HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2011, 02:43 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,565 Posts
You have to have a rangevideo account to see those jumper pictures. Here they are (see picture names):
boopidoo is online now Find More Posts by boopidoo
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2011, 02:45 AM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Brøndbyvester
Joined Jun 2009
591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by man2000me View Post
Looks good on the AHI. It that was bouncing around then I would say you have a problem.

Try it, Turn it on and if it act strange then turn it off.
Also make sure your plane is trimed to fly at 8amps level with no stick input. Then set your "set neutrals" to that. According to you video you should set your cruise throttle to 1.47ms. And maybe set the glide throttle to 1.25-1.35 (that is a guess.
So each time I trim my plane, I have to enter the menu and "Set neutrals" ?

What is the difference between cruise throttle and glide throttle ?
SpookiePower is offline Find More Posts by SpookiePower
Old Oct 05, 2011, 02:46 AM
Joined Jun 2009
591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn View Post
That looks great to me. Try it with FBW first just to prove to yourself. It will make you comfortable about giving up control to the OSD.
Looking Good!
Cheers
Frank
I'll try FBW first, and then RTH if it seems to work perfect.

But when I fly FBW, the OSD only helps me to keep the plane level, it does not use throttle - is this correct ?
Old Oct 05, 2011, 04:25 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
can the OSD itself be used as a quad stabilization too?
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Oct 05, 2011, 05:39 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,788 Posts
Hi Spookie,
Each time you change the trim of your plane, the autopilot needs to know what it is, so it can set the control surfaces to hold the new trimmed position. Once the plane is trimmed for straight and level you should set neutrals in the OSD A/P menu. This is needed every time you make changes to the trim the plane for whatever reason, but when its flying straight you shouldn't need to retrim. Don't forget to use the "Save Settings" after landing.
Cruise throttle is what you want the A/P to run the motor at when it needs to climb to your cruise altitude. Glide throttle is what you want the motor to run at when the plane is above the cruise altitude and descending. Usually you just set it to stop the motor and glide.
FBW doesn't change the throttle. All the stabilization modes allow you to use the motor. RTH is the only one that manages the throttle.
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Oct 05, 2011, 05:45 AM
Joined Jun 2009
591 Posts
Thanks Ommadawn

I have another question - there is a number just above LOS on the F16 screen, that shows almost the same as LOS. But what does these numbers mean ?
Old Oct 05, 2011, 05:49 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,788 Posts
LOS is line of sight distance. The distance between you and the plane. The other distance is across the ground, to a spot on the earth directly beneath the plane. When you are directly overhead your ground distance will be zero and your LOS will be the same as your altitude.
Old Oct 05, 2011, 05:50 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,788 Posts
Im going to start charging $$ for this soon
Old Oct 05, 2011, 06:05 AM
Joined Jan 2006
193 Posts
Yes, thank you ScooterInVegas and Boopidoo.

Just to be clear, I did read the instructions over several times. What confused me was the terminology - "enabled" vs "disabled". So I did a search on this thread and saw Elcheapo say to remove the jumper in post 253. That is why I asked whether or not it should be removed entirely.

So, back to the terminology, does "enable" mean that we are enabling the main battery to power everything (not just ESC, motor, servos, but also the RVOSD, camera, and vtx), and "disable" mean that the main battery will only be used to power ESC, motor, servos (i.e. we are disabling the main battery from powering the RVOSD, camera, and vtx), in which case we will need a secondary battery to power OSD, camera, and vtx?

If I had the answer to that, then everything would be clear to me.

Thanks,
Tux
ptuxbury is online now Find More Posts by ptuxbury
Old Oct 05, 2011, 12:31 PM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptuxbury View Post
Yes, thank you ScooterInVegas and Boopidoo.

Just to be clear, I did read the instructions over several times. What confused me was the terminology - "enabled" vs "disabled". So I did a search on this thread and saw Elcheapo say to remove the jumper in post 253. That is why I asked whether or not it should be removed entirely.

So, back to the terminology, does "enable" mean that we are enabling the main battery to power everything (not just ESC, motor, servos, but also the RVOSD, camera, and vtx), and "disable" mean that the main battery will only be used to power ESC, motor, servos (i.e. we are disabling the main battery from powering the RVOSD, camera, and vtx), in which case we will need a secondary battery to power OSD, camera, and vtx?

If I had the answer to that, then everything would be clear to me.

Thanks,
Tux
You just gave the correct answer to your own question.
lrrps is offline Find More Posts by lrrps
Old Oct 05, 2011, 01:44 PM
Joined Jun 2009
591 Posts
Im trying to upgrade the mainboard firmware right now - but the PICkit 2 software will not detect the PICkit 2 programmer.

When I open up PICkit 2 program - it says PICkit 2 found and connected.

But when I select the right device it says - No device detected. Ensure proper capacitance on VDDCORE/VCAP pin. But the Target and Busy LED turns on for just a second.

What is going wrong here ?
Old Oct 05, 2011, 01:50 PM
FPV Desert Beta Test Center
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Nov 2006
2,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookiePower View Post
Im trying to upgrade the mainboard firmware right now - but the PICkit 2 software will not detect the PICkit 2 programmer.

When I open up PICkit 2 program - it says PICkit 2 found and connected.

But when I select the right device it says - No device detected. Ensure proper capacitance on VDDCORE/VCAP pin. But the Target and Busy LED turns on for just a second.

What is going wrong here ?
Do you have the lastest Pickit software v2.61?
Gary Evans is offline Find More Posts by Gary Evans
Old Oct 05, 2011, 03:18 PM
Joined Jun 2009
591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Evans View Post
Do you have the lastest Pickit software v2.61?
I did use the latest software - but after many attempts it worked finally.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 01:26 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Manchester
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
I'm thinking of getting this. Mostly because of the horizontal attitude indicator. Can this be set up to work with my flying wing? (elevons)
Bear_Pants is offline Find More Posts by Bear_Pants
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 11, 2011, 02:27 AM
Village Idiot!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Pants View Post
I'm thinking of getting this. Mostly because of the horizontal attitude indicator. Can this be set up to work with my flying wing? (elevons)
Yep. The "horizontal attitude indicator" as you call it is called AHI.

AHI my butt, wait till you flip a switch and the plane turns around and comes home!! And Fly By Wire (FBW) in the wind, the plane flys like there is no wind. Cool...
ScooterInVegas is offline Find More Posts by ScooterInVegas