SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 19, 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,747 Posts
If it's any consolation, Banjofrog, my orders go through Perth as well. I live in Minnesota, U.S.A.
peterlngh is offline Find More Posts by peterlngh
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:36 PM
Ask me about my FPV addiction
United States, MN, Wayzata
Joined May 2011
106 Posts
As do I going to watts? :P
Ugrd is offline Find More Posts by Ugrd
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:00 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,747 Posts
I've been reading through the thread and I have to admit that I don't understand the hoopla. The Zephyr looks like an interesting sport-flier but, as I read the specs and watch the brief video, it's a DF warmliner, with limited performance, that won't be capable of soaring. I understand the attraction of being the first kid on the block with a new toy and I really hope that everyone has fun with it but I don't really "get it".

Personally: If I want a jet, I'll get a jet. If I want a sailplane, I'll get a sailplane. If I want a hotliner/warmliner, I'll get a hotliner/warmliner. It just seems like there are so many compromises in this plane that it won't excel at anything. What am I missing?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:21 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlngh View Post
I've been reading through the thread and I have to admit that I don't understand the hoopla. The Zephyr looks like an interesting sport-flier but, as I read the specs and watch the brief video, it's a DF warmliner, with limited performance, that won't be capable of soaring. I understand the attraction of being the first kid on the block with a new toy and I really hope that everyone has fun with it but I don't really "get it".

Personally: If I want a jet, I'll get a jet. If I want a sailplane, I'll get a sailplane. If I want a hotliner/warmliner, I'll get a hotliner/warmliner. It just seems like there are so many compromises in this plane that it won't excel at anything. What am I missing?
Have you flown one? Maybe you should wait for the reviews to come in before saying it won't excel at anything. Just a thought
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:23 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,449 Posts
Quote:
What am I missing?
Life!

it's full of all different wonderful things that takes the imagination of everyone differently

I have plenty of Gliders/sailplanes i love them i also have an EDF jet i'll also have an UMX EDF jet soon BUT! i have also always wanted to fit an EDF unit to the back of a glider ever since i saw this video, Durafly has come close to exactly what i was wanting

yes life is full of all things for everyone, you just have to choose

cheers chuck

Jet Sailplane Airshow Flight (1 min 49 sec)
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:05 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2,747 Posts
O.K. The Zephyr is new, exciting, and different. I might have expressed it poorly but I'm just curious, considering that none of us has flown one, what makes it appealing.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:22 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2,747 Posts
Just for full disclosure; I've had many planes that were fun because there was so much wrong with them and I'm not claiming there's anything wrong with the Zephyr.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:26 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,790 Posts
Every plane has a different appeal to different people. If you need to be talked into seeing that appeal, why bother? You have a choice .................. Don't buy it. What I like about it isn't what the next person is going to like about it. Once upon a time, I suppose your mother had to tell you what to wear each day. I hope you've gotten past that and can make up your own mind now.
Hint: Wear the blue socks tomorrow.

PS.
Quote:
I've had many planes that were fun because there was so much wrong with them
I don't know about anyone else, but if I had a plane that was "so much wrong with them", it wouldn't be fun at all. It would find it's way to the garbage bin pretty quick.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Last edited by xviper; Jun 20, 2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:49 AM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,287 Posts
I knew that I saw an EDF glider/warm liner a few years ago from Hobby-Lobby. I think this is what we can expect.

Soar Jet EDF (1 min 4 sec)
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Jun 20, 2012, 01:21 AM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Australia, WA, Parkerville
Joined Sep 2011
1,426 Posts
Quote:
If it's any consolation, Banjofrog, my orders go through Perth as well. I live in Minnesota, U.S.A.
Perth Western Australia!!!!! or is there a Perth in the US.
Banjofrog is offline Find More Posts by Banjofrog
Old Jun 20, 2012, 01:26 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjofrog View Post
Perth Western Australia!!!!! or is there a Perth in the US.
Google Maps indicates that there are 5 Perths - OZ is just one. The others -- 1 in Canada, 1 in UK, 1 in NJ, USA and a county named Perth in Canada.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 01:34 AM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Australia, WA, Parkerville
Joined Sep 2011
1,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
Google Maps indicates that there are 5 Perths - OZ is just one. The others -- 1 in Canada, 1 in UK, 1 in NJ, USA and a county named Perth in Canada.
Thanks mate for clearing that one, I doubt you would send from China or Hong Kong to the U.S via Perth West Oz, oh another Perth is in Tasmania (an Island just south of Melbourne Australia)
Banjofrog is offline Find More Posts by Banjofrog
Old Jun 20, 2012, 01:54 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,790 Posts
Google Maps must not consider Tasmania as a real place. There's gotta be more than 6 Perths in the world.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:31 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2011
648 Posts
There was one year at the Olympics when Tassie was left off the map of Australia - that definitely got some noses out of joint.
BrettAltea is offline Find More Posts by BrettAltea
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:31 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2011
648 Posts
Does anyone know what battery connector comes on the ESC?
BrettAltea is offline Find More Posts by BrettAltea