HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:12 PM
Joined Dec 2010
6 Posts
Discussion
Banana Hobby A-10 warthog 70MM

1. Landing gear is very poorly glued in place from the factory. Just making the FIRST left hand turn, the glue gave way, not one flight!!!!

2. Wing to Fusalage mounts are another poor design, the small nuts were not glued in place, the hole above the nuts were smaller than the screw size AND were offcenter.

3. The nose gear is has VERY loose steering and very hard to hold centerline.

4. ALL glue joints were well below par for ANY model of this type or size.

Fot the amount of money you pay, your getting about 1/4 the product and ALL the work.

Thanks so very much Banana Hobby!!!
breagler is offline Find More Posts by breagler
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:21 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi breagler! Please understand that this is a hobby and that you may at times be required to do some modifications that may include but is not limited to cutting, gluing, soldering, or other types of adjustments to your item before it can be operated. Should you feel that you require additional assistance with assembly, please feel free to submit an inquiry to Technical Support and/or let me know so I can arrange for a technician to get in touch with you. Thanks! -Seba
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:18 PM
Joined Mar 2013
1 Posts
Question regarding A-10

Hi,
Thank you for the tips. I too bought the A-10 70mm, have not flown it yet because the instruction booklet is very poor at best. I will re glue all landing gears before flight. I think I got the CG part worked out, but I do not know what the throws are on the surfaces because there is nothing in the instruction booklet. Can you advise?I did email Banana Hobby and have yet to hear anything back from them.
star2012 is offline Find More Posts by star2012
Old Apr 01, 2013, 03:55 AM
United States, MD, Clinton
Joined Oct 2010
1,002 Posts
It's common to use different glue than is given in the package as its like some kind of putty instead of glue. I use gorrilla glue and ca glue for these planes as you can run into issues like described. Yes it is stupid and sucks, but its china stuff.... :/ After using quality things it does go well afterwards. For some reason I like to think of it as a test of sorts. The person that is not that interested would buy one and move on, whereas the real interested person would take his/her time with each part and make it work right as it is an aircraft that flies fast.
houstonderk is offline Find More Posts by houstonderk
Old Apr 01, 2013, 01:58 PM
Joined Mar 2013
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by star2012 View Post
Hi,
Thank you for the tips. I too bought the A-10 70mm, have not flown it yet because the instruction booklet is very poor at best. I will re glue all landing gears before flight. I think I got the CG part worked out, but I do not know what the throws are on the surfaces because there is nothing in the instruction booklet. Can you advise?I did email Banana Hobby and have yet to hear anything back from them.
Good Morning Star2012,

Can you please provide your order number so I may check on your inquiry and arrange to have a technician contact you.

-Renee
BH CSR Renee is offline Find More Posts by BH CSR Renee