HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 27, 2014, 01:46 PM
Ground Repeller
Singapore
Joined Jun 2014
263 Posts
Too late, it seems hes probably already gone from the forums. Though i might add that i bought a HK450 as well, just because its so cheap i can use it first for learning how to set stuff up and then for bashing. My align kit is still sitting in its sealed box, too afraid to really put it together since i don't want to wreck it on its maiden.
ZeniethLily is offline Find More Posts by ZeniethLily
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2014, 03:27 PM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,463 Posts
Maybe you should put your Align together, so you can see how it's meant to be. Then you can put it to one side while you build your HK and learn on it
abenn is offline Find More Posts by abenn
Old Jun 27, 2014, 08:45 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abenn View Post
Maybe you should put your Align together, so you can see how it's meant to be. Then you can put it to one side while you build your HK and learn on it
Now thats some good advise
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Jun 28, 2014, 10:00 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus1967 View Post
Hihi, obviously you are not aware of the history of RC helicopters....
There have been countless different mechanical mixing systems....

Check for for example the old Shuttle ZX from Hirobo, compared to the Schlüter Scout or Champion, the two functioned entirely different.

Shuttle had all servo's fixed, but otherwise was pretty similar to the principle of the Raptor (but the immobile roll and elevator servo and the moving CP yoke cause a bit of interference between elevator and pitch, but Schlüter had three servo's each in a separate cradle, and the centres of the servoshafts connected by a rod with three ball links, so the three servo's formed a parallellogram construction.
One servo pushed against a fixed point on the chassis, thus rocking all three servo's forward/aft, and the other two servo's were connected to elevator and roll on the swash. Worked amazingly good but it looked, to say the least, funny when operating the collective: all servo's started to swing in an arc of 30~40 degrees....

HB/Graupner and earlier Schlüters used variations on the hollow shaft,either moving the washout or a clever linkage in the head, Earliest Kavan was using indeed a servo-board that moved up and down entirely again, but was otherwise different from for example the mechanical mix in earlier Kyosho Calibers.

And then the numerous cross-overs between the separate systems, like the early Heim helicopters using a sort of elevon-mixing between CP and roll, and the elevator working via some form of parallellogram follower system.

When I was starting out in the hobby I spent ages trying to figure out how it all worked from looking at the catalogue pages....

Brgds, Bert
Bergen helicopters still use mechanical mixing btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Up View Post
Back in 2005/06 the Ark 400 was one of Aligns mini competitors. Towers picked up the brand and relabeled it Helimax MX400. There was also a Pro and a 450. They pretty well dried up in 2011 or so…

Nice docile machine, great for learning…

I believe this system was called single servo mechanical…
It's indeed called single servo, most FBL systems require you to set your radio to this mode so that they can receive separate signals for the elevator aileron and collective pitch channels.
Atomic Skull is online now Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Jun 28, 2014, 10:12 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ450 View Post
'Well, plastic is plastic,'... well not all plastic is same plastic, it does differ however you are on the right track, it is still a plastic. I have not done much testing on my 450 as I am not satisfied with plastic blade holders (although they might hold) but I'm just not that confident so I'll upgrade to metal.
Not all plastic is equal, many large quality brand helicopters come stock with plastic tail blade grips which hold up to hard flying just fine (My RJX X-treme 600 has plastic tail grips, I thought about upgrading to the aluminum ones but the plastic ones have worked fine). Mikado helicopters are made almost entirely from plastic and are regarded as high quality machines. One of the most durable helicopters out there is the Pantera P6 and the frame is also plastic.
Atomic Skull is online now Find More Posts by Atomic Skull