HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:24 AM
FPV'r
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined May 2011
1,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standas View Post
Feiyu-tech basically ignores any comments to the state fw. They write, send it technicians and will solve it. That's about all that happens.

Feiyu-tech wake up and do something about it

I personally have a problem with communication FY.DOS and OSD HORNET v.1.7 in multirotor version. Not showing my flight mode RTH. Remains ABM.

For me personally, multi them quit and go to DJI Naza.

Otherwise, use the FY-DOS fw 2.31 ​​beta. He flies a bit better than fw 2.30, but
mistakes of multirotor fw is still a lot.
That is a know bug, it shows ABM when in RTH..
They know about it and I guess have no intention of fixing it..
I am using the latest beta 2.3.1 and same bug..
ror1 is offline Find More Posts by ror1
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:39 PM
Tel Aviv-Yafo Sde Dov, Israel
Joined Apr 1999
1,872 Posts
I have been using the fy dos on two quads for a long time.

Manual mode is great. I use this mode 95% of the time, mostly for fpv.

Rth & hover modes get the job done, and will always save my quad if i loose video or radio signal. The problem is they are not very elegant and tend to be inconsistent. Sometimes right on the spot and sometimes with quite severe toilet bowel effect.
All true for both version 2.30 and 2.31.

Lately, i found out that in order to get the best results, you should stsrt the flight in manual mode for at least 3-4 minutes - hover, figure 8 ans so on (regular sport flight). After that you get exellent results in both gps modes. No less than 3-4 minutes and than land to. perform the gyro calibration routine.

Try that and let us know your results.
oded mazor is offline Find More Posts by oded mazor