HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:35 AM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcsaba View Post
Have you made a cube near to the centre, and a little bit uplifted manipulator?
Indeed - I've tried at the edges of the ground plane, in the middle, manipulator not raised, manipulator raised a bit, handles tugged a little, handles tugged a lot... never any signs of a collision cube.
Norman Adlam is online now Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:16 AM
Hamburg
Joined Mar 2004
97 Posts
Please make a screencast or let me see your screen with "Teamviewer".

http://www.screenr.com/
EPPforFUN is offline Find More Posts by EPPforFUN
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:36 AM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPPforFUN View Post
Please make a screencast or let me see your screen with "Teamviewer".

http://www.screenr.com/
Here is a screencast, Harald.

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cllIDyVhHI

Interestingly, I've just got back from my friend who took the photos. He has exactly the same problem (no cube or spheres created). He doesn't have the diagnostic errors that I get.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:14 AM
Hamburg
Joined Mar 2004
97 Posts
This is mysterious, a case for the Phoenix-Support.

Otherwise I recommend to buy Reflex and to work with the highly productive tool RSK.
Last edited by EPPforFUN; Dec 13, 2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:46 AM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPPforFUN View Post
This is mysterious, a case for the Phoenix-Support.

Otherwise I recommend to buy Reflex and to work with the highly productive tool RSK.
I'm just checking on my other Win 7 machine but I suspect I'll end up asking Phoenix support.

It's quite annoying though..

(I had an older version of Reflex XTR. I hated the stupid 'red lines' in the sky, which Reflex refused to anything about. Phoenix is better as far as I'm concerned. )
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:51 AM
Hamburg
Joined Mar 2004
97 Posts
Sorry for becoming off-topic, but Reflex has added a function for deactivating the security zone. In your own sceneries you don't have to integrate the zone in any way.
I love heli-flying better in Reflex...

Good success with the cubes!!!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:51 PM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,365 Posts
Well, the latest update is that I can create cubes on my Win 7 Home Premium Sony Laptop!

So, it sort of suggests that Creator has a problem with either video chipsets, or with Win 7 versions...

(Mind you, the laptop had a couple of different 'quirks' that I hadn't seen before... Gawd - what a pile of dingos kidneys! ).
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:40 AM
Joined Jun 2007
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
Well, the latest update is that I can create cubes on my Win 7 Home Premium Sony Laptop!

So, it sort of suggests that Creator has a problem with either video chipsets, or with Win 7 versions...

(Mind you, the laptop had a couple of different 'quirks' that I hadn't seen before... Gawd - what a pile of dingos kidneys! ).
I used to have a laptop and video chipset, and a lot of problems.
I bought a desktop PC because the video processor can be replaced.
My video now is a RADEON 5750, it is perfect, BUT if you wish to see the stereo features you must have nVidia Video processor.
lcsaba is offline Find More Posts by lcsaba
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:01 AM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcsaba View Post
I used to have a laptop and video chipset, and a lot of problems.
I bought a desktop PC because the video processor can be replaced.
My video now is a RADEON 5750, it is perfect, BUT if you wish to see the stereo features you must have nVidia Video processor.
My desktop PC (that the cube and sphere drawing doesn't work on) is a Nvidia GeForce 9500GT.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:29 AM
Joined Jun 2007
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
My desktop PC (that the cube and sphere drawing doesn't work on) is a Nvidia GeForce 9500GT.
You have to contact Phoenix Support this is incredible.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:09 AM
Joined Jun 2007
100 Posts
As the result of our group effort the RCRC_Huntsville flying site is ready for testing.
In the ZIP file you will find a Read-me.txt, please look it through. If my Hunglish should be corrected, please do this.
There is a folder of two files.
The project file PXQ might be loaded at your PC.

I guess it is proving that inspite of deficiencies of Phoenix Creator, quite sophisticated sceneries can be made.

There are 97 objects, the last one is a dustbin inside the shed, which had to be inserted because, by chance, I deleted from the "RCRC_Huntsvillecubemap.dds" image.

Second file is a high resolution cubemap 6*2048*2048 pixels.
Would be worthwhile to compare the two cubefaces.
The use of the high resolution cubemap might degrade the FPS.

The runway is three segments. If fitting is not perfect you might find non expected collision.
Please make a screenshot, I will correct it, if I can.
The runway is covered by concrete.
EPPforFUN realised that the surface is not smooth.
The new "U Can Fly" is bumping on it, because of its small front wheel.
The stone would be smoother.
I have tested using "ice" surface, it is smooth as it should, but slippery.

http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/RCRC_Huntsville.zip
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:38 AM
Joined Jan 2010
9 Posts
New flying site

http://www.phoenix-sim-szenerien.de/English.htm

have fun.
Detlef J. is offline Find More Posts by Detlef J.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:48 AM
Foam Rules, Gravity Sucks
Bromley, England
Joined Nov 2006
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatgadget View Post
Csaba has made a postcard scenery from Budapest. If you like cramped space outdoors, then this is the one for you. There must be a hundred different things to hit here, on a hill, by an old castle, overlooking Budapest. It's very challenging/annoying/irritating/impressive! Cars in the parking lot, tourists, tall massive streetlamps, detailed trees, stairs, stairwell, fences, castle walls, kiosk. Most of it is done 3D. I never liked postcard views before, but this one is good thanks to all the details in it. It's like Seaky's woken up again from his grave.

Citadella: http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/Citadella.zip

As this is my first post in this thread, I'd like to briefly comment generally first.

A decade plus ago now for about five years I spent WAY too much time making complex animated 3D rail simulator freeware, for it to be downloaded many many thousands of times, usually without comment or thanks, also I have made sites for Phoenix (for my own use as many have copyright restrictions on the pano), so I well know:-

1. How much effort you have to put in.
2. How frustrating it can be to get no response other than the criticism of people who don't understand the pain!

Guys, you are all Heros!!

Of course, I have attached my comments to this post for a reason.

I was very very pleased to find this one, having passed the point modelled on a visit and stood and looked at that superb view. I love a challenge and that location certainly gives one or two!!

Now, that cliff drop out over the city also cries out for some slope soaring action, but I can't set it up.

That has been a frustration with many sites, which might be me missing something, and so might be recoverable, so in the hopes that something can be done that I have missed, here goes, question one..........

There is no inherent site weather set in Citadella. While I can add "My Weather", I have not found a way to get a decent uplift of wind nor add thermals if they have not been set by the originator. I can easily add wind in the direction needed, but only parallel to ground plane. I have constructed a decent slope effect in a number of sites, but only by starting in Creator with just the bare cube graphics, not an option here as to duplicate the hard work done to get all those objects working is beyond sensible or practical.

Without the Creator project files, am I right that it impossible/impractical to get uplift wind?
Bravedan is offline Find More Posts by Bravedan
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:58 AM
Joined Jun 2007
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravedan View Post
As this is my first post in this thread, I'd like to briefly comment generally first.

1. How much effort you have to put in.
2. How frustrating it can be to get no response other than the criticism of people who don't understand the pain!

Without the Creator project files, am I right that it impossible/impractical to get uplift wind?
1. No, I am frustrated seeing no reaction, first of all about Huntsville.
2. I was considering this thread as dead.
3. The upwind solution of Phoenix is extremely tricky and unbelievable.
You have to create wind areas, but this can be done at Creator level only.
I could pass to you the PXQ file, but the wind area definition is not easy, therefore I will make a new Citadella version, for you, next week.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:27 PM
Foam Rules, Gravity Sucks
Bromley, England
Joined Nov 2006
377 Posts
OK, so I have downloaded it and had a look around.........

The lighting is very good
The sky is great, artefact free, very nice to fly against.
The tree line is also very good with the tips being see through to ease the transition into the greenery.
The wire fencing is nicely done.

While generally the bumpy ground effect works well, there are some traps in the runway surface where when taxiing you can get stuck and have to "B" key out of it.

here's a couple:-

The plane is stuck on a step, throttle up and it tips and crashes. Running the other way over it works with a "bump" just like I guess intended to represent bumpy ground?

The plane is stuck even though it is on full throttle. Again, going the other way its just a bump that adds atmosphere and works well!!

Is this what you are looking for??
Bravedan is offline Find More Posts by Bravedan