Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:47 AM
Australia, VIC, Seaford
Joined Apr 2012
19 Posts
Help!
Toilet bowl effect

Hi all , I have a couple of x350a's . my first one has had many a learning experience , the new one comes out on calm days . Anyway I like to keep the first one going as a hack and after a good hit into , surprisingly enough a toilet block at my local park I've done an extensive rebuild , ( shafts and whole top end ) ever since though when hovering it seems to be suffering what ive heard refered to as the TBE seeming to want to move in a circle while the nose stays in the same orientation , sort of like a circular pendulum under the rotors . Has anyone had this happen to them and even better know where the problems coming from . Any help would be much appreciated . Thanks Shane.
shanes heli is offline Find More Posts by shanes heli
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:43 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,356 Posts
How close to the ground were you. Sometimes that happens when you are in ground effect. Fly at 2 feet or higher and it may be smoother and easier to hold in one location.
RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:21 AM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
Can't identify that model - I assume it's a coax?

May be bent flybar. May be bent main shaft. Since you replaced all that stuff I'd guess the ball links on the flybar are tight or the flybar is binding where it pivots. Do the ball links have a ridge or ring or that goes around them? If so try to remove it (i just scraped the ridge off mine with an xacto knife).

Kinda frowned on to post the same question in multiple forums.
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:20 AM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
I would check your flybar, TBE is usually caused by a tight flybar. If you loosen it you should be fine.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:20 AM
Joined Dec 2007
6,528 Posts
TBE on flybar coaxial is usually coming from a bent main shaft or flybar, or more commonly the flybar or its linkages are binding. All linkages and the flybar must be able to move around very easily. Also makes sure the lower blade grips are not binding and free to move with swash input.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted