I realized I have no idea where D8 is. I tried remapping it to A2, but I get nothing connecting the buzzer to A2.
I am trying with the buzzer that comes with the KK2 board. It works, since it buzzes if I connect to VCC and ground anywhere (or to TXO and GND)
Thanks
Wally_in_NC is offline Find More Posts by Wally_in_NC
Old Jun 27, 2014, 07:04 AM
Joined Mar 2007
19 Posts
Microwii Barometer accuracy fix

This board have very good barometer sensor, but a hardware design of FC is not perfect. If you, after covering barometer sensor from direct sunlight and wind, still experiencing unstable BARO output, then this fix will gradually improve barometer stability.
My barometer output varries from -1 to 1 m on the MultiWIiConf before that fix.

So, we need to add additional capacitor to the 3.3V line, as close as possible to the barometer sensor (see the picture, capacitor in yellow color).

Capacitor can by any of 1 or 2.2 uf, rated at least 6.3V. It can be polar or nonpolar cap. If you have a polar capacitor, then plus pin will be on the left side (on the picture).

After this fix the barometer output vary only from -0.25 to 0.25 max (at least for me) and I got stable ALT HOLD.
nppc is online now Find More Posts by nppc