HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:41 AM
Chillaxin dude!
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Joined Apr 2003
4,772 Posts
isn't that a women thing? (the syncing thing....)
BulletMaster is offline Find More Posts by BulletMaster
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:00 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletMaster View Post
isn't that a women thing? (the syncing thing....)
Wait! What! NOOOOOOO!
VooDoo Child is online now Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:12 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,567 Posts
Looked at the 5s video now, great stuff.

But I dont know if its faster then for example your 5s small prop version or geared big folders,,, but its hard to tell from a video, what do you say, maybee the high rpm from small props are missleading ..
sebbe is online now Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:49 AM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Jan 2006
1,258 Posts
Get us some sound files Bro...stationary camera in the center of the runway...make passes as close to and straight over the camera and we will get you some doppler

arcticflyer is online now Find More Posts by arcticflyer
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:11 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,567 Posts
Well, thats the problem ,its impossible to get a doppler with big folders, dont know about 7" props, the 7x10 sounds more then the 7x13, so maybee possible for the 7x10..

The best props for doppler is the small ones..

I think sound can play a big factor here, its like the turbines, just the sound of a turbine plabe flying by makes it do 250mph, but it really does 170mph...
I think the big folders like 10x23 and also the 7x13 prop on a F5D goes faster then it lookes just for the quiter sound...

I guess we need a radar gun to be sure, but I guess Doug dont care as long as he is having fun , I dont care about claimed speed much either as lon as I am happy, and I get what I want out if that setup/plane..

BUT, I can doppler, just make a straigt over the cam/close flyby, I think th 7" props ar managable do doppler..
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:29 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post

But I dont know if its faster then for example your 5s small prop version or geared big folders,,, but its hard to tell from a video, what do you say, maybee the high rpm from small props are missleading ..
Well,if you are going to ask a question like this,i will need your help with the answer......Doppler this video,you want data,lets get data Now this has been hands down the fastest,most reliable,and cost effective setup i have used direct drive (from the mind of Jackomeister) Now for the outrunner, I will tell you this,now Jens got 232mph with his Mini-Pyro on the Avionic with 2250 30 5cells with a custom prop,i was figuring i should be close with having the 2700mah 65C 5S in the Larger Swist,but his sounds a bit more powerfull then mine,not sure if it is the prop that is magic,his $500 ESC,or the airframe,or him and his guys have some magic dust ....I will be trying 6S in the Pyro as soon as i do a few mods to the motor mount.
Swist F5D on 6cells-4th of July (2 min 55 sec)
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:37 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,694 Posts
Oh,speaking of video,here is one with the Outrunner on 5S with DUP's folding 7X10's on there. The video is rough as the weather was about to get NASTY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAkDw...1&feature=plcp
Last edited by VooDoo Child; Oct 03, 2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:10 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,694 Posts
Quote:

I found something in my setup that made the Pyro VERY HAPPY.....Just hope it holds together,as it is now making monster power for it's size Video,good or bad,soon to come ....Now i have to figure out how to put a smile on my girls face,as she is not so happy about my new project,you should see the look on her face as she is washing the cutlery
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:47 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,567 Posts
Doug, I dont think it will make much sence doppler your 6s small prop video and compare to other guy in other plane and setup and he also have diferent style to reach his speeds, as you are more having fun and at the same time get great speed, that i big difference IMO... But what I do see is that the 6s small prop video looks fatser then the 5s pyro 7x10 folding one, that what it looks from in the video, but I cant say its 100% sure...

Either way, its really good that the pyro dont gets hot, stay with that motor, seems to be perfect for you. And there is also the way you are flying(like a champ ), if you look at Jens way to get speed it differs a lot, I think you could get more speed by flying it the German way , you are flying in circles, no dive, realatively small distance, and get great speeds, you could add 15mph easy by doing it the German way, that my opinion..

Im more interested what you are cocking now, and what is making your pyro very happy ? and not your girl happy
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:01 AM
Joined Dec 2008
23 Posts
here some pics of my swist with my homemade cooling

lokomimu is offline Find More Posts by lokomimu
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:10 AM
I am actually really slow
Brisbane
Joined Jun 2008
907 Posts
Wow, im sure it doesnt get hot!
SlowBarless is offline Find More Posts by SlowBarless
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber up close
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:49 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,567 Posts
Thats a big intake, hope the air gets out, how big outlet do you have ?

By the way, what setup are you running?
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:41 AM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2004
5,688 Posts
So...................does it look like outrunners might be the future for sport F5D flying??
Very impressive performance!...and a lot of the components seem to be happy Temperature wise too.
shhhhh! is offline Find More Posts by shhhhh!
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:06 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhhhh! View Post
So...................does it look like outrunners might be the future for sport F5D flying??
Very impressive performance!...and a lot of the components seem to be happy Temperature wise too.
I found ALOT more performance this morning.....Jens has been so kind to help me along Video up soon.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,694 Posts
Quote:
Doug, I dont think it will make much sence doppler your 6s small prop video and compare to other guy in other plane and setup and he also have diferent style to reach his speeds, as you are more having fun and at the same time get great speed, that i big difference IMO... But what I do see is that the 6s small prop video looks fatser then the 5s pyro 7x10 folding one, that what it looks from in the video, but I cant say its 100% sure...

Either way, its really good that the pyro dont gets hot, stay with that motor, seems to be perfect for you. And there is also the way you are flying(like a champ ), if you look at Jens way to get speed it differs a lot, I think you could get more speed by flying it the German way , you are flying in circles, no dive, realatively small distance, and get great speeds, you could add 15mph easy by doing it the German way, that my opinion..

Im more interested what you are cocking now, and what is making your pyro very happy ? and not your girl happy
Sebbe,you know the only reason i try all these setups is to keep you entertained right ? ...So last night i stayed up LATE rebuilding a new motor mount,and playing with some props,and a few other things....So here is a video of the first flight this morning,it is only 45 seconds WOT to make sure all was good....and as always,all parts came down cool to the touch,and i mean the motor was cold.The Lipo had 53% still left and also was cool to the touch,hands down the best part of using an Outrunner,not to mention,it is starting to now get the performance There was NO WIND,so the video is clean,so CRANK UP THE VOLUME.
Swist w/outrunner,found a bunch more power. (2 min 2 sec)