HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2010, 07:59 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben D Wing View Post
I don't know if you are aware, but the Blaze is available as a pure glider too so there won't be any balance issues.

Yeah I did, but thanks for the heads up. TBH I want a mouldie for the slope but don't trust myself. Still haven't been to the slope to try the Blizzard after I straightened the wing warp, but the urge to get 'something' is getting the better of me.
feefo is online now Find More Posts by feefo
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2010, 09:31 PM
Joined Dec 2005
5,408 Posts
I could stand to have one of these. I see that Tower carries some Ripmax products, wonder if they will get this one in?
Obake is offline Find More Posts by Obake
Old Mar 15, 2010, 02:42 AM
The Peak District
Joined Dec 2006
2,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feefo View Post
Yeah I did, but thanks for the heads up. TBH I want a mouldie for the slope but don't trust myself. Still haven't been to the slope to try the Blizzard after I straightened the wing warp, but the urge to get 'something' is getting the better of me.

If you did go the moulded route my humble advice would be to start with a full GRP (not carbon) kit as these are much easier to repair. The Flying Fish from T9Hobbysport would be a good starting point.....http://www.t9hobbysport.com/static/Flying_fish.asp
I've been in this hobby for 41 years and I'm still not fully relaxed when landing either my carbon Mini Blade or Micro Floh so I understand your concerns!
Ben D Wing is online now Find More Posts by Ben D Wing
Last edited by Ben D Wing; Mar 15, 2010 at 02:49 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 12:52 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,130 Posts
Flying and landing aren't the probs, ok, every now and then things go...er...not to plan on a landing, but the LZ's at Leek are tough (for me). I damaged a Graupner Chili last year due to too hot a landing (no flaps, spoilerons did bugger all except make it float past the LZ about 5mph slower). My TX started screaming LV at me and after 10mins of not being able to land it, I had to force it down

I ought to try and repair it but it's in an awkward position on the t tail and I'm not sure of the best way to do it.

Flying Fish is top of the list as a mouldie, but flaps req due to LZ I think is the best option.

Quite a few use the Mini Dragon at Leek and they rate that too. Ģ40 dearer tho.....
feefo is online now Find More Posts by feefo
Old Apr 26, 2010, 05:10 AM
Joined Dec 2007
529 Posts
Looks very interesting, but is it possible to use the original box for transport? IOW, how long time does it take to attach the wing/ V-tail?
McMoron is offline Find More Posts by McMoron
Old Apr 27, 2010, 07:35 AM
Joined Dec 2007
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMoron View Post
Looks very interesting, but is it possible to use the original box for transport? IOW, how long time does it take to attach the wing/ V-tail?
I think I can answer this myself, since I've found the manual:

http://www.hype-rc.de/shop_image/att...82f3732e75.pdf

A bit too much fiddling for a convenient on site assembly for my taste. Still, a lot better than other hotliners which are glued permanently though.
McMoron is offline Find More Posts by McMoron
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:19 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
London, UK
Joined Nov 2006
5,398 Posts
Whats the quality of the foam like on ST models? As good as Multiplex or Parkzone?
dekan is offline Find More Posts by dekan
Old Apr 28, 2010, 02:15 AM
Austria, Ried im Innkreis
Joined Apr 2007
3 Posts
I had a look on it at the exhibition in Karlsruhe, Germany and it looks very fine.
The wing seems to be very stiff. The surface is clean and the material feels strong.
So, I couldnīt resist and bought one.
I have the info that the first models will be delivered in the beginning of May and hopefully thatīs true.
Cannonball2m is offline Find More Posts by Cannonball2m
Old Apr 28, 2010, 04:12 AM
The Peak District
Joined Dec 2006
2,691 Posts
Having had 2 Blizzards (powered and slope) I still can't help feeling that MPX didn't quite get it right what with a fiddly build, the fact that the servos are fixed in permanantly and the flutter issues of course, so I'll definitely be getting one of these as a direct comparison as both my Blizzard's have now moved on to pastures new. On the whole (from the instructions) it seems to be slightly better thought out (hind sight at MPX's expense maybe?) although the cheap looking canopy lets it down IMHO, but then I suppose all kits have a minor irritation somewhere in the design.
Can't wait!
Old Apr 28, 2010, 04:44 AM
Austria, Ried im Innkreis
Joined Apr 2007
3 Posts
Yeah, the canopy looks cheap, thatīs right. Maybe I make a new one. Carbon should look like really well, instead of the plastic one.

So - PIMP MY BLAZE
Cannonball2m is offline Find More Posts by Cannonball2m
Old May 08, 2010, 11:33 AM
Sheboygan Falls, WI
Joined Nov 2006
1,729 Posts
I have the asw 28 and love it, I was thinking about getting the fox as banana hobby carries it, It seems that st is going to be carried by more than one distributer. I bought my asw from hobbycity so who knows where its going to be available here in the states.
interplanet is offline Find More Posts by interplanet
Old Jun 01, 2010, 08:32 AM
England
Joined Jul 2003
67 Posts
Stock in the UK

Ripmax say they will be in UK shops this week!
Tiffie is offline Find More Posts by Tiffie
Old Jun 02, 2010, 03:09 PM
Sheboygan Falls, WI
Joined Nov 2006
1,729 Posts
anybody see them in the us yet?
interplanet is offline Find More Posts by interplanet
Old Jun 05, 2010, 06:19 AM
The Peak District
Joined Dec 2006
2,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffie View Post
Ripmax say they will be in UK shops this week!

It's here!
http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk...d.asp?id=31862
Old Jun 05, 2010, 11:13 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
London, UK
Joined Nov 2006
5,398 Posts
I'm picking mine up asap. The LHS had 3 today sold 2 already...
dekan is offline Find More Posts by dekan