HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:52 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
I saw that you used it on page 5, post 69 but it was listed as Epoxie-mite 101 and I had a heckuva a time finding it. That's why I made the post with the link. The older I get the more I seem to gravitate toward civilian aircraft that fly like their real prototypes. Even if it's a CAP 231 or Edge 540 I prefer to see them flown like the full scale version. I once worked on some IAC competition planes that went to the Worlds Aerobatic Competition.

Have you done anything else on the aircraft? Although it's been a while since the thread was active, I just ran across it today. I've read the entire thread while taking breaks from work around the house. As consistent as the rolls are on takeoff, I would look really hard first at the flaps for asymmetrical deployment causing asymmetrical lift and then, as you have said and cheat the balance forward a hair. I think the takeoff speed is low in the videos. Does the wing, with the plane sitting on a level surface, have a positive angle of attack? That could cause early liftoff that I wouldn't really consider to be rotation. I've seen trainers do that when new builders had the nose gear too long. If I build a tricycle gear plane I like for the wing to have just the slightest negative AOA so it doesn't float or bounce so badly on an otherwise good landing. I also think the suggestion to go to 2 blade props until you get this sorted out has merit.

APC lists 10x8 (glow) pushers and 11x8, 12x8 and 13x8 electric pushers so you could have counter-rotating props for testing purposes, just to eliminate prop torque from the equation.

Your airplanes are beautiful and I wish you the best in having successful flights.

David
David your kind words are VERY appreciated Sir! I think I simple rotated WAAAY to soon on takeoff causing a stall, Miss Sabena is fully repaired and should be out there again soon!
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts