HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:50 AM
Paris (France)
Joined Jan 2006
839 Posts
Video

Ok, here is the only video i can show you: I'm not very proud of this flight.

micro EDF DC9 (0 min 24 sec)
indoor_fr is online now Find More Posts by indoor_fr
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:18 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,149 Posts
Plenty of power there Frank!
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:40 AM
OY-5542
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Silkeborg
Joined Nov 2009
681 Posts
"OH Putain! Je suis content de ne pas avoir été le pilote de ce vol". :-)

But I'm sure you'll get to a point, where you'll be satisfied with its flight. At least, as NitroCharged wrote, there's plenty of power to work with :-)

Thanks for sharing! Good luck!
Chrizz is online now Find More Posts by Chrizz
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Oxy 0.5
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:11 PM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,723 Posts
my .02 is you got CG problems. (do a test glide yet?)
but looks good in the air, and looks to have enough power for flying. if shes wallowing all over the place like that and still flies, once you get it ironed out you will fly much better.
truth be told, i figured you would not fly with the stock AA EDFs.
(by the way, flyzone motor A 12900kv, is a 7mm brushed 1.1 ohm motor. very hot wind. might be a upgrade )
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:43 AM
Paris (France)
Joined Jan 2006
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemoskull View Post
my .02 is you got CG problems. (do a test glide yet?)
but looks good in the air, and looks to have enough power for flying. if shes wallowing all over the place like that and still flies, once you get it ironed out you will fly much better.

truth be told, i figured you would not fly with the stock AA EDFs.
(by the way, flyzone motor A 12900kv, is a 7mm brushed 1.1 ohm motor. very hot wind. might be a upgrade )

Yes, that what i suspect. I moved back the battery at the second flight (the video ), because the plane was diving (probably because of the EDF) , but i just should have put more elevator.

For the EDF, see post 1: These are the walkera motors (long can), and it is a 2S set up.

I would like to know the thrust on one cell with the Flyzone motor. UGN has posted something about that, i think. Have to search.

I have thought of using only one cell with more powerfull motors. The AUW would be 43g (5g less for the battery and 2g for the ESC), which requires a thrust equal to (0.6 x 43)/2 = 12.9 g.

This may be achieved with the Flyzone motor...
Last edited by indoor_fr; Jan 16, 2013 at 04:21 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:46 AM
Paris (France)
Joined Jan 2006
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrizz View Post

But I'm sure you'll get to a point, where you'll be satisfied with its flight. At least, as NitroCharged wrote, there's plenty of power to work with :-)

Thanks for sharing! Good luck!
Thanks Chrizz,

I think that i can get better flight. If so, i'll post a new video!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:04 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
932 Posts
Great job! I wasn't too proud of my video either but now that I have been flying my plane for a while it flies quite tame and smooth. Not all of our planes fly! But once they do it does not take too much to make them better. Good Luck. Nice plane.
MUTCAKE is online now Find More Posts by MUTCAKE
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:32 AM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,723 Posts
IIRC some one ws getting close to 10g thrust on a 25mm edf with a flyzone 1.4 or 1.1 motor (motor A or motor B ) i think it may have been a 22mm edf with a 4 blade rotor. i got 20mm edfs and they sucked. thrust to weight of less than 2:1, tho i never tried the 10mm BL unit.

ive been meaning to get me some more from BIM, 22mm for 7mms and 4 blade rotors. should weigh close to 3g, and max thrust is about 9 or 10.
OTOH, the 20mm edfs with 6.9G thrust, could almost fly a 13 grams airframe. memeroy does not serve me very often.
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:26 PM
Paris (France)
Joined Jan 2006
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTCAKE View Post
Great job! I wasn't too proud of my video either but now that I have been flying my plane for a while it flies quite tame and smooth. Not all of our planes fly! But once they do it does not take too much to make them better. Good Luck. Nice plane.
Salut Mutkake!

Thanks!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:34 PM
Paris (France)
Joined Jan 2006
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemoskull View Post
IIRC some one ws getting close to 10g thrust on a 25mm edf with a flyzone 1.4 or 1.1 motor (motor A or motor B ) i think it may have been a 22mm edf with a 4 blade rotor. i got 20mm edfs and they sucked. thrust to weight of less than 2:1, tho i never tried the 10mm BL unit.

ive been meaning to get me some more from BIM, 22mm for 7mms and 4 blade rotors. should weigh close to 3g, and max thrust is about 9 or 10.
OTOH, the 20mm edfs with 6.9G thrust, could almost fly a 13 grams airframe. memeroy does not serve me very often.
Thanks for the data. 10g of thrust for a 22 mm EDF unit is really good, compared to the Airhogs 30mm fan.