HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:45 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipwing_T View Post
I just can't get into helicopters but I do have some coaxial bladed ones i fly in the house.
What is the fascination with copters . too many things to go wrong ..............but i give them
credit , they can fly and I can't .... when they went 3D , roger over and out !
I think it's the illusion that they are easy to fly. An airplane is constantly moving and I think people instinctively realize you need to be on top of something like that, but the helicopter hovers and then moves around and stops, and that looks a lot easier. It's an illusion, but it's convincing. I was in the mall today and saw one of those mini helicopter stands, he did have an interesting RC boat, but I know I can get a better quality boat from somewhere else. Anyway those guys make it look easy and they fly easy helicopters, and people just don't understand what they are getting into.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:04 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Mar 2012
2,596 Posts
You ever stand in one of those kiosks for an 8 hour shift with nowhere to go, and nothing to do but keep flying a helicopter? Who else could make it look easy to fly?
cityevader is offline Find More Posts by cityevader
Old Apr 11, 2013, 06:56 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
4,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
I think it's the illusion that they are easy to fly. ...
Something usually strongly suggested by the mfr/dist'r ad sale pitch videos, too.
'Course, they do that with planes too, & who hasn't been 'suckered in' by that at least a time or two?
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member