HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 26, 2013, 10:09 AM
Cow R/C
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Nov 2007
1,134 Posts
Finally got the body sprayed and the PN 70T motor installed. Went with a very simple 2 tone scheme after several frustrating and failed attempts at masking a much cooler design Bodies this small are such a pain to work with, but oh well, it turned out ok and it's definitely easy to see on the track.

I will get some vid posted soon. I am currently in the process of expanding my RCP track to a larger layout and will be doing lots of on and off road micro racing on it as soon as it is finished.
fastmax is offline Find More Posts by fastmax
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2013, 01:03 PM
Cow R/C
Joined Nov 2007
1,134 Posts
Small update to this coming soon. I still haven't finished expanding and assembling my track (other projects keep getting in the way ) But I did get an Optima body for it and will be doing a "retro" paint scheme and decal job on it
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 23, 2013, 09:32 PM
Cow R/C
Joined Nov 2007
1,134 Posts
Here's the Optima body mounted. Got started on the paint a lil while ago. This is going to be a fun project. Have cool plans for this body thanks to inspiration from another RCG member (Thanks SoloProFan)

RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2013, 11:04 AM
Cow R/C
Joined Nov 2007
1,134 Posts
Still have work to do on it but is's getting there.

RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:11 PM
Joined Sep 2010
17 Posts
So how big is your track? We race 2 mini z lazers on a track in my garage thats about 20x20. The lanes 40 inches wide. The track seems to about perfect in size and I love how the Kyoshos handle but I feel they should have done them from the factory with a brushless system and Lipos. I'm constantly wishing it had more power. I have never driven a Losi brushless 1/24th but I hear the just make power and handle like crap. It would be nice if a brushless micro came out that was built for track duty.
Cody01 is offline Find More Posts by Cody01
Old Oct 25, 2013, 06:25 AM
Cow R/C
Joined Nov 2007
1,134 Posts
The track layout that the pics above were taken on is just a small oval that I toss together in the living room sometimes so I can do laps while watching tv lol. I have several RCP tracks so when I want to make a bigger track I can but that usually only happens on weekends in the summer time when I can set it up out in the driveway.

What motors are you running in your Lazers? In stock form the Mini-Z buggies are totally under powered except for in the tightest of spaces. The PN 70T motor and a couple more teeth on the pinion gear really wake the little guy up. Still not fast by most standards but plenty quick enough for most home track running and a whole lot more grunt out of the hole.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2013, 12:44 PM
Joined Sep 2010
17 Posts
Mine are stock. Not sure what parts to get and where from.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 02:32 PM
Cow R/C
Joined Nov 2007
1,134 Posts
These are really the only thing you need to get more performance out of them and reinforce the front of the chassis so it doesn't snap if you impact something head on.

http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?p...cat=533&page=1

http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?p...cat=392&page=2

Then when you install the motor, just install your next bigger pinion gear (forget the tooth count right off hand) I buy almost all of my Mini-Z stuff from them. They ship fast and are very reliable.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2013, 02:41 PM
Cow R/C
Joined Nov 2007
1,134 Posts
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2013, 06:47 PM
Joined Sep 2010
17 Posts
That reads the 70T is a stock motor? Is that one much different than the one in the cars now? Also does it change run time by much?
Old Oct 26, 2013, 10:21 AM
Cow R/C
Joined Nov 2007
1,134 Posts
It's the official stock class motor for Mini-Z racing events but it is a good bit more powerful than the box stock motor. It has about double the torque so you can run a bigger pinion and get an increased top speed along with much better acceleration. Run times haven't changed that I've noticed.

Alternatively you could spend just a couple more dollars and get the PN 60T which will really boost performance, but will have a bigger affect on run times & will also work your fets a little harder.

For my track layouts I've found the 70T to be just about perfect for all around fun.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2013, 12:13 PM
Joined Sep 2010
17 Posts
OK, I'll wait for the cyber sales to start and order some up. Traditionally I'm an 1/8th scale large track outdoor driver but I've been having a blast with this. Wish I had a little more room.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 08:48 AM
Cow R/C
Joined Nov 2007
1,134 Posts
Ordered a couple more Optima bodies for this the other night. Looking forward to their arrival. On one I will be doing my best to replicate the original Optima scheme. The other one I haven't decided on yet. Pics to come once I get started.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 04, 2014, 11:04 AM
Cow R/C
Joined Nov 2007
1,134 Posts
Finally able to get started on one of the new bodies. This one will be a yellow and silver scheme. Forgot how much of a pain these little bodies are to mask off.

RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 04, 2014, 02:52 PM
Cow R/C
Joined Nov 2007
1,134 Posts
Got one done. Next one is going to be quite a bit more time consuming, and a nightmare to mask off but I'll give it my all.

The duo

RCG Plus Member