SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 21, 2010, 03:40 PM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpm View Post
Might just be me, but when banking on ailerons, it often needed a bit of rudder to help it into the turn.
No, that's pretty normal for gliders, especially more thermally ones. Some people mix some rudder into aileron on their radios (if their radio can), I prefer to fly it around with my thumbs..
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2010, 04:02 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,721 Posts
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Last edited by rclab1; Nov 22, 2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 04:07 PM
USA
Joined May 2010
4,721 Posts
does the PRO version fly similiar to this?

I know its only a 4ch, there is no flaps, ....
its not a Limited run motor (not 100% sure)....

73" Dynam Sonic 185 Electric Brushless Radio Controlled RC Glider (12 min 22 sec)
!

from all the reports, the quality of this Dynam plane is inferior to the Parkzone,
I just wanted to know about performance :-)
Old Nov 22, 2010, 12:18 AM
York, England
Joined Jan 2010
455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serasbach View Post
I think I'm going to let you guys do the field testing on these for about 3-4 months before I consider upgrading from the original. I want to see how well the motor, airframe, and prop adapter holds up to everyday flying. Don't get me wrong, it sounds like a winner, but I really want to see if any issues arise after some time of use and how ParkZone will address them as the time comes. I've had quite a few planes from ParkZone, and I really wish I would have waited on most of those purchases- some of the planes have been great, but others have been pretty bad (i.e. Messerschmidt, first version of Micro Sukhoi). The original Radian had some issues that were eventually corrected, and hopefully we won't see a repeat with this release. So fly those Pros boys, and put some real usage on that thing so we can really see how it holds up. We should have a pretty good idea in about 2-3 months I think.
I'm not usually an early adopter of new models, especially PZ stuff because R&D still seems to be going on (done by us poor saps) after a model has been released. The main reason I ordered this early is due to my original Rad, which was my first introduction to anything RC, still being in good flying order with the stock setup, she does look a bit battered, but she still flies very well. None of my other PZ birds motors (swiss cheese) survived long, and needed replacing, along with the various other quality control niggles I've experienced . Someone has stated that the new Pro motors are entirely metal, which is good enough for me, so maybe PZ have finally listened to those of us who have had difficulties Anyhoo, I'll be happy to report my findings, totally unbiased and truthful mate, both on and off the slopes but it won't be till after Xmas day I'm afraid (prezzie from the War Office)
SmartMartY is offline Find More Posts by SmartMartY
Old Nov 22, 2010, 12:39 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Oct 2010
321 Posts
I should be picking up my radian pro Monday/Tuesday. Hopefully I will get a chance to maiden her this week, weather permitting. I was tempted to buy the regular radian wing, how much modification will need to be done to get old radian wing on the new radian pro fuselage?
mnavarro is offline Find More Posts by mnavarro
Old Nov 22, 2010, 08:37 AM
York, England
Joined Jan 2010
455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnavarro View Post
I should be picking up my radian pro Monday/Tuesday. Hopefully I will get a chance to maiden her this week, weather permitting. I was tempted to buy the regular radian wing, how much modification will need to be done to get old radian wing on the new radian pro fuselage?
I think you'll find that particular question has already been answered, but I have a spare set of the original wings, so no harm in looking when I get mine eh?
SmartMartY is offline Find More Posts by SmartMartY
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:00 AM
USA
Joined May 2010
4,721 Posts
anyone hotrod a Radian Pro with a Eflite Power 10 yet?

I'm expecting the same/similiar performance of a EZ Glider with a
Power 10 motor..... :-)
Old Nov 22, 2010, 12:56 PM
Major Electron Addiction
USA, NC, Wilmington
Joined Aug 2006
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Yeager View Post
How about a 9503 set up?
9303/9503...anyone come up with the full house programming?
rodsmith123 is offline Find More Posts by rodsmith123
Old Nov 22, 2010, 01:39 PM
We shall serve the Lord
United States, TX, Kingsland
Joined Sep 2005
5,136 Posts
My new Radian Pro shipped today! I should have it before Thanksgiving.
McD
kingsflyer is offline Find More Posts by kingsflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old Nov 22, 2010, 03:05 PM
gpm
Sydney, Australia
Joined Sep 2004
13 Posts
9303/9503/DSX9 programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodsmith123 View Post
9303/9503...anyone come up with the full house programming?
I'm using a DSX9 (aus equiv of 9303 etc) programmed in the ACRO mode with the ar600 rx. I'm using a modified version of HH's dx7 setup - have camber, crow and reflex working, going for more flights this morning, will post when it's trimmed out - I have a report on it's maiden a few posts back.
I have been looking at using the GLID setup, offers many flight modes,ie: launch, cruise, thermal, land, speed, etc dual timers, one activated by the motor switch, but I just wanted to get it flying first.
gpm is offline Find More Posts by gpm
Old Nov 22, 2010, 05:32 PM
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Nov 2010
153 Posts
I got a Radian Pro on the way. I ordered the PNP version and I'm hoping I can use a Voltz 2200mah battery I have laying around. It is 183g where as the stock 1300mah battery is 100g. This battery is also 33mm longer. Any ideas as to whether this battery is too heavy and will throw the CG off, or should I go ahead and get a 1300mah to maiden her with?
NCHeliHead is offline Find More Posts by NCHeliHead
Old Nov 22, 2010, 06:45 PM
Lexington, NE
Joined Dec 2001
124 Posts
My Pro came in today however my hobby shop is 9 hours away from me so will be a week or so till i get a chance to pick it up. :} something to look forward to.
Mike 52732 is offline Find More Posts by Mike 52732
Old Nov 22, 2010, 06:47 PM
Just do it.
Stroudsburg, PA
Joined Nov 2009
670 Posts
Mine will be at my LHS tomorrow
FlyFisch is offline Find More Posts by FlyFisch
Old Nov 22, 2010, 07:03 PM
Joined Oct 2009
553 Posts
I'm guessing Horizon fills their LHS pre-orders first (makes sense to take care of your dealers first). I hope they brought in enough on this first load. I just pre-ordered direct from Horizon a couple days ago. Hoping for next week sometime.

Just ordered batteries from HK so I'm not really in that much of a hurry, yet. I'm following 'Diggs' lead from the other thread. Ordered 1050mah 40C 3s Rhinos. Should really float with those. I've got 1300s and 1850s for windier days.

......Mike
MS_in_NY is offline Find More Posts by MS_in_NY
Old Nov 22, 2010, 07:27 PM
Joined Oct 2009
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHeliHead View Post
I got a Radian Pro on the way. I ordered the PNP version and I'm hoping I can use a Voltz 2200mah battery I have laying around. It is 183g where as the stock 1300mah battery is 100g. This battery is also 33mm longer. Any ideas as to whether this battery is too heavy and will throw the CG off, or should I go ahead and get a 1300mah to maiden her with?
Regardless of the battery you use checking the CG is a necessary step in setting up a model for its first flight.

The Radian is probably designed to balance very close to spec with the stock 1300. Your 2200 will likely push the CG forward and a bit of tail weight might be needed for best thermaling performance. I'm fairly certain a lot of guys use 2200s in their Radians, some even add steel rod inserts into the carbon tube spar for wind penetration.

The fact is though, for best low wind and thermal performance the lighter the plane is overall the better.

......Mike
MS_in_NY is offline Find More Posts by MS_in_NY