HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2014, 08:32 AM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,203 Posts
It always amazes me how the most talented always have to develop the thickest skin. It's a shame, really. Some people feel better about themselves when they take even an insignificant poke at those that achieve to a level they will never realize. I'm sure Jim has had to live with a lot more than this at times, but when people are rude when defining what rude is, they just need to be dismissed.

Joe's videos are part of what keeps us in the hobby in the first place, regardless of the forum or the brand of planes we fly, and anyone involved either as their pastime, or professionally, should be thankful for people with Joe's skills. Period.
Aeroplayin is online now Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2014, 08:52 AM
I can't fly
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2006
1,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
And to the few people who are being vocal on another site about how rude it was for Joe to post that video. It wasn’t Joe. It was me. I used his account by accident. And your comments have been seen. Sadly I must say.
? Hmm maybe need to get to other sites more as I missed this.

Even if Joe did post it, what is rude about it? I like seeing him fly and it gives me goals to shoot for.
camoy is offline Find More Posts by camoy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bavarian Cortex how to videos
Old Jun 12, 2014, 09:06 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,570 Posts
Quote:
And to the few people who are being vocal on another site about how rude it was for Joe to post that video. It wasn’t Joe. It was me. I used his account by accident. And your comments have been seen. Sadly I must say.
maybe i missed something? What was rude about that video? I thought it was out this world amazing flying.
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Jun 12, 2014, 09:52 AM
StevieT.
United States, NC, Cary
Joined Apr 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
It has been flown by lots of people. Been borrowed for weeks at a time. It's Joe’s favorite and has countless flights on it
He prefers it over the 92?
Randino is offline Find More Posts by Randino
Old Jun 12, 2014, 12:41 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStermer View Post
i dont see how it could be rude for somebody to post their own videos? just ignore them they are just jealous of joes amazing skill. Awsome video by the way
Well said and sums it up. Please bring back the videos with the transmitter in view.
Ohio AV8TOR is online now Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Jun 13, 2014, 09:34 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,216 Posts
Quote:
Please tell us the other site.
djmoose is online now Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:04 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmoose View Post
Please tell us the other site.
Facebook. I believe all comments have been deleted now.

By the way, absolutely amazing flying in that video, Joe! You're a madman on the sticks!
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Jun 15, 2014, 07:07 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
I don't always go to the field... but when I do...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqp2TTgMqRk

--Tom K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap23244 View Post
is the silver version hard to see in the air.? looks like it might disappear
thanks
The silver shows up great in the air! Even on cloudy days the black straight lines on the silver with the red wingtips provide great contrast and it shows up really well.

-Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Old Jun 15, 2014, 07:10 PM
I live my life 8oz at a time..
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,440 Posts
ordered, subscribed, and very happy...
arnav is online now Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 15, 2014, 09:30 PM
United States, IL, Granite City
Joined Dec 2013
77 Posts
Watch Joe Smith fly this at XFC and he flew it just like in the video so much cooler in person
JStermer is offline Find More Posts by JStermer
Old Jun 16, 2014, 03:53 AM
Jeddah
Joined Feb 2011
59 Posts
Did the reed valve mod on the DLE35RA and things are getting better after that. Being a 3D beginner, a better throttle response was very helping. It was a bit too windy for my skill level, but I did have a good time with it.

3dhs Edge 74" (3 min 18 sec)
samlikespad is offline Find More Posts by samlikespad
Old Jun 16, 2014, 09:59 AM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
ordered, subscribed, and very happy...
You bought the 74!? Will go gas or electric this time?
Vince_TT is offline Find More Posts by Vince_TT
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:26 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,440 Posts
I did! Still loving the Gas thing, so going gas on this one as well. The DLE-20RA has been really good to me. The learning curve was really not bad at all for a gas noob like me. Never had the the motor quit on me (yet). Was complete plug and play. Don't even own a starter. Hopefully, the DLE-3RA will be good to me as well.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:14 AM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
I did! Still loving the Gas thing, so going gas on this one as well. The DLE-20RA has been really good to me. The learning curve was really not bad at all for a gas noob like me. Never had the the motor quit on me (yet). Was complete plug and play. Don't even own a starter. Hopefully, the DLE-3RA will be good to me as well.
Lucky you! The last time I fired up a gas RC motor was 30 years ago.
Why 30cc instead of going bigger this time?
Vince_TT is offline Find More Posts by Vince_TT
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:57 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,440 Posts
Then do it! You will not regret it... I am sure a lot has changed since then... It is really a blast. I end up getting more than double the air time with gas. Not because I don't have enough batteries to last but becuase I realized it is merely the landing/takeoff/batteries swap/getting back in the line that takes time. So for the 3 hours I get to fly each week, and the 8 to 10 flights I can squeeze during that time I double (or more) the amount of time I am in the air.

The 30CC size was mostly a cost factor. Used 3dhs/EF planes never come up for sale down here. It sucks becuase I see 50cc ones in the classifieds for $900 or so. Instead I end-up paying $1300+ for a new 30CC. I do use 50cc batts/IBEC/Servos, and the 50cc engines pretty much cost the same as the 35CC so it is really the difference in the Frame (which cost about double?).
RCG Plus Member