SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 26, 2011, 02:07 AM
Joined Jul 2011
2 Posts
Discussion
aileron and throttle in my left stick.... help!!!

So I have an EXI 450 build that i'm trying to complete, but I can't seem to figure out how to reverse my pitch servo direction. Currenly my aileron and throttle are in my left stick and my pitch and elevator are on my right stick. My transmitter is a walkera 2801 pro. I have it in mode 2. Any suggestions?
bicmed is offline Find More Posts by bicmed
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2011, 05:41 AM
stoke on trent UK
Joined Feb 2010
105 Posts
i had the same problem a year back with a build and was pulling my hair out. this is going to sound stupid but the only way I could get this problem solved (using a turnigy 9x) was to remove the swash servos, align them up as if they were in the heli and get them working in the correct way by plugging them into the rx with a battery pack on. I had to move one here, one there and swap the wires around. I can’t explain it but some servos seem to work in a different direction  (is this possible or maybe we have a faulty one?) it fixed my problem anyway as I simply could not get the thing to work with my tx settings.
roger200 is offline Find More Posts by roger200
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:34 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2008
2,574 Posts
Play with the servo reversing until the correct servos move, don't worry for now whether they move the swash plate in the right direction.

After you have the correct servos working together, go into the swash mix and change the + to a - or vice versa if the swash is moving in the wrong direction for that function.

Keep in mind that servo direction and function direction are different things. ccpm mixing is about the radio mixing the servos to move in the right direction together, you cannot accomplish this with just servo reversing.
Druss is offline Find More Posts by Druss
Old Jul 26, 2011, 01:47 PM
banging head on wall
Joined Feb 2010
1,210 Posts
Are you sure you have the receiver wired right starting on the side away from the batt plug the first servo should be the Elev servo, second Aile servo, third esc, fourth rudder/gyro, fifth gain wire, sixth pitch, then the next two empty and last is the battery port that is if you have the 2801 pro Rx by looking at the manual. I don't have the radio I'm just going by the manual page six http://www.helipal.com/images/W2801PRO_expe.pdf good luck On the 450 looking from the back the rear srvo is the elev, the right front is aile, and front left is pitch as standard setup
skyeblu is offline Find More Posts by skyeblu
Old Jul 26, 2011, 03:59 PM
stoke on trent UK
Joined Feb 2010
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druss View Post
Play with the servo reversing until the correct servos move, don't worry for now whether they move the swash plate in the right direction.

After you have the correct servos working together, go into the swash mix and change the + to a - or vice versa if the swash is moving in the wrong direction for that function.

Keep in mind that servo direction and function direction are different things. ccpm mixing is about the radio mixing the servos to move in the right direction together, you cannot accomplish this with just servo reversing.
omg! why didnt i think of this.
roger200 is offline Find More Posts by roger200
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:18 AM
Joined Jul 2011
2 Posts
I'll give that a shot, thx. So to be clear i'll need to change my radio settings rather then my servo direction?

I currently have the right wiring for aileron, elevator and pitch going to my reciever and they work together, just in the opposite direction. So my pitch is completely down when my throttle is down and my aileron is neutral until I change direction (so...mid stick its level).
bicmed is offline Find More Posts by bicmed
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:25 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2008
2,574 Posts
Yes, the radio mixes the servos so that they work together to accomplish the function. The ports on the receiver may be listed with names but as long as you get the elevator servo (the single one at the front or back) the other two can be plugged into ether of the other channels.

Try the swash mix, I'm pretty sure that will fix your problem.
Druss is offline Find More Posts by Druss
Old Aug 13, 2011, 05:19 PM
Joined Mar 2011
537 Posts
bicmed..in your menus under stick..is Mode 1, 2, 3, or 4 selected..for aileron elev on right, throttle and rudder on left..needs to be set to mode 2. Second..If you put the rx so the servo plugs are on the right..from top to bottom your control servos should be in this order: Elevator, Aileron, Throttle, Rudder, Gear, aux 1, Aux 2, Aux 3.

My 2801 Pro came set to mode 1 from the factory, which put the aileron channel on the left stick with elev and rudder on the right stick

Troy
twmonroe is offline Find More Posts by twmonroe
Old Aug 13, 2011, 06:19 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
Am I understanding what you have going on? The left stick is aileron and throttle rather than rudder and throttle?

The 2801 has a nasty habit of changing modes if the batteries get too low. When I was using metal hyd batteries, mine would change to mode 1 if they went below 9.8 volts. Now I'm using a lipo and it switches when I hit 11.6 volts. Check your battery voltage on the screen and then double check what mode you're in. If the mode is correct, double check all of your wires. On my EXI I was confusing the ail and pitch servos.

From the main menue, hit the ent key once, go to swash, hit ent again. make sure it's on 3servos 120.

And just to save a lot of confusion later, the channels on the 2801 are 1- elev, 2 - ail, 3 - thro, 4 - rudd, 5 - GEAR, 6 - pitch and 7 - gyro sens. Don't plug that gyro sens lead into 5 - you'll have a heck of a time getting to work like that.
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik