HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 18, 2012, 06:48 PM
Joined Feb 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
Wiring eagle tree e-logger v4 for boat

I have a V4 150 volt e-logger for my Apparition SAW boat & need some help with the wiring for a 250+ amp setup. Here's what I have been told:

Loop 12 gauge wires - both red & black - from the ET ESC side directly to the battery, side bypassing the ET board completely. This will bypass current - about 1/2 and llet the ET run cooler AND double the amp rating to 300 amps.

Then you have to measure the amps with a clamp on amp meter around the batt leads - run the system for about 15 seconds to log the data and compare the amp readings between the amp meter and ET amp log. The ET will have a amp reading about 1/2 that of the clamp on meter.

Connect the ET to your computer, go to "advanced programming", click on "calibrate volts and amps", and enter the amp meter readings & actual voltage readings in the appropriate boxes, and "save".

The result is a 300 Amp capable ET V4 e-logger.

What I need is a wiring diagram of this setup. HELP, PLEASE. JIM
JIM MARCUM is offline Find More Posts by JIM MARCUM
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2012, 06:29 PM
Saline, MI
Joined Jul 2006
300 Posts
This question gets asked a lot. I'm inserting a picture and an attachment here that I created to help explain. Hopefully the forum won't bash the picture too much, but if it does, look at the attachement.

Dave
dhares is offline Find More Posts by dhares
Old Feb 19, 2012, 06:56 PM
Joined Feb 2012
2 Posts
Eagle tree wiring

Thanks!!! That clears up the wiring bypass. Just to be shure I got it right - after adding the extra wires, you then plug the Loggers' ESC lead to the ESC, & same for the batt leads? JIM
JIM MARCUM is offline Find More Posts by JIM MARCUM
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:01 AM
Saline, MI
Joined Jul 2006
300 Posts
Yes, that's right. Most of the time I do not unplug my logger from the ESC, just from the battery for charging.
dhares is offline Find More Posts by dhares