HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 14, 2012, 08:46 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON View Post
http://www.teamhard.com/ they make a bunch of funny stuff. Check out the site for a few laughs. I thought the colors matched the Edge nicely. Guy at works has some of the more interesting ones on his truck and toolbox.

tominator06 great flying there bro. Double tail touch at about 1:40 was exciting.
Yup...funny stuff.....but the got one of the sayings wrong....Should be A$$, Gas or Grass....nobody rides for free!! That is a very old saying....

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:59 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,142 Posts
Well, I am no longer an edgeless man... I repo-ed the plane today after not getting paid for 4 months. Learned a lesson... wish I'd have kept the plane and a friend. It makes me sad that he would be so dishonest with me.

It looks like this now... Repairs on the way and it will be as good as new...
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:03 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Well, I am no longer an edgeless man... I repo-ed the plane today after not getting paid for 4 months. Learned a lesson... wish I'd have kept the plane and a friend. It makes me sad that he would be so dishonest with me.

It looks like this now... Repairs on the way and it will be as good as new...
I don't know Nate.... I think you ought to take that plane back and beat $300.00 out of him with it!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:54 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,142 Posts
Haha... nah... I'm not even going to share his rcg handle with you. I just won't trust him again and it will be tough for him to even hang around me at all. He needs to make some efforts to make this right. Either way, I'm glad to have it to a conclusion. It has been bugging me to some degree or another ever since he lied to me the first time.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:01 AM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Haha... nah... I'm not even going to share his rcg handle with you. I just won't trust him again and it will be tough for him to even hang around me at all. He needs to make some efforts to make this right. Either way, I'm glad to have it to a conclusion. It has been bugging me to some degree or another ever since he lied to me the first time.
That is why when I sell something I demand the money before I give them the plane or part.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:18 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,142 Posts
Well... trust me man I thought about it. I had sold him a few things where he paid me no problem. I figured he wouldn't screw me but I was wrong. I guess I'm not a good judge of character...
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:19 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddict View Post
That is why when I sell something I demand the money before I give them the plane or part.
Yeah.....but when the guy is a friend you sometimes cut them a little slack, which might come back and bite you in the arse....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:22 AM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,448 Posts
Just wrong, you extend a plane to a guy, he crashes it and then doesn't want to pay. What goes around comes around, and he has his coming, believe me.

Truly not a friend
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:22 AM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Yeah.....but when the guy is a friend you sometimes cut them a little slack, which might come back and bite you in the arse....

SteveT
I understand, but friend or no friend when It comes to money I am vary particular with it. And I always assure I am paid, or no deal. just something to keep in mind next time.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:25 AM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
Just wrong, you extend a plane to a guy, he crashes it and then doesn't want to pay. What goes around comes around, and he has his coming, believe me.

Truly not a friend
Wow, he crashed it on you to. I would at least try and force him to buy you a new air frame. Though there really is no way to force him to, that situation really stinks, hopefully there is a lesson learned in all of it though, and it will not happen again.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:27 AM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,448 Posts
On a side note and I'm sure most of you feel this way, I flew my edge yesterday for the first time in about a month, and that thing is like cheating, it may not be the best at somethings, but it is good at everything and so easy, glad you got your edge back
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:30 AM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,692 Posts
Ya, I really like how this plane will lock into a harrier practically hands off with zero wing rock. And I finally got it to do KE spins now that I moved my battery back a little and add a little left aileron.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 04:19 AM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,156 Posts
That was a raw deal on your blue Edge. Been bunt like that myself several times, but usually only by family. Sold a 72 Chevy to a cousin years ago. Gave him a great deal cause he was family. He paid me 200 dollars down and agreed to pay me each month. Month later no cousin, car or more money. He took the car to Florida, wreaked it got thrown in jail and the car impounded. Long story short I never got paid another cent, never got the car back, or any I'm sorry or even much of an explanation. That was 25 years ago and if I am at some family function he won't show up or if he is there and I show up he leaves.

Back to the Edge I might have a few things off of my crunched blue one to help. Will check if you need me to.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:11 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,142 Posts
Marco I appreciate that. It is really sad what screwing somebody does to a relationship. Especially with family. Oh well, I stayed up late and...

I relied on a scant bit of balsa in the relevant areas and the holes in the covering. Everything lined up pretty well. Cutting in the new balsa for the sides was the main challenge. Then adding in the ply to reinforce the wing tube and bolt areas was a tad bit tricky. All in all not a bad night's work. I started at about 11:00 pm and it's then after 3:00 now. I just couldn't sleep until it was done haha. I still have to straighten out the covering on the sides of the fuse and I haven't decided whether I'm going to try and fix the left aileron or not... It isn't going to hurt much being left how it is with just the very end crunched in a bit. Anyway... I don't feel so bad now I'll just pray it flies halfway decent now
Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:03 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
That is some pretty good work there. Might be a bit heavier but she should fly again. Good job.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34