SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 10, 2015, 07:51 AM
Find More Posts by Beaves
Fly The Friendly Skies
United States, TN, Brentwood
Joined Apr 2013
2,412 Posts
That's a good question Updraft. Basically the same weight, they both call for 2s only, but the hextronix says it can handle a lot more current. The Turnigy has been proven successful on a 3s system, I don't know about the Hextronix. If you've searched this thread and see that others have used this motor, I'd be inclined to give it a try just based on comparing the numbers.
In the end, it's probably same-same. If you can't find where others have used this motor on a 3S, I'd go with the proven Turnigy. You'll be running these things at high throttle a lot, so it really tests the capabilities of these little motors.
Beaves is offline Find More Posts by Beaves
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2015, 10:26 AM
Find More Posts by Murman
Someone get me a ladder!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,253 Posts
Wow, they've raised the price. If I'm not mistaken, I think I paid around $7 for the last few I've purchased.
To answer your question, I've run the Turnigys on 4s with no problems. I'd stick with that one to be safe.
Murman is offline Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2015, 05:14 PM
Find More Posts by Hance
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Updraft67 View Post
I have been following this thread for a long time. A couple of buddies and I are going to put a couple of these together for a little friendly racing. We are going with the 30amp Plush ESC and the 850 3s HK Nano Tech battery My question is about the motor do we want the HexTronix

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_3000kv.html

Or the Turnigy version.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_3000kv.html
Odds are the Plush will not work with the 2730-3000 been there done that. I am the one that basically came up with the now default adrenaline rush power system. You need the Turnigy AE-25 or AE-30 esc. The plush will loose sync.
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance
Old Feb 10, 2015, 06:49 PM
Find More Posts by Updraft67
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Mar 2014
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hance View Post
Odds are the Plush will not work with the 2730-3000 been there done that. I am the one that basically came up with the now default adrenaline rush power system. You need the Turnigy AE-25 or AE-30 esc. The plush will loose sync.
Hance,

Thanks for the update. For some reason I thought the Plush was a workable ESC. I just can't seem to find a solid posting to lean me towards the Hextronix motor or the Turnigy.
Updraft67 is online now Find More Posts by Updraft67
Old Feb 10, 2015, 06:54 PM
Someone get me a ladder!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hance View Post
I've never had that issue and I've been using the Plush and Hobbywing Pentiums (same esc, different names) on mine since the beginning.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2015, 09:28 AM
Find More Posts by King of Plane
Micro collector :+)
Joined May 2008
511 Posts
I bought the Hextronik motor because it was available in the US.
It came in silver color. I see one difference is that the Hex doesn't come with the connecting hardware. No big deal as mine will be assembled and hard wired with the shortest possible leads.

Haven't tried it yet to see if the smoke comes out upon startup LOL
King of Plane is offline Find More Posts by King of Plane
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:26 PM
Find More Posts by Hance
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murman View Post
I've never had that issue and I've been using the Plush and Hobbywing Pentiums (same esc, different names) on mine since the beginning.
It might actually be my altitude Murman. I live and fly at 5000+ feet above sea level and there is a marked difference in performance of planes here versus say 1000 feet above sea level or less. More air to bite into means less RPMS down there. If it was close to the edge of loosing sync there the extra RPM's at high altitude like I live at might push it over the edge. Just a theory/guess. I do know I tried a couple of the PLUSH esc's and got the timing loss screech coming out of the motor no matter what I set the timing too.
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance
Old Feb 13, 2015, 07:43 AM
Find More Posts by Updraft67
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Mar 2014
199 Posts
I have had the Turnigy 2730 3000K motor and the Plush ESC sitting here for a while waiting to get started building. I guess I am just second guessing myself given some people use the Plush and some use the AE-30. I have over $780.00 worth of product coming in from HobbyKing from both the US warehouse and International warehouse. I realized I left a couple of things out of my orders by accident so while I am at it I might as well just pick up a couple of each of the two motors and a couple each of the Plush and AE-30's that way we have them to play with.
Updraft67 is online now Find More Posts by Updraft67
Old Feb 18, 2015, 02:12 AM
Find More Posts by Blaser
Joined Mar 2012
313 Posts
ae30 work great small and is flat for easer mounting because I mounted the rx on top of it
if you run the 5.2x5.2 prop the 860 a 45c to handle the 31amp draw .86x 45c=38.7 amp max that =79 sec of run time flat out

but you can run a smaller prop (slower under a 100mph) might be better and more fun
Blaser is offline Find More Posts by Blaser
Last edited by Blaser; Feb 18, 2015 at 02:17 AM.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 07:35 AM
Find More Posts by JohnsPop
LaGrange, GA
Joined Jun 2009
1,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Updraft67 View Post
I have over $780.00 worth of product coming in from HobbyKing from both the US warehouse and International warehouse.
Merry belated Christmas!
JohnsPop is offline Find More Posts by JohnsPop
Old Mar 16, 2015, 12:52 AM
Joined Mar 2012
313 Posts
found a great setup for the kit plane I used the 3000kv motor and a 2s pack and a 5.5x5.5 prop like 80 mph
Old Mar 16, 2015, 07:53 AM
Find More Posts by Jezzejamez
United States, MI, Commerce Charter Township
Joined Oct 2013
2,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaser View Post
found a great setup for the kit plane I used the 3000kv motor and a 2s pack and a 5.5x5.5 prop like 80 mph

Any video, I'm wanting to try my hands at this puppy...
Jezzejamez is online now Find More Posts by Jezzejamez
Old Mar 17, 2015, 01:06 AM
Joined Mar 2012
313 Posts
no I only have a go pro and it's to wide angle
this is a fun plane and with the two cell it's light and fast
3s was just two fast for the frame
Old Mar 17, 2015, 06:00 AM
Someone get me a ladder!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaser View Post
...3s was just two fast for the frame
Since when? Most of us are using 3s with that setup and a couple of us even tried 4s. I didn't get much more speed from 4s so I went back to using 3s to save weight and drag.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:58 PM
Joined Mar 2012
313 Posts
I'm getting way over 100mph on police radar set up at post #1760
and over 80 on 2s
strait line is ok but it loads up like a spring in hard turns and un loads unpredictably
2s is so much fun and fast