HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:38 PM
Ricky Windsock
USA, FL, Sanford
Joined Nov 2008
1,605 Posts
Alert
Tonite is the big draw in the monster Raffle - winners posted here.

Hey guys and gals,
The worlds are over and your US F3B team did their country proud with a podium finish of Bronze for the Team. You will see a report in the soaring column Model Aviation soon.
tonight is the big draw where you might get a share of the biggest bunch of F3B sailplanes and gear ever raffled. Live on the RC Radio Network Show. At 8:30pm Eastern.
http://rcradionetwork.com/

We are still trying to make sure the expenses of getting our quality US Team to Germany for the World Championships are covered. Once again the amazing support of vendors in USA has seen the US F3B Team put together a fabulous Raffle. There are some great prizes to be won with two complete ready to fly FOSA's or your choice - 2 X (3.8 X2 Spread Tow Xplorers) from Soaring USA , 2 complete SD10G Radios and a bunch of servos and more from Airtronics, the fabulous new JR DX18 radio Tx from Horizon Hobby, a whole boat load of the best servos in the world from MKS Servos USA. There is lots more too from many other generous sponsors.the Raffle webpage and check it out here. It is an amazing amount of quality stuff.

Buy tickets here at the Team store and get in early for the most chances to win. You can pay with Credit card or Paypal or send a check.

Subscribe to this thread as we will be announcing more prizes and other exciting news as we go along.

Grab some tickets now and good luck. Support your National Team.
Gordon
F3B Team Manager
aussief3b is offline Find More Posts by aussief3b
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by aussief3b; Sep 03, 2013 at 08:05 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:45 PM
in the air
in the air
Joined Aug 2006
127 Posts
where are the T-Shirts!
go team USA
THE EYE is offline Find More Posts by THE EYE
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:55 AM
Ricky Windsock
USA, FL, Sanford
Joined Nov 2008
1,605 Posts
They are coming sir! Stay tuned
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:48 AM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EYE View Post
where are the T-Shirts!
go team USA
You mean sweet Team Jerseys!
djklein21 is offline Find More Posts by djklein21
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:34 PM
Eggcellent...
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2006
2,461 Posts
I put a C-note down last week.

Tom
tewatson is online now Find More Posts by tewatson
Old Mar 07, 2013, 03:43 PM
Joined Nov 2004
2,075 Posts
Go USA! Jerseys will be ready for ordering in about a week. They will be available on the team site. We will take pre-orders for about a month or so. We will be ordering jerseys based on what we have sold. Please stay tuned. As soon as I have an image of what the Jersey will look like, And who are generous sponsors will be, I will post it right here on this thread and Gordon will be putting them on the team site. Please put in your pre-orders as soon as that happens. The sooner we get everyone's order in the sooner we can order jerseys.
Kyle Paulson is offline Find More Posts by Kyle Paulson
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:40 AM
Ricky Windsock
USA, FL, Sanford
Joined Nov 2008
1,605 Posts
Free 50% off Gift Certificates from Castle Creations.

Gentlemen and Ladies,
If you are planning to buy anything electric for ALES or F5B Hotliners etc. Now would be the time to grab a free Certificate from Castle Creations for 50% off.
The next 10 ticket buyers in our giant raffle who purchase $100 or more in tickets will get a free Castle Creations 50% 0ff gift certificate sent in the mail immediately.
That makes you an instant winner in our huge raffle which is constantly growing.

(We added two Real Flight 6.5 Flight Simulators this week from Great Planes, Hobbico and Graves RC Hobbies.)

Go here to buy your tickets today!
Support your National F3B Team!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:19 PM
Ricky Windsock
USA, FL, Sanford
Joined Nov 2008
1,605 Posts
Just a few 50% off Vouchers left!

There are still a few 50% off vouchers available.
Grab a hunskie worth of tickets and go shopping at Castle Creations for half price.
Grab your tickets now here..
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 31, 2013, 11:11 AM
Joined Nov 2004
2,075 Posts
How was the practice yesterday guys ? What did you guys work on? Where did you fly?

Interested, inquiring minds want to know :-)

Kyle
Old Apr 01, 2013, 03:28 AM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,527 Posts
Well, it was a humbling weekend of flying.

Saturday we flew in Perris, Ca near Riverside. Don Sciegle, Tim Traver, Tom Kiesling and myself got together. Don was the only one on time, as the rest of us got a late start around 9:45am. It was a tough day with very little wind and very unpredictable thermal activity. We didn't fly faster than low to mid 15s all day with mostly 16 and 17 second runs. I had a lot of trouble late in the day which was traced to a drifting servo.We flew speed practice all day. Tom and I flew 2 different variations. The first was just alternating speed attempts competing for time against each-other. We alternate to reduce the variability in conditions between the two pilots for better comparison. Next we switched to what we call 4 minute drills. In this drill, we give eachother a full four minute slot to pull off our best time. We will actually abort launches, and relaunch... This helps with learning to manage window time, predict the best air slot, and perform when you have too. You get less repetition on the course, but you test your strategy skills. We flew till about 4pm.

Tom, Tim, and I got together on Easter Sunday for some more practice in Poway CA (Northeast San Diego). We flew speed practice all day. I had replaced the ruddervator servo that was giving me issues the previous day, but after a couple flights discovered a loose ruddervator horn. I switched up to my blue FS4 and bombed away. It is amazing how much better a model with crisp surfaces flies

Tom and I were getting down on each other for cutting a bunch of our first runs, until I discovered we had miss aligned the base B sighting device. I still cut a run or two, but nothing by more than a half a span. We flew from 8:30 till 2:30 in super light conditions with tall weeds dragging on our lines. Again 1.05 speed line and 1.12 mega line was more than strong enough. I don't think we broke any lines today, and certainly didn't break any speed records as we didn't fly faster than 15.XX all day.

Good, humbling practice in weak conditions really focuses you to work on the fundamentals and the details. We will be getting in a lot more this spring/summer.

Another training session is already scheduled for next Saturday.

David.
teamusaf3b.com

So training
Old Apr 01, 2013, 04:54 PM
Joined Nov 2004
2,075 Posts
Great! Thanks for the cool update.

Did you guys notice any difference in launch with the 1.05
vs the 1.12 line?

K
Old Apr 01, 2013, 05:07 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,315 Posts
Kyle,

The conditions were so variable it was impossible to tell. I will say I have been impressed with the 1.05. It has held up better than I would have thought in moderate conditions.. We have some 1.02 megaline we are going to test next time we have light conditions.

Tom
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Apr 01, 2013, 05:09 PM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,527 Posts
Well, we wont use any of our altimeter data to draw any conclusions. too many variables on the field. Next weekend we will be testing in the early am at Perris. Testing 1.02, 1.05, and 1.12

Our work with the light lines has changed my mind on a few things. The stuff is a lot stronger than I used to think. We are so much better at winch alignment, and flying on cleaner fields....that the line lasts a lot better than it used to a few years ago. I think having the control to be smooth with the launch helps too. So far we are really liking the 1.05, just from a gut feel.
Old Apr 01, 2013, 09:47 PM
Joined Nov 2004
2,075 Posts
Great info dudes.
Old Apr 09, 2013, 11:08 AM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,527 Posts
We had another great team practice this weekend. We all met in Cal Valley California, just south of San Luis Obisbo. Just over a 4 hour drive for everyone. Darrell Zabolloa, David Klein, Tom Kiesling and Don Scegiel all met at about 9am on the field. Cal Valley again eluded forecasts and had the opposite wind conditions and light winds versus the heavy winds forecasted. Darrell was out flying mostly his Fosa Lift with a brief appearance by his Fosa, Tom flew his Fosa, Don the Precision, and I flew my trusty FS4.

Darrell may have snagged fast time of the day with a mid 13.XX. tom flew the final run of the day with a 13.8X and I couldn't break past 14.0X.

We are planning a weekend training session in Perris CA May 11th and 12th. We might try and twist some arms for volunteers to help us as we would like to get in a strong distance practice on one of those days.

If you are interested in a Jersey, please get your order in soon. We are only selling these on a pre-order basis, so once we order them, that is it. Check em out on our website.

www.teamusaf3b.com