85 Posts
Excellent!
BanditD is offline Find More Posts by BanditD
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2014, 06:12 PM
Sweden (born UK bred Wales)
Joined Aug 2002
467 Posts
guys, what's the status on CV these days? is it still actively developed and maintained? I see there is some effort put into ports on mobile devices but PC version seems to have stagnated. What's in the pipeline?
cheers
konaboy is offline Find More Posts by konaboy
Old Aug 02, 2014, 03:58 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,140 Posts
ClearView is being ported to Absolute RC Simulators on mobile. Once the work is complete, all ClearView models could be used on mobile by the ClearView simulation engine. At that time, we will release the Absolute RC sims on Mac OS, on Windows, on any browser, and indeed on any iPhone/iPad tablets, any Android, Amazon and Windows phone or tablet. It will be available pretty much on any device you could possible have and use.

Stefan
http://happybytesapps.com
skirtz is offline Find More Posts by skirtz
Old Aug 02, 2014, 06:50 PM
Sweden (born UK bred Wales)
Joined Aug 2002
467 Posts
thanks for the status update Stefan. One must-have feature for me is support for transmitter or USB-simulator-transmitter control interface, flying from the touch screen is a no-go. Hopefully the PC & Mac version will support this but what's the situation for the mobile devices, is it possible to hook up a controller?

good luck and look forward to the new releases!
konaboy is offline Find More Posts by konaboy
Old Aug 02, 2014, 07:43 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,140 Posts
There will be support of USB controllers on mobile sometimes after the main release.

Stefan
Old Aug 04, 2014, 12:16 PM
Mexico, MEX, Naucalpan
Joined May 2009
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skirtz View Post
ClearView is being ported to Absolute RC Simulators on mobile. Once the work is complete, all ClearView models could be used on mobile by the ClearView simulation engine. At that time, we will release the Absolute RC sims on Mac OS, on Windows, on any browser, and indeed on any iPhone/iPad tablets, any Android, Amazon and Windows phone or tablet. It will be available pretty much on any device you could possible have and use.

Stefan
Linux please !
fbm224 is offline Find More Posts by fbm224
Old Aug 06, 2014, 01:26 AM
United States, OH, Eaton
Joined May 2006
1,135 Posts
I would like to see a Linux version too.
chris1379 is offline Find More Posts by chris1379
Old Aug 06, 2014, 01:53 AM
Joined Sep 2002
2,140 Posts
Since the new ClearView (under Absolute RC simulator name) can be deployed under all platforms - mobile phones, browser, tablets, PC, Macs and Linux, the Linux will be just one more deployment target. If there is interest, we could do that.

Stefan
Old Aug 14, 2014, 04:22 AM
Valhallax
Australia, SA, Mount Gambier
Joined Aug 2014
2 Posts
Hi, I only bought clearview today, does this mean that I should've waited until the Absolute RC got released for PC as we will no longer get updates?
ValhallaX is offline Find More Posts by ValhallaX
Old Aug 14, 2014, 08:06 AM
Fly it low.. and fly it fast!
United States, MA, Westport
Joined Nov 2011
1,761 Posts
Sailplanes/Hotliners?

Hello,

I was wondering if more sailplanes/gliders/hotliners/DSing could be made for clearview?
I would be willing to pay!

Main reason, i'm really getting into flying thermal/slope soaring, etc, etc. But there are only a couple of models currently available for clearview that fit this description.

Models that come to mind....

1 Easy Glider
2 Easy Star
3 Ascent park glider
4 Sky Surfer (with and without flaps)
5 Skyhawk glider

And don't get me wrong, these models are lots of fun to fly, but they don't quite cut it for doing things like chasing thermals and DSing, etc, etc.

If more specific DSing/thermal/sailplane type models could be made.... I will pay!!
I don't want to switch to another sim, I have had clearview for close to 5 years now and I love it.... graphics are good and it gets the job done without breaking the bank like most other sims in its class.

Please please please consider making these types of models!!
Hit N Run is online now Find More Posts by Hit N Run
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:00 PM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
1,950 Posts
Here is a link to tell you about what the FAA is planning to do to our hobby, and hoe you can send your comments to the FAA if you care:
http://www.modelaviationdigital.com/...&pm=2&fs=1#pg3
dbacon is offline Find More Posts by dbacon
Old Aug 24, 2014, 08:15 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,140 Posts
deleted by me
Last edited by skirtz; Aug 30, 2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old Today, 09:15 AM
Joined Nov 2013
1 Posts
Could someone tell me if you can still use the third party planes on "Ken's ClearView" with ClearView SE?
captnbob45 is offline Find More Posts by captnbob45