HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:49 AM
United States, TX, Victoria
Joined Jul 2012
612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picofly View Post
I didn't solder the microphone. It came just like that. There is an empty soldering pad on the left hand side of the red wire. I wonder is it for the audio wire?

I bought the camera from this place: http://www.ahdcameras.com/170-degree...el-camera.html
Whoooa, dude. 170°. No wonder it was making my eyeballs ache. [EDIT] And you said that in the text of the post; I clearly was not paying attention. *D'OH! moment # 5267*

Hey - I took my own advice; added a 470uf cap right at the TX 5V IN. COMPLETELY cleared up the horizontal banding. Thanks for the idea! Now I can move on to building a proper balanced output for the RX so I can hook a monitor to it.

mnem
Hover it, baby!
mnemennth is offline Find More Posts by mnemennth
Last edited by mnemennth; Feb 11, 2013 at 12:54 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:09 AM
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
1,765 Posts
@Pico - sooo, you going to show us a test-flight with that fisheye monster.?

@mnemennth - agree fisheye get a bit much, but it is wonderful on the CP at slow-speed because the view to the side give a better feeling of sideways drift and speed over ground. probably the same reason helicopters tend to be made with solid side and down vision.
Naturally I would rather than a video goggle with a wrap around type display. but...
Bo Lorentzen is online now Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:36 AM
Joined Apr 2009
188 Posts
Thanks picofly. Yes, the solder pad is for the audio. As everything is populated on the PCB, you can just solder a wire from the pad to your VTX to have audio.

Hmm, maybe then this one is the camera from the TX5805:
http://www.ahdcameras.com/2-mega-pix...ra-module.html

But without seeing the PCB it's hard to tell. But I guess the probability is high.

BTW: All the microphone circuit on the TX5805 cam is also populated, you can even see, that once there was a microphone soldered on it. But it seems Walkera decided to go without it and just cut it off.

Quote:
Naturally I would rather than a video goggle with a wrap around type display. but...
Lol, this is also one of my projects in the pipeline. To use a projector with a special lens to have a 180° FOV. Sure this isn't anymore mountable on the head, but you would just sit inside it...
OiOi is offline Find More Posts by OiOi
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:22 AM
Gaui X2 & Protos Mini FBL
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Jan 2008
652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Lorentzen View Post
@Pico - sooo, you going to show us a test-flight with that fisheye monster.?

@mnemennth - agree fisheye get a bit much, but it is wonderful on the CP at slow-speed because the view to the side give a better feeling of sideways drift and speed over ground. probably the same reason helicopters tend to be made with solid side and down vision.
I will give it a try on next weekend!

Weather has been really bad lately and I am quite busy at work at the moment. BTW, winter time FPV isn't much fun because lenses of my video goggles get foggy in cold weather and I need to wipe the lenses all the time.
Picofly is offline Find More Posts by Picofly
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:50 PM
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2008
877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemennth View Post
PicoFly -

Cid - I really think you just answered your own question dude. If it's a regulator, they put it there because you need it.
Yes but if on the board (cam and tx) I have already a voltage regualtor (or a 1s lipo), I do not really need it ??
The only problem is that I do not know the required voltage for the camera
Because even with the wires removed, I am still near 3g... it is not so good for camera advertised 1g
Cid156 is offline Find More Posts by Cid156
Last edited by Cid156; Feb 11, 2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:34 PM
United States, TX, Victoria
Joined Jul 2012
612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid156 View Post
QUOT=mnemennth]
Cid - I really think you just answered your own question dude. If it's a regulator, they put it there because you need it.
Yes but if on the board (cam and tx) I have already a voltage regulator (or a 1s lipo), I do not really need it ??
The only problem is that I do not know the required voltage for the camera
Because even with the wires removed, I am still near 3g... it is not so good for camera advertised 1g[/QUOTE]
Cid -

If it needs 3.3V and you're running 1s, yes, you need it. If 5V, no. Maybe. You may need one of the Pololu 2119 Buck/Boost regulator to feed it. That is, if it IS a regulator. It may be a noise filter; only experimentation can tell you if THAT is necessary.

Time to break out the multimeter, or pick a camera more suitable to the level of arse-ache you're willing to endure.

I'm flying a 5 gram camera right now on my V929; my other camera is 3 grams. The 808 #16V2 I WANT to run is 10 grams stripped.

Just a little perspective...

mnem
You got to run on any heavy fuel...
mnemennth is offline Find More Posts by mnemennth
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:38 AM
Deribas05
Russian Federation, Moscow, g. Moskva
Joined Apr 2012
3 Posts
Hello, Picofly! My name is Dmitry (Deribas05) ... I am very interested in how you're from a small helicopter made ​​a miracle ... I have a Walkera 4G6S (I had already booked and waiting for upgrade to 2C (7,4 V)) and the transmitter 2801-pro and I want to repeat your experience, but the time comes and I want to ask your advice ... What electronics do you recommend to buy, to install it on my 4G6S for flight FPV ... This includes - camera, transmitter, receiver, receiving and transmitting antennas
(all saiogo low weight), FPVvideoochki (your preference) ... Excuse me for my English, I am writing to you through a translator ... I live in Moscow and, with pleasure, I want to take your experience, if you want to share it ...
Sincerely, Dmitry (Deribas05)
Deribas05 is offline Find More Posts by Deribas05
Last edited by Deribas05; Feb 13, 2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:45 PM
Joined Jan 2008
1,765 Posts
Just a little FYI I ordered a couple of TX5805's from Walkera Helicopter Supply in the USA, great service got the stuff in a few days.
http://walkerahelicoptersupply.com/p...amera-tx-combo

The thing flew fine on my 120 only got maybe 100m on a good day, but tempted to hack it with a better antenna first. total system is about 9grams and remarkable noise free.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:43 AM
Joined Oct 2012
397 Posts
Picofly,
How much does the 170Fov camera weight http://www.ahdcameras.com/170-degree...el-camera.html

and how does the quality compare to the other cams ?
Summitdude is online now Find More Posts by Summitdude
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:51 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,009 Posts
Walkera is now selling FPV Googles for an extremely low price of $588

http://www.hobbyone.com.hk/cn/product.jsp?id=11406

zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:25 PM
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Jan 2008
652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summitdude View Post
Picofly,
How much does the 170Fov camera weight http://www.ahdcameras.com/170-degree...el-camera.html

and how does the quality compare to the other cams ?
The camera weights 2.5g including the wide eye lens but picture quality has been disappointing so far. It is a poor performer in dim light.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:48 PM
Joined Oct 2012
397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picofly View Post
The camera weights 2.5g including the wide eye lens but picture quality has been disappointing so far. It is a poor performer in dim light.
Ok thanks, if you find other high fov cameras pls post
I think its cool becouse the wide view and fisheye effect makes it look like seeing true a flying insect eye.
Summitdude is online now Find More Posts by Summitdude
Old Mar 02, 2013, 06:38 AM
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Jan 2008
652 Posts
I was ready to dump my 130X for good when my 3 in 1 died a week and half ago but here we go again with a new unit... If this one dies I will dump the heli for sure!

I re-located the transmitter to the back side of the frame. This time I am testing a 20mW video transmitter and a FAN-antenna from TrueRC Canada. Reception was much better this time. Too bad that range of the the 130X's receiver is so poor that I can't fly far away.

I need to tune aileron gain down. The heli shakes a lot in -10 degree celsius weather...

Blade 130X Outdoors FPV - 20mW tx & Fan antenna (2 min 21 sec)
Last edited by Picofly; Mar 03, 2013 at 03:46 AM.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:30 AM
Joined Jan 2008
1,765 Posts
Pico,

Love your positioning of the vtx, sitting under the tail servo and the antenna above. brilliant, I have been struggling with positions this makes great sense.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2013, 11:23 PM
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Jan 2008
652 Posts
The antenna looks good at the current location but the swashplate and rotor hub will block the signal when the heli flies directly towards the receiver. I have to go back with the stock plastic rotor hub because it is more RF transparent.

The next step is to boost input voltage up to 5.5V so that the transmitter will operate on 20mW power.