HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 10:44 PM
RC Adddict
150 mile house B.C. Canada
Joined Jan 2010
4,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrack View Post
So just use an inverter and hook it up to a 3S 5100 for example?
Quote:
Need some help from the geniuses on here.
Have a lightbridge. Want an HDMI monitor to hook up to it that I can take with easily and have a lipo for.
checked a bunch today that had either 14v or 19v external power supplies.
Can I feed 12 to the 14 and be ok, or should I go to a 4S pack and am I okay at 16 with 14 as the draw?
What do you guys suggest. Have 3S and 4S packs.
Looks like BC has you covered. Once i move up to a light bridge an inverter and one of those 12v powerpacks for boosting your vehicle is what I was going to use. Bonus is you can charge your lipos off the owner pack as well.

I want a nice high def tv but got to make sure it works well out in the sun unlike my PC screens and iPad

3drobotics is hoping to have competition for the light bridge in the next little while apparently.
Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM
The Fixer
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Jan 2009
3,634 Posts
You'll both be able to fly using both 1258 and 1280. they are far enough apart to work. Just dont have one vtx beside the other's rx. A fm video signal needs only 18 mhz bandwidth.
Martin Y is offline Find More Posts by Martin Y
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flyfly Fox Glider
Old Yesterday, 10:52 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
4,995 Posts
I read one the 'Lab that we might get stepped on if one plane is a lot further away than the other one though.
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM
The Fixer
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Jan 2009
3,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
I read one the 'Lab that we might get stepped on if one plane is a lot further away than the other one though.
Once your both a couple of hundred meters you should be ok. Unless one is way lower in power. If one aircraft is 200 meters away from the gs's and the other 20 then yea it can bleed over to the others rx.
would be even better if we can find passband filters for each channels we fly, but were stuck using
comtech rx's.
Martin Y is offline Find More Posts by Martin Y
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Martin Y; Yesterday at 11:05 PM.
Old Today, 12:38 AM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
yeah std inverter for auto battery on a big 3S lipo would work great if you can't find a DC LEDTV.

But if it says it runs on 16-18V, then just use a 4S battery, no inverter, no regulator.
Ones I found were 14V and 19V.
Shadrack is online now Find More Posts by Shadrack
Old Today, 12:41 AM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfor View Post
Looks like BC has you covered. Once i move up to a light bridge an inverter and one of those 12v powerpacks for boosting your vehicle is what I was going to use. Bonus is you can charge your lipos off the owner pack as well.

I want a nice high def tv but got to make sure it works well out in the sun unlike my PC screens and iPad

3drobotics is hoping to have competition for the light bridge in the next little while apparently.
I was so impressed tonight. Some of the DJI stuff is not for the faint of heart. Guys in here no problem but you move from one piece of software to map, one to check direction, etc. Wouldn't wish the A2 and full DJI system on a rookie.
Made my brain hurt a few times but to have the video from the BMPCC come out perfect tonight, and have my son on the operator controls was pretty neat.
The product is so well made though, across the board.
Now just have to get into color grading.
Yay.
Shadrack is online now Find More Posts by Shadrack
Old Today, 02:05 AM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
4,995 Posts
Quote:
Ones I found were 14V and 19V.
so the 14 volt one should be fine with 4S, which runs 14.8V to 16.8V. Might want 5S for the 19 volt one. Doubt they are fussy about voltage, though if you want to be sure, put a buck converter (aka regulator) on it like this one: (has a nifty in/out voltmeter to make life even easier and monitor your battery too) http://www.ebay.ca/itm/DC-DC-Buck-St...c163994&_uhb=1 though this might be barely enough amps to handle a large LED, would be fine for a small one I think (2amps max)

Can't always be sure about voltage. My Boscam vRx can't be trusted over 12.5 volts. I was going to run my jump-pack into the ground station but the lead acid battery is like 14.5V when its charged, so that is a no go without regulator.

I just put a $0.99 buck converter in my GS to run 5V into my DVR a few minutes ago
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Last edited by BCSaltchucker; Today at 02:11 AM.
Old Today, 02:32 AM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Sydenham
Joined Jan 2012
6,414 Posts
this ones a good one also http://www.ebay.ca/itm/400515865193

i've been getting things from hong kong faster than china lately 5-10 days over china's 15-30

I really like these ones tho
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/141352971191
irun4fundotca is offline Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 05:30 AM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,948 Posts
BC, the really Important part is that you don't land near each others ground stations. Land a couple hundred feet away and unplug the vtx out there before bringing it back.
Tracks is online now Find More Posts by Tracks
Old Today, 08:59 AM
Canada, BC, Kamloops
Joined Jan 2011
163 Posts
The Selfie is Dead introducing the Dronie !

Have you guys seen this one...pretty funny...what next?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/sn...he-dronie.html
HuskyDude is online now Find More Posts by HuskyDude