SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 01, 2009, 09:09 AM
Too lazy to repair!
Round Rock, Tx
Joined Oct 2002
3,396 Posts
Question
Programming Hitec center

Okay, now that I have the software running fine. I have a "how to" question.

How do I set the center position if that center position does not correspond to 1500 usec?

I am using the HS-5065MG servos on the swash of my Rave helicopter. The goal here is to have the servo arm in a specific position (in this case perfectly parallel to the body of the servo) when the collective control is at 50% with no cyclic input.

The problem is that my radio does not put out a 1500 usec pulse width when in this position. I have double checked all settings. The sub trims are zeroed, the trims are all zeroed in all flight modes and the end point adjustments are all set to 100%.

What I am seeing coming out of the radio is about 1528 usec from the receiver on one of the swash channels. I don't recall what the others are but they are similar, but not identical.

This means that I can set the perfect center position and hit the button on the software that sets center at that position. But that only sets the position for 1500 usec. When I connect the servo to my radio and set the controls where needed, the servo is off just a little bit.

Is it possible to set a specific position for a specific pulse width?

Thanks,
Joe
jperch is offline Find More Posts by jperch
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2009, 11:27 AM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
The best method to set this is by trial and error. Change the center point with the programmer and observe the affect. Keep going until you get the position where you want it.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Oct 02, 2009, 07:26 PM
Too lazy to repair!
Round Rock, Tx
Joined Oct 2002
3,396 Posts
Well that is what I was afraid of.

Thanks Mike.

Joe
jperch is offline Find More Posts by jperch