HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:11 PM
Joined Sep 2012
25 Posts
Discussion
Most accurate simulator for my plane!!

I have a Piper J-3 Cub

Real Flight = To fast compare to the real one but good flight.
Aerofly = To heavy to my like
Phoenix = Most accurate to my plane

What about yours?
BANDACALVARIO is offline Find More Posts by BANDACALVARIO
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:26 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Your conclusions are a bit misleading. Maybe the RF Cub was based on a Cub with a more powerful engine. Maybe the AeroFly Cub was designed after a model heavier than yours. Both could be accurate. A Piper Cub is a rather popular model, and many many variations exist. And I bet every kit recommends multiple engine sizes for its own plane, too. The 3 sims you mentioned all have physics that are user definable. You could make any of those sims fly accurately.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:35 AM
Joined Sep 2012
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn View Post
Your conclusions are a bit misleading. Maybe the RF Cub was based on a Cub with a more powerful engine. Maybe the AeroFly Cub was designed after a model heavier than yours. Both could be accurate. A Piper Cub is a rather popular model, and many many variations exist. And I bet every kit recommends multiple engine sizes for its own plane, too. The 3 sims you mentioned all have physics that are user definable. You could make any of those sims fly accurately.
I respect your opinion. I want the opinion from the rc pilot and their experiences. I know the sims can be modified and also the planes. My point is how the plane is similar to the simulator on their factory settings. Not a critique to any simulator or any plane. I only have two planes and five simulators and use them all .
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:20 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Five simulators? Wow. Can you get free updates to the latest available versions on al of them? Or are you stuck with what came on the disc?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:26 PM
Joined Sep 2012
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn View Post
Five simulators? Wow. Can you get free updates to the latest available versions on al of them? Or are you stuck with what came on the disc?
Aerofly im stuck, Real Flight im waiting for the last update. Phoenix is wonderfull free updates my first v3 now v4. Aerofly Fs is great for real planes i really enjoy this one. Check it out for it.
Last edited by BANDACALVARIO; Oct 13, 2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:19 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Well, maybe they'll look into it.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:41 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,209 Posts
My plane PZ Bf 109

Clearview - a bit overpowered axial rolls faster than the real bird, climb rate completely unrealistic
Phoenix - overpowered, rolls faster than the real bird, climb rate unrealistic.

I've tried the 109 on both these sims and they are really similar to each other and completely unlike the real bird.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Confessions of a smoker...