HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:43 PM
Joined Oct 2011
37 Posts
Does anyone here have a copy of Flying Models April 1953 ? I am looking for the text and plans for ''Tomag'' a class 'C' glider. I will be so happy.
Newtmagick is offline Find More Posts by Newtmagick
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:04 PM
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,044 Posts
Ebenezer
http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=2208
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:30 PM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
607 Posts
Model Aircraft July 1950

Ace of Diamonds 26" span Rubber driven Lightweight. FF

Heston AOP 46" span FF scale model of an unusual aircraft

Howards Hatchet 52" span FF contest glider

Minicoupe 13" span FF rubber as the name suggests a mini Coupe D Hiver
aeromeddeler is offline Find More Posts by aeromeddeler
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:21 PM
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Joined Oct 2004
2,601 Posts
> the name suggests a mini Coupe D Hiver

Not quite AeroM Just a sweet little sport model by old clubmate Vic Dubery
Applehoney is online now Find More Posts by Applehoney
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:51 PM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts
Aeromodeller free flight plans

Hi.
This time to the March 1989 AEROMODELLER. The cover shows five great aeromodelling subjects from the ME UK EXIHIBITION.

One free flight plan to pass along from this issue and it’s a Vintage power winner originally from France.

MIKE GREEN revisits RENE JOSSIEN’S 1949 LE VEAULENT and resurrects the full size plan.

Construction is straightforward and no problems should be encountered. Mike said performance appears better then the original perhaps due to a smaller propeller being used giving less air braking effect along with a modern P.A.W. diesel.

Plan is full size.

Cheers

Algy
algy2 is offline Find More Posts by algy2
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:23 PM
Joined May 2008
80 Posts
http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/produc...k-plan-pet1032
This is the plan I'm looking for from the June '69 Aero Modeller. I've found it's available from MyHobbyStore but the price is eye watering for what is just a 28" profile model - UK£24.50 includes postage in UK
I guess the staff wear face masks and have a brace of pistols stuffed in their belt, madatory attire for highway robbers.
Anybody with a scan - please?
locktumbler is offline Find More Posts by locktumbler
Last edited by locktumbler; Nov 17, 2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:37 PM
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Joined Oct 2004
2,601 Posts
Ridiculous pricing.
Applehoney is online now Find More Posts by Applehoney
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:57 PM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by algy2 View Post
Hi.
MIKE GREEN revisits RENE JOSSIEN’S 1949 LE VEAULENT and resurrects the full size plan.

Construction is straightforward and no problems should be encountered. Mike said performance appears better then the original perhaps due to a smaller propeller being used giving less air braking effect along with a modern P.A.W. diesel.

Plan is full size.

Cheers

Algy
As you've published René Jossien's Le Veau Lent, I thought I'd mention that I have the remains of the 1949 original, and René's original ply rib templates!
Attached is a photo of René holding the fuselage, in my garden, in the mid-nineties. The prop on the engine isn't broken. René used a single blader, with balance weight... in 1949...
brokenenglish is offline Find More Posts by brokenenglish
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:34 PM
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by locktumbler View Post
This is the plan I'm looking for from the June '69 Aero Modeller. I've found it's available from MyHobbyStore but the price is eye watering for what is just a 28" profile model - UK£24.50 includes postage in UK
I guess the staff wear face masks and have a brace of pistols stuffed in their belt, madatory attire for highway robbers.
You're looking for a Curtiss Hawk, maybe a P6.
There are many subtle version,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Hawk_aircraft
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:13 AM
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
195 Posts
Quote:
That price is even better when you consider that the original was issued as a free plan!!
hogal is online now Find More Posts by hogal
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:12 AM
Bradford West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Apr 2010
1,687 Posts
Lucky you can get a copy as it's an "X-list" plan, even more so as a picture available.

Regards Ian.
Circlip is offline Find More Posts by Circlip
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:32 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,687 Posts
Wait a minute... SOMEBODY must have the magazine complete with plan.
Unfortunately, I have the magazine, but without the plan...
A 1969 Aeromodeller can't be rare...
brokenenglish is offline Find More Posts by brokenenglish
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:57 PM
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2005
128 Posts
I have the plan. It is not in perfect condition but you are welcome to it for free. I just built the Hawk although the fuselage needs painting. It has been put to one side so I can finish some other projects.
Chris
cswee is offline Find More Posts by cswee
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:52 AM
Joined Aug 2010
80 Posts
Quote:
Hi Locktumbler. I have sent you a PM.
helmsman is offline Find More Posts by helmsman
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:19 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts
Aeromodeller free flight plans

Hi,
This time the month is DECEMBER and the year 1984 when taking a look at AEROMODELLER.
The cover shows Britannia Airways Boeing 767 with an offer of a free ride on their simulator.

The first free flight plan was for a nice 18 inch wingspan rubber powered scale model the WATERMAN GOSLING by A.J. TAYLOR.

The one and only ”Gosling” was designed and built in 1921 by WALDI Waterman and was actually sponsored by Cecil. B. DeMille. Yes the lights ,camera, action one.

Plan is full size and the construction article gives all the information you need plus how to trim for a scale flight pattern.

Next to the COMMET 11 for CO2 a mini replica of a popular vintage model from the 1930’s.

With it’s large fin and gangly undercarriage this is a very attractive subject. It was at one stage kitted by VERON and was designed by the then General manager of Veron A.E.BROOKS.

NOEL CRANE who designed this version said it is an endearing little model that flies well.

Finally one to build during the TV commercial breaks. Its’ a simple sheet balsa chuck glider by BILL BURKINSHAW. Some scrap balsa and a few slashes with a modelling knife will soon have the 767 in the air.

Cheers

Algy
algy2 is offline Find More Posts by algy2
Last edited by algy2; Nov 19, 2012 at 05:37 AM.