HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2013, 09:03 AM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,532 Posts
Discussion
A sad day today

It's a sad day when you lose a good friend and today I have learned that golf pro Ken Venturi has passed away. I had the pleasure of working with Ken at the Marco Island Country Club here in Florida and he was one of the most kind and caring people that I have ever known. There was no one he wouldn't help at the drop of a hat and his kindness will live well beyond his life on earth.
I don't have any details on this but thought any of you golfers out there would like to know. Pete
norgale is offline Find More Posts by norgale
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: What's a blog for?
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2013, 07:33 PM
United States, FL, Oviedo
Joined Oct 2012
901 Posts
Sorry you lost your friend, Pete.
Barry7 is online now Find More Posts by Barry7
Old May 23, 2013, 08:23 PM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,532 Posts
Thanks Barry. I appreciate it very much. pete
RCG Plus Member
Old May 24, 2013, 12:49 AM
Is life for real?
Almere The Netherlands
Joined Sep 2006
1,320 Posts
Sorry about your loss Pete. It's sad to loose a good friend, any friend for that matter. I'm supporting a friend who is losing his second bout with cancer and it's hard to see him deteriorate slowly every week when I go and visit. He's almost always in good spirits though and he's done with this life which makes it easier for him to accept his fate and easier for me to talk about our feelings! Eugene
pkboo is offline Find More Posts by pkboo
Old May 24, 2013, 06:25 PM
Joined May 2009
215 Posts
A truly sad time in golf,a class act, I missed his reporting. It was nice that they had inducted him into the hall of fame before he passed.
capterik is offline Find More Posts by capterik
Old May 25, 2013, 06:36 AM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,532 Posts
Ken should have been in the HOF a long time ago. Don't know why that took so long but Ken didn't play politics. He was up front with everybody and sometimes that didn't fare so well for him. However you knew where you stood with him right out in front and I always liked that. Other people not so much.
I for one am happy that he is finally in the HOF. He deserved the honor in my opinion. Pete
RCG Plus Member