Old Nov 03, 2010, 06:17 AM
Find More Posts by Melnic
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Discussion
Phoenix (Phantom) 6010 3ch micro coax with gyro

Just got heli in. Flown it now about 5 times and I'm impress at how 3CH helis have evolved. I've had airhogs and other 2ch and 3ch helis as well as an MSR. While this is no MSR, it's still kinda fun to fly. Unlike the old 3ch helis, the tail fan actually works and does not make the heli spin uncontrollably like what I've had before. The built in gyro is VERY noticable. After trimming the tail, the heli stops on a dime.

The flight time has been about 8 minutes and using the included USB charging chord it takes about 20 minutes. I have yet to charge via the transmitter power chord.

Here is a review on it:
Phoenix 3ch heli review

Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Last edited by Melnic; Nov 07, 2011 at 12:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2010, 06:27 AM
Find More Posts by killbucket
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Nice to hear there's good options other than the ubiquitous S107.
Even the itty-bitty's are getting gyro finally.
Gotta give them points for making those colors work, too.

Come see my HUGE 3-channel Helicopter collection!
http://www.killbuckets.com/copters.htm
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; Nov 26, 2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old Nov 03, 2010, 10:12 AM
Find More Posts by Doubletap
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
SUPER Deal yeah!?

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!that sounds good; mine is scheduled to be delivered today; I got the red one; great price for what you got yeah? The price on the Purple just went up a little the other day from $19.70 to $19.95 but still great deal especially with the free shipping; I may have to pick up that purple also.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Nov 03, 2010, 03:14 PM
Find More Posts by Bombyx
Paris, France
Joined Sep 2010
183 Posts
Interesting. I was used to seeing the Phantom 6010 with a different style of canopy (with different shape and color, and labeled as Helicox or Phoenix).

If it flies as well as in this video, it is a pretty good deal:

Helicox 6010 3-Kanal gyro (7 min 37 sec)

Could you weigh it, please? From what I have read, the Phantom 6010 would be particularly light for its size, hence a good flight time.

Note that this heli looks very similar to the new Zhengrun Z005:
http://www.zrmodel.com/en/productinfo.asp?id=45
Bombyx is offline Find More Posts by Bombyx
Last edited by Bombyx; Nov 04, 2010 at 05:34 AM.
Old Nov 03, 2010, 06:11 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Got it

My Phantom 6010 from Xheli was just delivered and it's on the supplied USB charging cord plugged into one of mine AC USB power adapters. Very sweet little package for $18.71 shipped and of course I had to pay a little sales tax as I'm in one of the states that is affected. Still an incredible deal. It's amazing what you can get for so little money.
Last edited by Doubletap; Nov 03, 2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old Nov 03, 2010, 07:22 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Woww!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a new favorite 3 channel IR controlled Sub-Micro coaxial!!!!!!! toy heli I flew this bird with my timer set for 5 minutes and I'll tell you what, this is a fabulous $20 toy heli! As one of the other members reported that the gyro action on this one is right on and the handling and control response is just right; it has a very light and agile feel on the sticks and is also very precise. It has those "thumb cup type control sticks for excellent feel/feedback. I flew a mixed routine of dozen or so complete circuits around the entire perimeter of my fairly large hobby room and then did a bunch of landings and dust offs to check out it's precision handling and it is very easy to guide with precision and one other member asking what this little guy weighs and it's outstanding performance is most likelyto a large degree because it's super fly weight of only 25 grams. although I own many other 3 channel IR coaxial toy helis with gyros including the popular Syma s107 but this one is clearly my favorite now and because I was so impressed with this very cheap but very nice performing toy heli, I immediately just now went ahead and ordered the other purple colored one because I can see that I will get lots of use with this little model so I want to have another so I can distribute the wear over both so neither will wear out prematurely.
Last edited by Doubletap; Nov 03, 2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old Nov 03, 2010, 11:04 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
There is another button on the 6010 Transmitter right above the trim dial on the right side of the TX and is molded into it "ACCEL" I pressed it a couple of times while I was flying didn't really notice any difference,The manual is in chinese and there is no mention about what is the function of that button as far as I can tell.... is this perhaps one of those 3.5 channel jobs where the button gives you more speed out of the tail motor? I'll have to play with that button more next time I'm flying my 6010.
Old Nov 03, 2010, 11:15 PM
Find More Posts by arbilab
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,399 Posts
<update below, didn't see I entered this frame cuz of 'back'>
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Last edited by arbilab; Nov 03, 2010 at 11:25 PM. Reason: screwup
Old Nov 03, 2010, 11:23 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,399 Posts
Thanks for bringing this to attention. Note, everyone confirms receiving USB charger but Xheli doesn't mention it. They seldom get details right. Only one review, said it worked great until crashed then gears slipped, so be careful.
Old Nov 03, 2010, 11:59 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
Only one review, said it worked great until crashed then gears slipped, so be careful.

I saw that review and immediately discounted it when I saw the crashing part.....not supposed to crash any helis stripped gears is expected when crashed especially when newbs haven't learned that gotta shut down the throttle before crash.
Old Nov 04, 2010, 01:11 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,399 Posts
If there's one thing I'm good at it's crashing. I can crash a CP without damaging it. More than once!
Old Nov 04, 2010, 02:08 AM
Find More Posts by scotsoft
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
There is another button on the 6010 Transmitter right above the trim dial on the right side of the TX and is molded into it "ACCEL" I pressed it a couple of times while I was flying didn't really notice any difference,The manual is in chinese and there is no mention about what is the function of that button as far as I can tell.... is this perhaps one of those 3.5 channel jobs where the button gives you more speed out of the tail motor? I'll have to play with that button more next time I'm flying my 6010.
I have the black version of this heli called the "Phoenix" and the button marked "ACCEL" only works when you are in forward flight. Press it when flying forward and get ready to ease back on the stick, it's like a turbo has kicked in

I have been flying mine for 8 months now using the original battery and still getting 5 to 6 minute flights from it
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Last edited by scotsoft; Nov 04, 2010 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Pictures added
Old Nov 04, 2010, 02:53 AM
Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
15,025 Posts
That Phoenix looks a lot like my Firespy. Also a zippy bird with over 10 minutes of flight times when the batteries are new. Battery has aged somewhat but I can still get over 6 to 7 minutes from it easily. Also makes a nice buzzing sound when flying, when the motors run in sinc.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Nov 04, 2010, 10:05 AM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
I have the black version of this heli called the "Phoenix" and the button marked "ACCEL" only works when you are in forward flight. Press it when flying forward and get ready to ease back on the stick, it's like a turbo has kicked in

I have been flying mine for 8 months now using the original battery and still getting 5 to 6 minute flights from it

OK, thanks for that;, so , it only works when you are holding forward pressure on the pitch control, just like a turbo boost?. I will try it out today carefully!

So far, I really like my 6010, it's such a good value, considerably cheaper than the S107 but just as good if not better in some respects.
Old Nov 04, 2010, 10:07 AM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
If there's one thing I'm good at it's crashing. I can crash a CP without damaging it. More than once!

HAHA!!!!! Now that is what is called real SKILL! crashing CP birds with no damage inflicted.