HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2013, 03:47 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined Jul 2013
8 Posts
Discussion
G4 Raptor with O.S 15 GT HZ Gasser installed

Hey guys,

I am after a little assistance in understanding the setup of the Governor on my machine, I've installed the sensor on the flywheel and went into the test menu, to make sure that the correct polarization was used.

What I don understand, is how to set it up and how it actually works??? in other words is it controlled through the radio "10CHG" in this case or is does the CGY750 simply look for the pulse count and adjust the throttle itself to achieve whatever headspeed you've asked for.

I guess the other problem here is that its such a big project for me, financially, i don't need to have a bad experience, usually I would just have a go, but this thing is such a potential weapon, I feel it would be prudent to make 100% sure that its all set right.

I cant imagine for a second that I am the only bloke out there that's in this situation :-)

Guess it serves me right for converting it to FBL, and using a gyro that's perhaps a little beyond my understanding.

I did go through the Maxwell video Pt 1 and set it up as best as i could, so the swash is all good etc, FF mode however has left the swash looking like it has a certain amount of down elevator input..... but that"s as they think on the video...

Guess I just lack a little confidence and simply putting it out there to see if there are any legends that can assist me with setup and maiden.

Cheers

Mark

G4 Raptor now FBL
CGY750
O.S.15 HZ with Powerboost Exhaust
Savox Servos throughout
Futaba SBUS Receiver
Futaba 10CHG TX
planesnchoppers is offline Find More Posts by planesnchoppers
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2013, 07:31 PM
Trailer Down By The River
Joined Sep 2004
473 Posts
Hey Mark ,I fly gassers but have no experience with your engine or gov. But I will say be very careful with that engine as there have been many failures even with experienced gasser heli pilots. Holes through the piston,,rings breaking etc. I would go to HF or RR and check it out and ask for advice. I would also recommend breaking in the engine without a GOV.
TURBOOMNI is offline Find More Posts by TURBOOMNI
Old Oct 13, 2013, 02:40 PM
Five Guys Field Rep
United States, VA, Chesapeake
Joined Feb 2013
482 Posts
I have a 10CAP and CGY750. I have gov settings slaved to a 3 position switch on the transmitter. In the 750 Gov setup you should see the RPM setting change as you toggle the switch on the transmitter. You adjust the rpm value on the CGY for each position of the switch (move switch, set rpm, etc.).
Don Quixote is offline Find More Posts by Don Quixote