Old Jan 07, 2014, 10:57 PM
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
972 Posts
Discussion
Autopartner/TECHone Extra 300 EPP Indoor

Hi guys,

I've searched RCGroups and found few posts about the Extra 300. And I haven't found a thread about it. So I am starting one here.

I think the plane is unique because I am not aware anything that is close to it. The airframe is made of 5-mm EPP sheets. According the manufacturer, the AUW should be 150-165 grams, which is quite similar to a plane of the same size but made of Depron sheets.

I built mine much heavier than the said AUW because I added a lot of extra carbon fiber reinforcement. (See my photos below.) I am quite happy with the result. The plane is heavy but very stiff and strong. It can still fly slowly and nicely despite the extra weight in my opinion. Watch my video and have your own opinion:

feda Test-flies AutoPartner Extra-300, the EPP version (5 min 14 sec)

My set-up:
- Hengli 2815 KV1800 Motor
- Hobbywing 10A ESC
- 2 Dymond D47 for the tail and 1 Dymond D60 for the aileron
- 2S 370mAh pack
- DSM2 compatible receiver

The servos and the receiver are powered by the 2-cell battery directly.

Cheers,

feda
feda is offline Find More Posts by feda
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2014, 12:50 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,799 Posts
Looks good to me! Nice and slow . Great flying!
groovejet is offline Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Jan 08, 2014, 07:17 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,480 Posts
Feda - I agree with where you put CF strips.... I just finished building mine stock... and I am not happy with the design or the build ...least favorite Tech One design so far for me.
kydawg1 is online now Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Jan 11, 2014, 03:26 AM
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet View Post
Looks good to me! Nice and slow . Great flying!
Thanks, groovejet.

This video shows some fast moves my AP Extra can do.

Cheers,

feda

feda Hucks with his AutoPartner Extra-300, the EPP Version (3 min 47 sec)
Old Jan 11, 2014, 05:20 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,600 Posts
Nice flying but I'd rather listen to how you work the throttle than have the music in there.
Jack the R is offline Find More Posts by Jack the R
Old Jan 11, 2014, 12:20 PM
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack the R View Post
Nice flying but I'd rather listen to how you work the throttle than have the music in there.
Thanks, Jack.

I've made another version of the video with the music removed. Hope you like it.

feda Hucks with his AutoPartner Extra-300 (with Music Removed) (3 min 35 sec)

Best regards,

feda
Old Apr 01, 2014, 04:48 PM
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2005
1,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1 View Post
Feda - I agree with where you put CF strips.... I just finished building mine stock... and I am not happy with the design or the build ...least favorite Tech One design so far for me.
Why don't you like it? Which one is your favorite?
steelgtr is offline Find More Posts by steelgtr
Old Apr 02, 2014, 07:03 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelgtr View Post
Why don't you like it? Which one is your favorite?
In general it seems the design is sloppy and the structure needs more carbon support than supplied.

I am much happier with the other slightly thicker EPP designs. They seem as lightweight and less fragile, but that is my personal preference only here. I have had great fun and great luck with them.
kydawg1 is online now Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Apr 02, 2014, 09:05 AM
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2005
1,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1 View Post
In general it seems the design is sloppy and the structure needs more carbon support than supplied.

I am much happier with the other slightly thicker EPP designs. They seem as lightweight and less fragile, but that is my personal preference only here. I have had great fun and great luck with them.
How about the MXS-800? Looks fun and easier to build. What's with the string used in the Extra build?!

bob
steelgtr is offline Find More Posts by steelgtr
Old Apr 18, 2014, 12:19 PM
obserwator
United States, WI, Middleton
Joined Feb 2012
549 Posts
How is this plane balancing? Is CG according to the manual? Did you need to compensate it for instance with raising bit ailerons??? I saw the other video, and seemed to me a bit tail heavy which also seems to be not that great deal as looks quite stable in harriers...
zawaprz is offline Find More Posts by zawaprz
Old Apr 19, 2014, 09:29 AM
3D Crazy
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Joined May 2010
712 Posts
At the moment, I'm bashing this model every weekend. What i can say is it's so slow and much stabil than any other foamies i've flown. But you're right it's not so tough to handle crashes because the epp is too thin an too soft.

Techone Extra 300 EPP 3d (2 min 32 sec)
Meez is offline Find More Posts by Meez
Old Apr 19, 2014, 01:56 PM
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meez View Post
At the moment, I'm bashing this model every weekend. What i can say is it's so slow and much stabil than any other foamies i've flown. But you're right it's not so tough to handle crashes because the epp is too thin an too soft.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cm49pK88ak
Hey Meez,

Haven't watched your video for a while. Good to see you fly again!

The Extra is very maneuverable thanks to its super large control surfaces and I was also surprised how slow it could fly considering its not-so-light weight.

Still nothing tangible found of the MH370? You guys in Malaysia probably have got much more stories about the mystery than the rest of us.

Best regards,

feda
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:01 PM
3D Crazy
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Joined May 2010
712 Posts
Thanks Feda.

Yeah, i didn't fly for quite sometimes until one morning i saw this model published by LHS. In less than 2 hours i already got it at home.

I really loved the looks and design of this model. The aileron surface is much bigger than the wing itself makes roll very very fast for epp models. I have to set dual rate switch and only use 70% for slow harrier rolling otherwise can't controll it and crash.

Knife Edge is a dreams with this one either fast or slow or even in circle or f8. The best is it harrier capability. Normal or inverted. It just so stabil and so slow. I really have fun with it.

MH370? i think now Australia tooks in charge since the search area is close (somes 2000km) from Perth. Obviously, been a small country, we needs helps from others country for SAR and somes says the team that doing the SAR is the biggest in history . Surprisingly, after more than 40 days, nothing (not even a small debris) have been found.

Internally, we're very very sad because all this while our National Airliner company MAS are well known for their reputations and abilities on their services. The last accident is in 1974.
Meez is offline Find More Posts by Meez