SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 11, 2013, 08:20 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCrump View Post
You already have a shop dog. You couldn't ask for a better building companion.
Tom-you don't know how much I need that dog today....Someone murdered a 10 year old girl last night, not far from here.
There's no joy in Mudville.

It's beginning to sink in,that the horror's never going to stop.

Anybody ever hear of a model builder killing someone?...me neither.
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:55 AM
Flying Low
United States, VA, Petersburg
Joined Mar 2012
614 Posts
That's a horrible thing to happen. If I was closer I would help you out with builds when you need it but I'm a good 4 hours away. I will be in good old Maryland this weekend though visiting friends and family with my wife.
cbarnes0061 is online now Find More Posts by cbarnes0061
Old Jun 11, 2013, 02:55 PM
United States, MD, Frostburg
Joined Aug 2008
1,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
I have three rooms filled with models in various stages of construction...The building shop has three models in it, and I haven't had a car in my garage for 13 years....

I have no love for these craft-once they are completed and test flown, my attraction is over, and they get sold, or donated to Museums..They aren't museum QUALITY, but they're usually accepted as representative of an aircraft.

I have so many models to build still, and time's running out !
I am right there with you Earl...I often don't even test fly them! I have 4 glow planes that I fly all of the time. All of the others get built and after a couple years, get sold I hope to change that in the near future!
4075aaron is offline Find More Posts by 4075aaron
Old Jun 11, 2013, 04:38 PM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,732 Posts
Mine don't seem to get flown, or sold. They get stored in my shop and trailer.

A couple years ago, I did sell 3 or 4, but they were nothing special. I had to make room so that I could store the "good" ones.
TomCrump is offline Find More Posts by TomCrump
Old Jun 11, 2013, 04:48 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,983 Posts
One guy desperately wanted my old Sopwith Pup....had to have it.....It moved to South Carolina, and flew at Joe Nall, but it hasn't flown since '10....even the buyers don't fly them.!

I need HELP ! I just looked longingly at that Bugatti Racer....O.M.G.!

I'm going to modify the 33% into an Xtreme, with the clipped wings and more horsepower....I have a new, / old Sachs 4.2 that'll be an antique soon, if I don't use it....
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 11, 2013, 05:01 PM
wood is good
United States, CA, Marina Del Rey
Joined Jun 2012
1,350 Posts
Quote:
I have three rooms filled with models in various stages of construction...The building shop has three models in it, and I haven't had a car in my garage for 13 years...
Have you seen that TV show "Hoarders" ?
loNslo is offline Find More Posts by loNslo
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:20 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,983 Posts
That doesn't apply to me ! I am NOT a 'Hoarder".....I just like lots of stuff...Who knows, I may need it one day....
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 11, 2013, 08:19 PM
United States, MD, Frostburg
Joined Aug 2008
1,444 Posts
My sister thinks that I am a horder. Thank God my wife does not think that way! Whenever I fear I might be that way, I just watch the tv show and I feel better about myself
4075aaron is offline Find More Posts by 4075aaron
Old Jun 11, 2013, 08:30 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,983 Posts
I agree- you can have some of MY stuff- I gave away a Senior Telemaster today, to an old man who can no longer see his .40 size one..

Now that I have the room.........ha ha ha.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:12 PM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,167 Posts
Quote:
That doesn't apply to me ! I am NOT a 'Hoarder".....I just like lots of stuff...Who knows, I may need it one day....
You are just "stocking up" before all the hoarders get the good stuff
kenh3497 is offline Find More Posts by kenh3497
Old Jun 12, 2013, 07:32 AM
Flying Low
United States, VA, Petersburg
Joined Mar 2012
614 Posts
Quote:
I agree- you can have some of MY stuff- I gave away a Senior Telemaster today, to an old man who can no longer see his .40 size one..

Now that I have the room.........ha ha ha.
It's always good to see people who are willing to help out like that. If it wasn't for one of my flying buddies helping me out big time I probably never would have gotten back into he hobby after a 10 hiatus.
cbarnes0061 is online now Find More Posts by cbarnes0061
Old Jun 12, 2013, 08:03 PM
Joined May 2012
212 Posts
Earl, It's tough to chime in here. I have to admit that I am happy that I've got a personal 1/4 scale agenda but I've a couple of Hostetler plan sets and I can completely appreciate why anyone could build his planes . Like your idea of making it an Extreme Decathlon/clip wing. It's late to add this but I am sorry for the tragedy in your neighborhood. We've had a lot of senseless stuff going on in Pittsburgh. It is saddening and depressing.but I can only say that those of us left should be the best citizens we can be and help. Those that can should help and serve as best we can. It's not that I don't have alternative ideas it just that they are the last resort.

Best Regards and keep building Cliffc
Cliffc is offline Find More Posts by Cliffc
Last edited by Cliffc; Jun 13, 2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 08:32 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,983 Posts
Cliff, and others- thank you for your condolences....Kami was not a relative, she's someone I don't know..
I've just returned from her vigil,trying to help the parents understand that strangers CARE,that we think this is senseless.....
A "person of interest" is a drug addicted 20 something piece of crap,who'll get off with probably attending an addiction clinic while crying he's SORRY !

If I heard what you 'said' , OUR cure would stop his drug addiction,"cold turkey".
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 13, 2013, 08:44 PM
Joined May 2012
212 Posts
10-4, I think you took the hint. Cliffc
Cliffc is offline Find More Posts by Cliffc
Old Aug 03, 2014, 12:26 PM
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Apr 2007
882 Posts
What's the latest here?