Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 21, 2011, 03:22 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,698 Posts
Thanks Shrub, I am in dispute with a seller at the moment because he listed he had the Orange and White one and I was sent another green one .
His argument is the selection is random, my argument is if he lists as having green and orange/ White for sale then I should get what I ask for .

I have collected these over a fair period of time and I did buy three of the S026's as spares or repair and managed to repair them so no spares but three more Chinooks

I may be adding two spares or repairs to the hangar soon

There are:
2 x non gyro S026
2 x S026 non gyro clones from Maplins
5 x gyro S026
1 x HK298 gyro Chinook (S026 clone)
2 x S022
1 x E-flite Blade mCX Tandem RTF (I use my DX6i to fly it)

Some of the S026 Chinooks will be getting a coat of paint over the next few weeks, when I have them done I will post some pictures

Off Topic: I like your excellent video of the CF refit of your Yellow 6020-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_SHRUB View Post
HOLY JEEZ SCOTSOFT!!!! Wow!! I think you have the largest fleet of sub-micro tandem helicopters ever! (or at least that I've ever seen)

You should try and track down some different color variants to the s026g. I'm itching to see some nice pics of the orange/white one
scotsoft is online now Find More Posts by scotsoft
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:42 AM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
Some of the S026 Chinooks will be getting a coat of paint over the next few weeks, when I have them done I will post some pictures

Off Topic: I like your excellent video of the CF refit of your Yellow 6020-1
Thanks! I figured it would be worth while to document it, and I think it was especially useful after I found out that the parts weren't going to fit as easily as I thought.

Be sure to post pics of the Chinooks in their new paint! Love seeing custom paint jobs

In the mean time, I've begun posting videos on my youtube channel of my mCX tandem with a 2.4Ghz wireless camera attached to it. I tried using the 6020, and my 68785 helis but the extra weight is just a bit too much for them to handle, but the mCX tandem rescue has no problem with it. The battery and Camera/Tx module are attached to the heli using one piece of scotch tape each, making it easy to move the setup around the helicopter.

Here are some pictures and a video of the setup (the camera was moved from where it is mounted to the heli in the picture below, in the vid it is attached to the outer side of the left pontoon, giving it a better Point-of-View)

Blade mCX tandem video with 2.4ghz indoor FPV camera (4 min 25 sec)

THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:57 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,698 Posts
I had a look at the tandem video this afternoon and it does seem to cope better
I attached my stripped down keyfob cam to my stripped down S026G and gave it another go last Monday, I used rubber bands to attach it and try to reduce vibration but was not that successful .
If I can find something to absorb the vibration better the S026G flight time suffers but it will stay in the air and shoot some video.
So I am cutting up sponges, foam anything I see lying about the house one tip I got from the multi rotor forum was a roll of "stuff" that is non stick and is used to keep contents of drawers from slopping about.
So as I have some I am going to try some of that next
If it works I might have a video to post that won't have me cringing with shame lol

Quote:
In the mean time, I've begun posting videos on my youtube channel of my mCX tandem with a 2.4Ghz wireless camera attached to it. I tried using the 6020, and my 68785 helis but the extra weight is just a bit too much for them to handle, but the mCX tandem rescue has no problem with it. The battery and Camera/Tx module are attached to the heli using one piece of scotch tape each, making it easy to move the setup around the helicopter.

Here are some pictures and a video of the setup (the camera was moved from where it is mounted to the heli in the picture below, in the vid it is attached to the outer side of the left pontoon, giving it a better Point-of-View)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FECo8CfIggg
Old Apr 23, 2011, 06:36 AM
My skylift broke AGAIN!!!
Central UK
Joined Apr 2008
31 Posts
TWISTER SKYLIFT AND WALKERA #38 notes.

I got a skylift a while ago, and found the following to be true.

The wheels are very fragile, as are the blades, making this an expensive heli for all but the experts. The "turret" that supports the lower blades tends to fail every third blade strike, and the 3 in one unit is a weak point. I've had one fail and I'm not the only one. I'm currently trying to fabricate my own from a gyro, pair of flaperon mixers and pair of esky brushed escs. The fuselage although the best loooking one of all IMHO, is quite fragile and the maplin fuse can be made to fit at a fraction of the price. ON THE PLUS SIDE, Blade CX parts seem to be a drop in replacement, so I now have (courtesy of a us hop-me-up supplier I found on ebay) cnc rotor heads, with FOLDABLE blades, I have one cx2 cnc turret and swash that a kind member of another group gave me, and one that I sourced from the 'bay. The completed airframe looks good, all I need to do now is pull my finger out and do the electrics. The standard skylift flies OK once set up correctly (I've never had a new one so cannot comment on how they are shipped) it's just the landings that seem expensive. The motor mounting subframe allows a fair bit of slop in the whole rotating department, a judiciously applied cable tie or two will reduce it.

I've also got a walkera #38 to inspect from a friend. It's flown but unmarked, but the electronics has failed, and unlike the skylift, the receiver module is a special item, so it's not a easy to digose whether the rx has failed or the controller board, however a quick shufti at the bay reveals that the controller boards are plentiful and cheap but the rx boards rarer and more expensive. I lke the fact that the walkera already has the cnc head gear and foldable blades, but walkeras IME make better objet d'art than they function as small flying machines.

I've had enough walkera heartache, already, so I'm going to leave that one well alone, especially having read other peoples experiences who have actually flown the #38.

Hope this helps someone. Cheers, Steve C.
swallabat is offline Find More Posts by swallabat
Old Apr 24, 2011, 04:50 PM
Pineville, LA
Joined Dec 2006
309 Posts
Sounds like from this thread, if I was going to recommend a tandem to friend the Blade mcx tandem would be the way to go. The Esky uses a 7.4v battery and the Blade has a 3.7v. Does the Esky have more power for flying in low wind outdoors?

Thanks
robgau is offline Find More Posts by robgau
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:19 PM
Springfield, VA USA
Joined Sep 2008
278 Posts
robgau - The Walkera #38 uses a 2S lipo. I believe that it has four, 370-size motors, but barely has enough power to fly. My Skylift uses a 3S lipo while the MCX Tandem uses a 1S battery. The Skylift can lift a can of soda. That means it has plenty of power, but it is very susceptible to wind and easy to stall/crash when you fly too high...It has a hard time getting back down in one piece once you can no longer determine if it is ascending or descending. It is also too bleeping big to fly indoors in anything smaller than a gymnasium. I doubt that the Walkera #38 would do any better than a Skylift, indoors or outdoors.

Scotsoft - Put some moongel or sorbothane between the camera and the body. The rubber bands will squeeze the gel. That will dampen vibrations nicely. You can also try some silicone glue. It dampens vibration well, but it is a bit of a pain to have the camera glued to the aircraft.

Shrub - Side mount gives a pretty good view compared to under the airframe. Was the transmitter taped to the other side of the fuelage? I just tried that with 2 keyfobs and then 1 keyfob on a CX2. The single camera side mount seemed to cause TBE. Am not sure, because the wind came up and I had to land.
AH-64 D is offline Find More Posts by AH-64 D
Last edited by AH-64 D; Apr 25, 2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: add information about Walkera #38
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:03 AM
Plane crazy
USA, CA, Yucaipa
Joined Jul 2010
153 Posts
Help

My first Coax tandem. This is my thread from the general coax area. Didn't know at the time that there was a tandem specific thread going. Please offer suggestions.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post18074554
ISPYFROMABOVE is offline Find More Posts by ISPYFROMABOVE
Old May 02, 2011, 07:22 PM
Old
Joined Nov 2010
37 Posts
I just joined the ranks of tandem owners today. The little E-Flite Tandem Rescue. What a hoot! It flies pretty well but seems to need a bunch of left trim to hold heading. Turns right and left just fine and is *so* much easier to fly than the 120SR I started with.

8-9 minutes out of the 250 ma batteries. I can tell I'm going to need more. The end of the fly,crash,buy parts ... repeat cycle ... what a fun little house fly!

R
RHough is offline Find More Posts by RHough
Old Jan 01, 2012, 12:38 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,584 Posts
Hear-ye hear-ye. In celebration of 2012, I hereby resurrect this tandem heli thread in celebration of my new holiday acquisition. A RTF Blade mCX Tandem It works quite well with my brand-new DX6i.

I've encountered and figured out how to handle the body flex issue (causing unwanted yaw) and otherwise it's a lot of fun to fly in my big empty studio. I've got to do a lot of practice with it and it's cousin the new mCX2 that I got before I'm ready to fly in other rooms.

I'm entranced by tandems and have a S026 in shipping. I'll probably grab a S022 soon as well. I'm just a little miffed that I came late to the party and there aren't any more available from the other vendors talked about in this thread.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2012, 12:51 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Hear-ye hear-ye. In celebration of 2012, I hereby resurrect this tandem heli thread in celebration of my new holiday acquisition. A RTF Blade mCX Tandem It works quite well with my brand-new DX6i.

I've encountered and figured out how to handle the body flex issue (causing unwanted yaw) and otherwise it's a lot of fun to fly in my big empty studio. I've got to do a lot of practice with it and it's cousin the new mCX2 that I got before I'm ready to fly in other rooms.

I'm entranced by tandems and have a S026 in shipping. I'll probably grab a S022 soon as well. I'm just a little miffed that I came late to the party and there aren't any more available from the other vendors talked about in this thread.
Resurrect is hardly the word for it
This thread must have been buried under a mountain of dust
Probably just what it needs some new enthusiastic blood cursing through its veins.
I have a few S026 Chinooks which I love flying and making them dance in the air

These are just some of my Chinook fleet
Old Jan 01, 2012, 01:11 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,584 Posts
Hey, anybody have the E-sky Tandem? How does it compare to the Eflite mCX Tandem (just for reference since I have the latter)?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2012, 10:35 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,584 Posts
Woot! I just got my first S026 Chinook today. It trims up and flies like a dream! I can see why people who have them love them so much.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2012, 04:53 PM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
I love my tandem, its totally different from a normal coax. I haven't flown my mCX tandem in a while... maybe its time to dust her off
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Old Jan 05, 2012, 03:14 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,698 Posts
Quote:
I love my tandem, its totally different from a normal coax. I haven't flown my mCX tandem in a while... maybe its time to dust her off
Welcome back Shrub, it's been ages since you posted apart from the vids of you building your two wheeled transport
Old Jan 05, 2012, 06:27 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,617 Posts
S022G on DSM2!

Ok a little stealthily with the full details not mentioned but I have found a way to upgrade my S022 not only with a Gyro but also up to 100meter range (Vs 30meter stock) with DSM2 technology, it will also have two remotely switched outputs Nav/search light and Bomb/paratrooper drop.

Sound interesting, at the moment the DSM2 upgrade is still at the prototyping stage with its creator, myself and one other lucky RCG member (you know who you are ) as beta testers, were about to test the second software release, as soon as I have it I'll try and get a S022 flight test video up on YouTube.

Hope you've all had fun over Christmas!
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83