SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 19, 2012, 01:37 PM
Everyone is an idiot (or I am)
United States, TX, Red Oak
Joined Jun 2012
417 Posts
Gentlemen,

I want to share some thoughts and get yours on a possible suggested addition to John's software.

I find the compare screen very useful in not only comparing things but also to insure I have made changes that I actually intended (yes, it does what I tell it to do sometimes instead of what I want it too!).

I think it would be time saving and beneficial if there was a similar compare screen that lets you make and write changes, what's your thoughts?

The benefits I see are 1 stop spot to input changes thus saving time and decreasing error (arguably).

I am not suggesting changing any of the the interfaces as they are useful when beginning but an extra advanced window modeled after the compare.

BTW, having a blast with these zyx/cx helis!

Cheers,
Ken
Daddy. is offline Find More Posts by Daddy.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2012, 07:12 PM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,098 Posts
You'll likely disagree, but I 'd say it's more vulnerable to error as you're really just editing a list and add another spot people can mess up their settings. If you've ever worked with spreadsheet editors, you'll know this can be easy to screw up. Advanced in your book or not the feature doesn't add anything we don't already have and frankly it has nothing to do with advanced, just learn to check your changes...

I'd rather suggest additions along the line of new custom template settings, with settings specific to certain electronics known to work. This is still meant to get in the ballpark for setting values, but might actually provide newbies with a better starting point.

More advanced users won't have trouble getting the right values dialed in, test and adjust because they know what to change, nor does it really make sense to change more than one or two settings at a time which is easy to remember anyway.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Jul 22, 2012, 03:41 PM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy. View Post
Gentlemen,

I want to share some thoughts and get yours on a possible suggested addition to John's software.

I find the compare screen very useful in not only comparing things but also to insure I have made changes that I actually intended (yes, it does what I tell it to do sometimes instead of what I want it too!).

I think it would be time saving and beneficial if there was a similar compare screen that lets you make and write changes, what's your thoughts?

The benefits I see are 1 stop spot to input changes thus saving time and decreasing error (arguably).

I am not suggesting changing any of the the interfaces as they are useful when beginning but an extra advanced window modeled after the compare.

BTW, having a blast with these zyx/cx helis!

Cheers,
Ken
I understand what you mean. Once you are familiar with the settings and what they do, then the rest of the program user interface can get in the way more than it helps.
It wouldn't take a lot of effort to enable editing of the parameters. However, I still haven't finished off the next version (I still have all the loose ends to tidy up) so that I can add changes such as these.
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:34 AM
Joined Jun 2012
417 Posts
Hi John,

Thanks for the consideration and all the heli help you provide the community.

Best regards,
Ken
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:52 AM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
I have released version 1.22 of FBL as a special alpha version on the fbl.net.nz web site.

This is just an interim release for those that want to be able to use the FBL software to change the receiver mode and aircraft type of the ZYX-S.
Hopefully when things are less busy for me I can find some time to add the rest of the features supported by the ZYX-S.

Enjoy!
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:58 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Thanks, John.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:19 AM
Heathcote, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
579 Posts
Just sent the update to zyx-s & connected to a Frsky sbud receiver, it appears that the zyx is now a brick. It won't display any lights at all, tried another receiver and tested a servos which work with both receivers. Any ideas? thanks
slowflow is offline Find More Posts by slowflow
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:52 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Just reflash it again. Hold the button on the gyro at power on to enter flash mode. Make sure you use the v3.02 ZYX-S firmware (if your gyro is a ZYX-S). John's app makes life easier as well. See here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1568592
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:04 AM
Heathcote, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
579 Posts
Beenflying
it won't connect to the pc or the prog. box. It won't arm, it does illuminate the red light but can't connect even with the red light on.
slowflow is offline Find More Posts by slowflow
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:28 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowflow View Post
Beenflying
it won't connect to the pc or the prog. box. It won't arm, it does illuminate the red light but can't connect even with the red light on.
If you hold the gyro button during power up the red light should flash. Don't try to connect. Plug in the pc link and then use the open and upgrade button in John's app to flash the correct firmware (v2.5 for ZYX and v3.02 for ZYX-S).
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:21 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,524 Posts
ZYX and ZYX-S firmware 3.50 released:
http://www.0577mx.com/news_view.asp?clsid=15&id=268
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Jul 27, 2012, 04:08 PM
Joined Jun 2012
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
ZYX and ZYX-S firmware 3.50 released:
http://www.0577mx.com/news_view.asp?clsid=15&id=268
Thanks Dr M,

Sounds like some flight improvements were made...maybe this will help with the drive me crazy random wobble I get on a 500!

"1. optimized lock tail control, and improve the performance of lock tail spin time of the trip even more tough, instead of resilience.
(2) optimization of the main rotor control, do a quick pendulum and other action to eliminate the shaking of the main rotor."

Ken
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:33 PM
Cereal Killer.
USA, IA, Iowa City
Joined Jun 2009
701 Posts
Any new firmware fixes for the copterx model? i think i still have original firmware and the one flight i put on it was not pleasant
branflake12 is offline Find More Posts by branflake12
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:23 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by branflake12 View Post
Any new firmware fixes for the copterx model? i think i still have original firmware and the one flight i put on it was not pleasant
I'm afraid not. I'm seriously considering getting rid of my two CX gyros and getting ZYX-S to replace them.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:29 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Updated the first post with the new firmware v3.50 for both ZYX & ZYX-S.

Here's the release post (with video) by unochen, in the ZYX thread :
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4014