HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2014, 12:14 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Complaint
Can we do something about this please?

Member stevenjohnsen has been called out many times as being the same person as Victory Pete who was perma-banned form the site in February of 2013. This member has repeatedly stirred up drama at RCGroups and is one of the biggest trolls I have seen. Seeing as though he is a banned member, then I would assume that he is "open game" to calling him a TROLL based on the site rules. I would like to see this member banned for good and his IP blocked. I know he'll be back, but allowing him to continue to participate here just makes things worse for everyone involved. I'll post some evidence below that proves stevenjohnsen is, in fact Victory Pete. These similarities are are far too common to even question.

1: stevenjohnsen joined RCGroups on the same day that Victory Pete was last active.

2: the most active topic for both parties is identical

3: they seem to share the same images to insult people and call them crazy

4: they both have the same high quality work bench that is often used by a luthier (guitar builder). This table is also shown in photos on the "Victory Guitar Shop" (located in RI) Facebook page which is run by "Victory Pete"

5: they both just so happen to take all of their photos with a Ryobi RP4200 camera (not a common camera at all)

6: they have been caught saying the same sayings

7: I'd be willing to bet, that if you looked at stevenjohnsen's IP address, that it points to Rhode Island (Victory Pete's state) and not Indiana where he claims he is from

He's been reported in the past, and I'm not going to report him now. You guys can do the right thing, or ignore it, it's in your hands.

Best Regards,
-Steve

ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2014, 01:51 PM
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,623 Posts
Thanks for the post. We'll look into it.
Jason Cole is online now Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
Old May 19, 2014, 06:15 AM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Need more proof? "stevenjohnsen" claims to live in IN, but a picture he took while flying this weekend and posted was taken in RI based on the GPS data in its EXIF data.

His post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=147

And the picture:
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400494525.467735.jpg
Views: 53
Size: 196.4 KB
Description:
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:01 AM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Any update? Should we take this as an indication that it's ok to get perma-banned from the forum and come back as an alias, lie about who you are, and continue with the same irrational behavior?
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:13 AM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,623 Posts
It's under investigation.
Administrator
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:28 AM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Seriously, Jason? It took me very little time to figure out who he is, and I've provided you with pretty indisputable proof. I've seen you guys perma-ban members for much less. Do I need to go take a picture of him posting from the "stevenjohnsen" account at his guitar shop to get this taken care of? He irritates a lot of people here on a daily basis.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:44 AM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Should I also point out that he used another variation of the same username and got banned (again)?

Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:47 AM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,623 Posts
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Administrator
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:57 AM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
What else would you like for me to provide you with? I'm curious about what more you guys need for proof to get rid of this guy. I know he'll be back again under a new name like "petejohnsen", "petejohnson", "electricalexpert", or something completely off the wall. But letting him keep accounts active, just because hell be back, does little more than tell him his behavior is acceptable.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:26 PM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,623 Posts
I've sent this info to our guys who can look into this. When we have sufficient evidence a user has created a new account to troll with we can then take action. Until that point we cannot.
Administrator
Old Jun 15, 2014, 08:52 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Not that you guys care...

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402879552.579547.jpg
Views: 44
Size: 153.7 KB
Description:
Exeter-West Greenwich Youth Soccer Association (EWG Soccer) serves Exeter, West Greenwich, and nearby communities in rural south-central Rhode Island. (Real close to Victory Pete and really far from Indiana. Oh, and would you look at that! Their annual meeting is THIS TUESDAY.
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402879566.319383.jpg
Views: 30
Size: 100.5 KB
Description:
Oh, look at that! A "well cluttered cell tower" to the left of the field!
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402879574.877016.jpg
Views: 31
Size: 208.4 KB
Description:

I have no idea why he's getting a free pass here, but it's obvious that he is. I got dinged for "Trolling: Provocation" within minutes of submitting a post the other day, yet every one of his posts that have been reported have not received infractions.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 09:59 AM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,623 Posts
We do care and have been watching. If the mods did not warn any of those posts that were reported, then that means they did not think those posts broke any site rules. If you still believe posts are breaking a site rule and did not get warned, then you can create an appeal for each post.
Administrator
Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:24 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Same old, same old, Jason. Please change my username to "ClosedAccount" and then close my account. This site has a lot of issues, the moderation is a joke, and I no longer want to be a part of it.