Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:17 PM
United States, FL, Crestview
Joined Oct 2008
558 Posts
Discussion
Mirage 2000 EDF question

Hey guys,

I have on order the ARF version of the Hobby Lobby/Nitroplanes/other misc. sellers of the Riccs Mirage - sans TX/RX. I'll be using my 2.4 Ghz.

I understand the stock ESC and battery pack suck, and don't power it well, and have had overheating problems, etc. I was wanting to upgrade these two pieces of equipment.

What do yall think of an E Flite 30amp ESC, and E Flite's 2100 miah 3S pack? Would this work well on the plane? It seems that I would have to shoe-horn the larger E Flite battery pack in, as it's larger than the stock one.

Any recommendations? As well, would all this stuff still work with a standard reciever, and other stock gear?

Thanks!
Kyle
kylewoody is offline Find More Posts by kylewoody
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2008, 02:29 AM
X-15 Jockey
Joined Oct 2006
2,439 Posts
the 30 amp will probably be fine, the eflite pack may be a bit big, you'll have to see, I run mine with a 2100 thunderpower pack which are about the smallest for the size, you need to cut into the battery bay plastic to connect the two bays and I put my receiver on the bottom of the plane, but once you have done that, you can slide it in without too much trouble. I swapped out the motor for a ls jet screamer, the stock motor was ok but was a heavier inrunner.

Check the servos carefully as well as the mounting and control rods/clevises, I thought the clevises were cheesy, and I had two planes auger in due to servo failures, but that was a year ago, they probably have that fixed now, and hobby lobby took care of me on both occasions.

Frank
burkefj is offline Find More Posts by burkefj
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: F-101B Voodoo with video