810 Posts
that looks good!!
hallstudio is offline Find More Posts by hallstudio
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2014, 02:01 PM
Joined Dec 2013
10 Posts
Thanks!

I'm having issues with just getting this thing off the ground now, as soon as I apply throttle, the front of it wants to flip over backwards. The front motors are lifting off, but the rear motor doesn't seem to want to catch up to the rest of it. This was in Self-Level and out of it. Here are my setting in the PI Editor, everything else is default IIRC.

Roll/Pitch Axis:
Pgain = 150
Plimit = 100
Igain = 50
Ilimit = 20

Yaw Axis:
Pgain = 150
Plimit = 20
Igain = 50
Ilimit = 10
Dragon_Nutz is offline Find More Posts by Dragon_Nutz
Old Feb 07, 2014, 02:36 PM
United States, WI, Chippewa Falls
Joined Dec 2012
123 Posts
Leave the gains at their default values. The KK2.x flies good with stock settings. Make sure you that you calibrate your ESC's to the KK2.x board.
laserj is offline Find More Posts by laserj
Old Feb 07, 2014, 02:58 PM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
1,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Nutz View Post
Thanks!

I'm having issues with just getting this thing off the ground now, as soon as I apply throttle, the front of it wants to flip over backwards. The front motors are lifting off, but the rear motor doesn't seem to want to catch up to the rest of it. This was in Self-Level and out of it. Here are my setting in the PI Editor, everything else is default IIRC.

Roll/Pitch Axis:
Pgain = 150
Plimit = 100
Igain = 50
Ilimit = 20

Yaw Axis:
Pgain = 150
Plimit = 20
Igain = 50
Ilimit = 10
Calibrate ESC's with props off

Be sure prop rotation is correct per motor layout on KK board

Be sure correct rotation props are mounted in correct location.

Pop it up and fly.............
FlyHighSelllow is offline Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Old Feb 08, 2014, 02:30 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
56 Posts
Just a thought. Has anyone tried the Simple T as a Y6 (T6) hex? Just thinking up some projects for this year. Might try it with Sunnysky 980s with 10x4 carbon props, NAZA controller.

My aim I so lift a pony with a GoPro on it. You in, Matt?
Capt Buscemi is offline Find More Posts by Capt Buscemi
Old Feb 08, 2014, 07:50 AM
United States, WI, Chippewa Falls
Joined Dec 2012
123 Posts
Y6 or T6 are not really efficient. The coaxial design does not increase thrust unless you use bigger prop on the bottom, but the thrust gain is still minimum. However the Y6 design will still fly decent in mid air if you were to experience a motor or esc failure. For maximum lifting thrust, the hex will beat the Y6 hands down.
laserj is offline Find More Posts by laserj
Old Feb 08, 2014, 03:17 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserj View Post
Y6 or T6 are not really efficient. The coaxial design does not increase thrust unless you use bigger prop on the bottom, but the thrust gain is still minimum. However the Y6 design will still fly decent in mid air if you were to experience a motor or esc failure. For maximum lifting thrust, the hex will beat the Y6 hands down.
Yes, I know. On the other hand, the T6/Y6 layout gives better wind penetration than a flat hex. I live in a very windy part of the world, and this is a major consideration. I accept that the battery endurance is less.

I'm chasing commercial approval for AP, and the local regulator requires a hex or octo for certification due to the engine failure case. I love the T-copter design so much, I was thinking of trying a T6 initially, using my existing airframe. Might try 16mm booms instead of the existing 12mm (1/2") to handle the extra weight and thrust.
Capt Buscemi is offline Find More Posts by Capt Buscemi
Old Feb 09, 2014, 04:25 PM
United States, NJ, Edgewater Park
Joined Dec 2013
391 Posts
Did you follow the motor layout M1-CW,M2-CCW,M3-CW and make sure you have the correct prop on the correct motor? If they are correct,calibrate esc's.

Quote:
Thanks!

Roll/Pitch Axis:
Pgain = 150
Plimit = 100
Igain = 50
Ilimit = 20

Yaw Axis:
Pgain = 150
Plimit = 20
Igain = 50
Ilimit = 10
RC_Flying is offline Find More Posts by RC_Flying
Old Feb 09, 2014, 05:10 PM
Joined Dec 2013
10 Posts
Hey everyone, it flies!!! At least, as much as it can from inside my living room lol. It's 22 degrees outside, a little bit too cold for me to do a maiden flight right now.

I checked rotation of the motors again prior to re-calibrating (for the umpteenth time) the ESC's and I found that while the rear motor had the correct prop on it, it was spinning in the wrong direction. Swapped 2 wires and, voila, fixed!

Thank you everyone for your input and your help. It scared the crap out my wife who was in the other room lol
Dragon_Nutz is offline Find More Posts by Dragon_Nutz
Old Feb 09, 2014, 06:49 PM
United States, NJ, Edgewater Park
Joined Dec 2013
391 Posts
Good work,congrats!

Quote:
Hey everyone, it flies!!! At least, as much as it can from inside my living room lol. It's 22 degrees outside, a little bit too cold for me to do a maiden flight right now.

I checked rotation of the motors again prior to re-calibrating (for the umpteenth time) the ESC's and I found that while the rear motor had the correct prop on it, it was spinning in the wrong direction. Swapped 2 wires and, voila, fixed!

Thank you everyone for your input and your help. It scared the crap out my wife who was in the other room lol
RC_Flying is offline Find More Posts by RC_Flying
Old Mar 17, 2014, 12:16 PM
Slovakia, Trencin
Joined Jun 2012
59 Posts
Hey guys Since we became a T copter their construction and letovími vlasnosti very interesting I would suggest if you want to:

Anyone who constructed his T copter
let him publish his photo, shoulder - what used components, appropriate layout engine distances, center of gravity, could show a short video as it has been flying and main settings panel KK2.0, KK2.1

I believe that this would help a lot of people make is opting for the construction of the T-copter
jano101 is offline Find More Posts by jano101