Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 30, 2010, 03:46 AM
Joined Nov 2006
1,067 Posts
Anyone else notice the Yellow No.809 looks like an S107 clone? you can notice slight differences in the flybar/metal side plates and propeller mounting areas (those are just the parts you can see from the photo). The canopy looks like a carbon copy however.
Kurpal is offline Find More Posts by Kurpal
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2010, 04:19 AM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurpal View Post
Anyone else notice the Yellow No.809 looks like an S107 clone? you can notice slight differences in the flybar/metal side plates and propeller mounting areas (those are just the parts you can see from the photo). The canopy looks like a carbon copy however.
The canopy does look very similar to the S107 ... but the rest of the heli looks like something else ... almost like a 9808 in a way, but not exactly. It's probably made of all the left over parts from 4 different helis .... LOL. Should be interesting for $15.30 to the door.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Dec 30, 2010, 08:19 AM
Boothwyn, PA
Joined Dec 2010
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
nope, I have no idea where is "Boothwyn, I'm in SoCal. Plus I ordered mine on 12/22
That's me in Boothwyn Pa
zeros is offline Find More Posts by zeros
Old Dec 30, 2010, 08:36 AM
Oak Harbor,WA
Joined Dec 2010
12 Posts
Bummer! wish i would have seen this thread before i payed $45 for this little guy in some crappy mall!

http://www.bestofferbuy.com/swift-3c...etjvqkk5np8go1

o well now im a little smarter and it turned out to be an awesome first helicopter.
joeywasworth is offline Find More Posts by joeywasworth
Old Dec 30, 2010, 11:45 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:

Here is a better pic of that 809 and it looks like the rear motor is beefier than s107 so it should give it some faster flight, i think i am gonna finally pull the trigger on this one today, too bad its not the orange version for a change of colors but 180mah lipo and those cool black blades and $15 and change to the door, cant say no

http://www.rctoys-cn.net/ehibition/e...sp?pro_id=4598
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Dec 30, 2010, 12:47 PM
Joined Nov 2002
178 Posts
Have you noticed the metal blade holders? It will be interesting what actually comes with 'em when they get here. At this price I ordered 2. Good fodder for possible fuselage swaps!
Capn Crunchie is offline Find More Posts by Capn Crunchie
Old Dec 30, 2010, 01:42 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
In that graphic it's showing multicolored LEDs like the ones on my JXD 335. Yea, I am anxious to hear what you guys think of that 809. Maybe this is a "sleeper", and will turn out to be a super good flying heli.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
Here is a better pic of that 809 and it looks like the rear motor is beefier than s107 so it should give it some faster flight, i think i am gonna finally pull the trigger on this one today, too bad its not the orange version for a change of colors but 180mah lipo and those cool black blades and $15 and change to the door, cant say no

edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
Old Dec 30, 2010, 02:06 PM
Joined Nov 2006
1,067 Posts
I bet a lot of these helis have parts made in the same factories. I cannot imagine 2 different factories make exactly the same canopy. I also noticed t hat Tx that comes with the 809 looks like a variant of the one that ships with the Pheonix 6010.

The box/packaging also looks identical other than the printing of Numen rather than Syma.
Kurpal is offline Find More Posts by Kurpal
Old Dec 30, 2010, 02:17 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
it should make for a good mod with a piccoz prop, just hoping its less than 35 g in weight, its a good idea to order two for parts sake but i think one will be enough
Old Dec 30, 2010, 02:21 PM
Joined Mar 2004
474 Posts
Quote:
I bet a lot of these helis have parts made in the same factories. I cannot imagine 2 different factories make exactly the same canopy. I also noticed t hat Tx that comes with the 809 looks like a variant of the one that ships with the Pheonix 6010.
Yes, even the box look very similar to the S107G R5 box I recently received.

Really like the larger tail motor, and the tail rotor seem to have more pitch.
Notice the main blades are only 180mm instead of 190mm (S107).

Already ordered two, trying to restrain myself from ordering more
uabass is offline Find More Posts by uabass
Old Dec 30, 2010, 02:44 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
... i think i am gonna finally pull the trigger on this one today, too bad its not the orange version for a change of colors but 180mah lipo and those cool black blades and $15 and change to the door, cant say no

It does look interesting ... obviously a S107 look a like without being a direct knock-off or clone. The tail motor does look beefy ... maybe this will fly better than a S107.

Better do it fast ... note, if SNAP10 doesn't work try the other two discount codes: BOB10 or YEAR10. I used SNAP10 when I got the Phoenix, and it remembered that it was used once and gave me a message I could only use it once.

BTW - when I clicked the link my SpySweeper anit-spyware blocked something on that site saying it is tagged for known spyware. I've had this happen a few times while linking to these Asian websites.
Last edited by Hayabusa Heli; Dec 30, 2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 04:00 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
i was just about to place the order but their site is down so will have to wait for china to wake up its still early morning hours for them.. and this 809 is nothing like s107 except the canopy, other than that its completely different
Old Dec 30, 2010, 04:05 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
i was just about to place the order but their site is down so will have to wait for china to wake up its still early morning hours for them.. and this 809 is nothing like s107 except the canopy, other than that its completely different
BOB is down? I just brought it up ... working for me.
http://www.bestofferbuy.com/35ch-inf...w-p-68244.html

Yeah, the canopy looks like a carbon copy with "809" where "S107" use to be. Wonder if it has a hole in the nose where the S107 LED would go? Too bad BOB didn't sell the orange one ... looks .

Looks like Seinfeld's neighbor ("Numen") got his own line of helis! ... LOL.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 04:09 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
BOB is down? I just brought it up ... working for me.
http://www.bestofferbuy.com/35ch-inf...w-p-68244.html

Yeah, the canopy looks like a carbon copy with "809" where "S107" use to be. Too bad they didn't have the orange one at BOB.

Looks like Seinfeld's neighbor ("Numen") got his own line of helis! ... LOL.
yea i would luv that orange color as well... are you sure you didnt load it from browser cache cause its not working for me at all in firefox or opera?
Old Dec 30, 2010, 04:47 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
yea i would luv that orange color as well... are you sure you didnt load it from browser cache cause its not working for me at all in firefox or opera?
BOB seems to be working for me ... I can surf all over the site right now in either IE or Firefox.