HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2014, 08:50 AM
above us only sky
United States, SC, Greenville
Joined Jan 2006
850 Posts
I'm down with the sickness. And down to only three Icons on the ready line until I can land a plush 40.
I was leaning toward yet another UMX Icon, using the windfall from the sale of my "spare" NIB PNP. But a new DX6 won the toss.
Now they're on sale. Hmmm…
Still loving the Icon. Come on, PZ, lets see the V2!
Renfield is offline Find More Posts by Renfield
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2014, 09:36 AM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renfield View Post
I'm down with the sickness. And down to only three Icons on the ready line until I can land a plush 40.
I was leaning toward yet another UMX Icon, using the windfall from the sale of my "spare" NIB PNP. But a new DX6 won the toss.
Now they're on sale. Hmmm…
Still loving the Icon. Come on, PZ, lets see the V2!
Yah, if you are married to Spektrum that's a good radio. If not, Taranis!

I have 2.5 full size Icon's with 2 UMX and I love the form factor!

One of the FS may be relegated to an FPV mule!

The plush 40 ran a treat BTW!

If we get much more rain I MAY put flaps on the one of 'em!

All the best!

b
rikybob is online now Find More Posts by rikybob
Old Sep 20, 2014, 03:47 PM
above us only sky
Joined Jan 2006
850 Posts
Hey Brian,
I'm not sure how deep the commitment runs with Spektrum, but my poor old DX6i is pretty beaten. If I were an NFL player, I'd definitely be looking at a suspension.

It seems like a pretty good radio so far. I was able to download setup files for several planes plus the 350qx. I was dreading having to recreate those from scratch. SD cards should've been standard looong ago. Sadly, the UM Icon wasn't there.

Props to HH also for sending me the FREE receiver for the promotion that started two days after I ordered the 6. Top notch customer service.

Cheers!
g
Old Sep 20, 2014, 04:47 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renfield View Post
Hey Brian,
I'm not sure how deep the commitment runs with Spektrum, but my poor old DX6i is pretty beaten. If I were an NFL player, I'd definitely be looking at a suspension.

It seems like a pretty good radio so far. I was able to download setup files for several planes plus the 350qx. I was dreading having to recreate those from scratch. SD cards should've been standard looong ago. Sadly, the UM Icon wasn't there.

Props to HH also for sending me the FREE receiver for the promotion that started two days after I ordered the 6. Top notch customer service.

Cheers!
g

They DO have unbeatable customer service!

I killed a UMX Icon A5 all in one card. Bought a new one and b/c they didn't have the right software available to program the card they sent me a whole new bird!

I figured them out.

Its built in to their price.

They are fairly expensive for their product and many of the same are hit and miss so they compensate by having good customer service.

Speaking of which...take your old DX6i and send it back when you are done programming the new and the will R/R it for you!

You gotta like that!

b
Old Sep 20, 2014, 08:17 PM
above us only sky
Joined Jan 2006
850 Posts
They've always done me right at HH. Like Apple, that's built into the price no doubt.

I just replaced a busted antenna from when I fell on it, and there's a missing (broken) trim switch from me over torquing it. Poor ol' girl missing some teeth. I can reach in with a toothpick and change trim. Then there was the time it slipped into the footwell of the sea doo and went underwater. Tough old bird.

Good to know they'll referb her, thanks! I like having a backup.

g
Old Sep 21, 2014, 02:43 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,195 Posts
Did some back yard flyin'!

There is more on my channel!

Enjoy!

b

Lake Maggiore from air #1 (11 min 4 sec)

Lake Maggiore flight #1 (8 min 18 sec)