HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 30, 2012, 03:24 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,157 Posts
Gee what a great review. Right from the start problems with servos. I know price is lower but its a heli only. Even if you get different sevos they need to be reversed with a programer/ what a f*@# mess. I sure hope Walkrea wakes up to this. Sure big let down as I like this bird[did] till read more of this post.. Great job guys looks like they sure picked right folks to tear this bird apart. Oh well maybe build a quad.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2012, 03:54 PM
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtian3188 View Post
expensive heli with such serious issues. good thing i read these threads first before buying one. can you replace master cp's servos with emax ES08MD?.
I would hardly call this a expensive heli and like others have reported it flys great and the servos are not even close to a deal breaker . Go price what you will have in a trex or gaui in this size .
54885488 is offline Find More Posts by 54885488
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:28 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,163 Posts
Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Anyone?

Hs5055mg and programmer on route

But

Was wondering why couldnt a person reverse servo via programmable tx? Is it because of Walkera electronics or?

Also does this programmer only work in hitec servos?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:44 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
Quote:
Anyone?
Apparently, you can reverse the servos but the gyro still compensates in the same direction. It may be possible to correct this by mounting the receiver upside down.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:53 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,163 Posts
Ok so it is Walkera electronics that are the culprut
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:13 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
Quote:
Ok so it is Walkera electronics that are the culprut
You can change the direction of compensation with the FBL systems on larger helis, This includes the rx2702D. But you cannot do it on smaller cheaper helis. This applies to other brands as well. I don't think they intended or wanted you to use third party servos. Another reason is that it would make the setup much more complicated which is not that good for beginners.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Oct 01, 2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:48 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,163 Posts
Today i used a cheap 5 gram servo and didnt habe to reverse anything
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:25 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Apparently, you can reverse the servos but the gyro still compensates in the same direction. It may be possible to correct this by mounting the receiver upside down.
I can only comment about my Hitec servos, what happened when i initially setup is that i found i had to reverse the pitch, ail, and elev in the transmitter in order for them to move in the correct directions. Afterwards I found that the gyro would correct in the same direction which is very bad. So I reversed the servos AND set the transmitter back to normal and then everything was fine. (i reversed the reverse so to speak)

Now, as on of the previous posters mentioned as this being done on purpose by Walkera....I don't think so, I think it matches what they already have on hand because these are the exact same servos on other models. Also, when you buy more expensive flybarless units they know you may have servos that move in the opposite direction and they give you a way to reverse right in the gyro programming.

If you purchased the Hitec's, the programmer, and some batteries. Yes, you will be pushing your costs up but it's still less than a real flybarless trex. But you get a good flying heli that is MUCH easier and less expensive to repair. Less time on repairs and cheaper repairs is exactly what I need since I still crash a lot more than I'd like. What it boils down to though is do I enjoy flying it and I can say wholeheartedly that this is a fun little chopper and it was well worth the money.....even the money I spent upgrading it. Hopefully I have helped some others since I already know, and listed, what headaches may arise in upgrading.

Happy flying everyone!
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:45 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,284 Posts
I just came from a park just threw a battery through the MasterCP, I tried out a 15t pinion today. I flipped her a couple of times and that went well, I didn't feel any problem with headspeed at all with this config and it's quick enough to be scary to me, i've been flying the little heli's too much, not used to a fast helicopter. I did notice the tail having just the slightest trouble with keeping up but it wasn't bad at all. Just a little wobble from time to time and not the rock solid feel you get from a belt or TT. I'm very happy with this little thing so far. oh, btw, not sure if it's the new servos or what but i'm going to have to turn down the travel on aileron. this thing was ready to do a roll when i was giving it maybe 30%-40% stick and i'm talking serious roll. So i'm definitely going to have to tweak that some. Question for those of you who have lost it, was it because it was far away or was it because of the sun? One thing I didn't have a problem with was seeing it, I also wear sunglasses when the sun is out...it helps tremendously. Not to mention you still look cool after you crash (nobody can see the tears) lol.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:17 AM
WarpQuad, Flip260FPV, etc.
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
I just picked up three more batteries....GensAce 1300mah and they should fit if the dimensions listed are correct. Should give a nice flight time increase. Best thing is it only cost 35.00 shipped
Did you get those gens ace packs in yet? do they fit?

I ordered my mastercp tonight and also ordered six of these turnigy packs which, according to the listed dimensions, are a bit thinner than the gens ace 1300's so I am hoping I will be able to squeeze them in. It would be nice to be able to use the stock battery holder so I hope they fit.
candy76man is online now Find More Posts by candy76man
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:40 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
Did you get those gens ace packs in yet? do they fit?

I ordered my mastercp tonight and also ordered six of these turnigy packs which, according to the listed dimensions, are a bit thinner than the gens ace 1300's so I am hoping I will be able to squeeze them in. It would be nice to be able to use the stock battery holder so I hope they fit.
nope, about 2mm too thick....battery mount could easily be modified to fit them but it would screw with the placement of my brushless esc....just gonna leave well enough alone.....i am quite certain i will find a new home for those batteries in some other project.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:16 AM
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
nope, about 2mm too thick....battery mount could easily be modified to fit them but it would screw with the placement of my brushless esc....just gonna leave well enough alone.....i am quite certain i will find a new home for those batteries in some other project.
hmm, well the nanotechs are about 2mm thinner so hopefully I'll be able to squeeze them in without modification
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:50 AM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,247 Posts
I not sure those 1300 Turnigys will go in there either, they are 22mm thick.
When looking through my battery collection for one which would fit it (I got the BNF version without the battery), I found an RC Smart one that looked perfect. Measured it with calipers, 19.6mm thick all the way along, but, it would not slide more than a short distance into the tray.
The tray was actually distorting a little as it was. So I think 18-19mm maximum thickness to avoid problems.
One of the members posted the internal measurements of the tray a while back... 66mm X 37mm X 19mm (height). You can have a batt longer than 66mm though, as this Turnigy has been used...
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=11901
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:46 AM
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mono View Post
I not sure those 1300 Turnigys will go in there either, they are 22mm thick.
When looking through my battery collection for one which would fit it (I got the BNF version without the battery), I found an RC Smart one that looked perfect. Measured it with calipers, 19.6mm thick all the way along, but, it would not slide more than a short distance into the tray.
The tray was actually distorting a little as it was. So I think 18-19mm maximum thickness to avoid problems.
One of the members posted the internal measurements of the tray a while back... 66mm X 37mm X 19mm (height). You can have a batt longer than 66mm though, as this Turnigy has been used...
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=11901
yeah I saw those measurements and knew I was rolling the dice with the 1300 mah packs but I really want that extra minute or two of run time per pack...Most of my other heli's have been modded to fit larger packs so this one will be no different I guess
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:00 AM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,247 Posts
If you're fine with modding the tray, then it's all good.
I was disappointed my battery would not fit, as it's a 1450mah, but I'm not going to hack the heli just for a couple of batteries I've had for about 4 years
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono