Old May 25, 2013, 01:19 AM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,145 Posts
Discussion
Cant control the tail of blade 450 3d

After giving up on trying to make er9x work with ca helis I bought super cp with devo 7e. I know how to fly but its extremely hard when the tail is going all over the place.
My first flight i actually had the gyro lead connected to wrong channel and the heli flew but somehow it like needed trim.
Second flight i realized where i had to put the gyro lead but the tail was super touchy and heli was unflyable. Ended up crashing on a tree trunk and destroyed the flybars and blades.

I read that the gyro sensitivity should be 40 with 7e but spekrum tells to use 80.
Im not even sure how the heading hold and the other gyro mode works. I know i can fly the heli if it would cooperate with me lol
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2013, 08:48 AM
Grand Rapids MI.
Joined May 2000
1,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koo View Post
After giving up on trying to make er9x work with ca helis I bought super cp with devo 7e. I know how to fly but its extremely hard when the tail is going all over the place.
My first flight i actually had the gyro lead connected to wrong channel and the heli flew but somehow it like needed trim.
Second flight i realized where i had to put the gyro lead but the tail was super touchy and heli was unflyable. Ended up crashing on a tree trunk and destroyed the flybars and blades.

I read that the gyro sensitivity should be 40 with 7e but spekrum tells to use 80.
Im not even sure how the heading hold and the other gyro mode works. I know i can fly the heli if it would cooperate with me lol
Sounds like a gyro set-up, set it high at first, then back it down until the tail holds but is not twitching when you pump the heli up and down. Too much gyro = tail twitch Too little gyro = loosey/goosey tail. Gyro or rudder in most cades is channel 4, make sure you have the correct polarity on your connector also.
RICH S is offline Find More Posts by RICH S
Old May 25, 2013, 04:28 PM
salrica
United States, NC, Knightdale
Joined Mar 2011
116 Posts
No trim or subtrim in gyro channel !
Use 30% of expo in elevator aileron and rudder channel, on your transmitter
Heli should not drift when you bring it to hover, if so, move tail servo holder or rod length.
Different values for different transmitters, some use + others -, check yours.
salrica is offline Find More Posts by salrica
Last edited by salrica; May 25, 2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old May 31, 2013, 01:44 PM
Joined Mar 2012
349 Posts
Can you post a video of what you are experiencing?
volumax is offline Find More Posts by volumax