HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 18, 2011, 07:32 PM
Joined Apr 2011
21 Posts
Discussion
CG Composites to stock blue foam in Brisbane.

Hey all, I remembered for AGES trying to get blue foam on a regular basis as a modeler and CNC'er. No where in Brisbane would sell it and if I did get some it was pretty rare! (If you live in the US, don't be fooled, its impossible to get here! Lol)

I convinced my company to regularily stock blue foam in 2 different densities!
40/400Kpa and 45/700kpa (I'm hoping the 700 will be brilliant for quick unabrasive CNC prototyping and hell cheap!) In 25 / 50 and 100mm sheets.

I work at CG Composites at Hendra, and if I can get enough people interested I've convinced my boss to keep stocking it.

If your not familiar with blue foam its fantastic to make foamies/slop soarers/terrain god you name it. Sands great with a good surface finish and is really strong. Styrofoam is no comparison!

So, can I PLEASE get expressions of interest and just some emailed pre-orders, just say "Your keen" (I don't need money) I just need to know you'd be interested. I will also sell half sheets too.
Email me! I already give great deals to modelers and motorcycle racers (since I am personally involved in both) I have a little agreement with you guys...
So... who wants some?!

James Irvine
CG Composites Australia.
james@cgcomposites.com.au
http://www.cgcomposites.com.au
cgjames is offline Find More Posts by cgjames
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2011, 12:39 AM
NeverAgainVolunteerYourse lf
Australia, QLD, Regents Park
Joined Mar 2007
3,723 Posts
Hi James,

Maybe a mention in the boat forums, a number of people there use that for boat hull plugs etc

PS, I may be interested, costs?

Cheers
Nick
nick_75au is offline Find More Posts by nick_75au
Old May 25, 2011, 06:00 PM
Joined Apr 2011
21 Posts
Nick can you please email me via my work contact details. Thanks sir.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 08:20 AM
Joined Feb 2006
216 Posts
Hi James

I have bought products from your shop before - peel ply, tool coat, wax carbon tow, etc. If you are able to stock a foam that is equivalent of Dow hi-load 60 that would be great. I have previously only been able to source Dow SMTG which is about 25 psi from a place in Eagle Farm. I shelled out a bit of cash earlier in the year to get in Spyder foam from the States. Anyway you might want to publicize this in the composites and Australian forum pages.

kind regards

Dan
Tisr is offline Find More Posts by Tisr
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:23 AM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,315 Posts
I put a link to this thread in the scratch built electric plane section James . Im sure some there will be interested .
Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Jun 30, 2011, 11:31 AM
Corflute Codger
Australia, New South Wales, Fernmount
Joined Feb 2011
581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjames View Post
Hey all, I remembered for AGES trying to get blue foam on a regular basis as a modeler and CNC'er. No where in Brisbane would sell it and if I did get some it was pretty rare! (If you live in the US, don't be fooled, its impossible to get here! Lol)

I convinced my company to regularily stock blue foam in 2 different densities!
40/400Kpa and 45/700kpa (I'm hoping the 700 will be brilliant for quick unabrasive CNC prototyping and hell cheap!) In 25 / 50 and 100mm sheets.

I work at CG Composites at Hendra, and if I can get enough people interested I've convinced my boss to keep stocking it.

If your not familiar with blue foam its fantastic to make foamies/slop soarers/terrain god you name it. Sands great with a good surface finish and is really strong. Styrofoam is no comparison!

So, can I PLEASE get expressions of interest and just some emailed pre-orders, just say "Your keen" (I don't need money) I just need to know you'd be interested. I will also sell half sheets too.
Email me! I already give great deals to modelers and motorcycle racers (since I am personally involved in both) I have a little agreement with you guys...
So... who wants some?!

James Irvine
CG Composites Australia.
james@cgcomposites.com.au
http://www.cgcomposites.com.au
I'm keen
flymess is offline Find More Posts by flymess
Old Jul 03, 2011, 08:31 PM
Australia, WA, Kalgoorlie
Joined Apr 2011
1,427 Posts
Hi

Have replied to your work address

Check out foamular.com.au. Would this work?
wizard of odd is online now Find More Posts by wizard of odd
Old Jul 25, 2011, 01:22 AM
Joined Apr 2011
21 Posts
Foamular don't generally stock 700kpa, I don't know if the stock the RTM foam either. The other stuff is junk. Anyway guys, I'll have a big update here in a day or two for you to check out. standby.
Old Jan 06, 2012, 06:57 AM
Joined Feb 2006
216 Posts
Thought I'd give this thread a little bump. Did the blue foam ever work out James?
Tisr is offline Find More Posts by Tisr