SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:23 AM
Joined Apr 2009
78 Posts
Question
Futaba T8FG and naza v2 questions

Is anyone using this setup? I'm using an r617fs rx too and can't get the motors to arm. From what I've read it could be an end point adjustment issue. Could someone post theirs? When I try to arm the motors the led flashes several times green which makes me think it worked but the motors still won't start.
I also read that some esc's are not compatible with the naza, I'm using Turnigy 20 amp, don't recall the model number off the top of my head.
thanks in advance for any help.
PS, I have been through the setup assistant a few times and everything else I believe is working correctly.
PAINLESS3 is offline Find More Posts by PAINLESS3
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2014, 01:17 PM
United States, SC, Lexington
Joined May 2014
147 Posts
Have you done throttle range calibration on your escs direct thru the receiver? Most NAZA arming issues I've seen occur when escs aren't calibrated. The green flashing LED indicates GPS lock and throttle midpoint only and has nothing to do with arming status.
BuffaloJustin is online now Find More Posts by BuffaloJustin
Old Nov 12, 2014, 01:33 PM
Joined Apr 2009
78 Posts
I originally built and flew this quad with a KK board and calibrated them with it. then swapped out the KK for the naza and gps. I did run the motors individually just through the rx and they worked fine although 3 had the brake on and one didn't. I can fix that.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 10:34 PM
United States, TX, Sugar Land
Joined May 2014
168 Posts
Painless did you check to make sure the channels are mapped correctly? I want to say I had to reverse at least one to match what the Naza expected - maybe pitch?
SystemsGuy is offline Find More Posts by SystemsGuy
Old Nov 17, 2014, 02:28 PM
Joined Apr 2009
78 Posts
All the sliders move correctly in the program. I think I had to reverse one of them but I did it on the radio. I was out of town last weekend and was thinking I had not set the fail safe yet. Could that prevent the motors from arming?